Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports die2nite - the various failings of Celerysteve

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

http://www.die2nite.com/

you are thrown into a town with 39 strangers, no you cant pick who is in your town get over it. each day at rollover you get 6 action points. you can spend them on community projects (building defenses, resources, etc.) or you can spend them searching the wasteland (outside of your towns gates). each movement costs 1 AP, but searching is free. So, if you do leave town, make sure you only go out half of your available APs, because you’ll get stranded otherwise.

every night at rollover, the town is attacked by zombies. they will first hit the defenses you’ve built if any, then people at random. 1 person = 1 defense point. the waves tend to get stronger as you go on. if you survive, next day is about rebuilding, and preparing again.

so, resource management, teamwork, etc.

because your moves are so limited, it’s a very small time commitment each day. there are forums for each town to discuss what direction they’d like to move in (for example, a watchtower costs 12 action points, so it’s a group effort to build.)

sign up, or don’t i don’t care. you can play free, or pay for hero accounts that give you special abilities.

enjoy.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Just finished using the last of my AP. Game looks interesting, but seems to dependent on not having a complete retard in your group. But, we shall see how this goes.

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

Sounds like the Last Stand flash game.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Aurum Posted:

Sounds like the Last Stand flash game.

it literally couldn’t be anything further from that. it’s more like forumwarz than it is like that. and it’s nothing like forumwarz.

a day in game takes 24 real world hours. every night at “midnight” (5PM EST I believe) your town is attacked, you get a report, there is no actual interaction.

you work as a team with other real players. when you die in the game, you are dead forever (in that town – free to join a new town).

you spend your turns helping to build or scavenging for materials in the desert. if you run into zombies in the desert good luck. you can restore your turns with water ration (1x per day), food ration (1x per day) and drugs (infinity) – but drugs come with a negative side effect including addiction.

it’s way more turn based strategy RPG mmo, than a flash action-shooter. and way more interesting for that matter.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Just finished my second day, liking it so far.

Other than a couple people who can not listen and kept trying to build things other than a workshop, we got it out in time.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Game seems pretty cool. I just completed our watchtower FTW. I registered under Celerysteve so if you want to add me or refer me or whatever or however it works that would be cool…

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

This game is p. cool.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

i have in real life things to do thank you anyways Log in to see images!

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Helpful resources for noobs:

http://die2nite.hoah.org/

This will let you view the town status typically not available while you are on the map.

http://die2nite.gamerz.org.uk/index.php

An interactive map that lets you mark what items were left on the ground, etc.

To use them go to your soul page, click on the settings tab, and enable external apps. Once you’ve down that, you’ll have a key available that you can plug into these sites to get your custom URLs.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

They see my hovel; they hatin’.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Celerysteve Posted:

They see my hovel; they hatin’.

Haha, hovels are an area of contention. Your spending town resources on your own home, which is good for you, but bad for the group as a whole. Some towns, will get to a point where the major projects are done, and theres enough planks to go around for everyone to upgrade to a hovel.

In general anything for your home is frowned upon, except kitchens because they can turn rancid foods into good meals. And labs because they can make drugs.

Of course, how you play is up to you, but its not uncommon for hovel builders to get banished.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

In Spite Of Posted:

Haha, hovels are an area of contention. Your spending town resources on your own home, which is good for you, but bad for the group as a whole. Some towns, will get to a point where the major projects are done, and theres enough planks to go around for everyone to upgrade to a hovel.

In general anything for your home is frowned upon, except kitchens because they can turn rancid foods into good meals. And labs because they can make drugs.

Of course, how you play is up to you, but its not uncommon for hovel builders to get banished.

I only got three complaints. I’m leading my dudes to victory in the forums so I think most are cool with it. We’re on day four with 24 people left. Hovels are not really all that bad idea, sure they help you, but they also increase the town defense by two and only cost a single plank.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

17 people left here.

We had a greifer as well who took everything we needed for a watch tower on day 2 and ran out the gates.

We have someone who has been playing this game since before it was translated, so that’s helping us survive this long.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

We have 19 citizens left on day 4. Had 12 die last night, because they were inactive since the start and finally died of thirst. The only other deaths we’ve had is people who didn’t make it back into town before we shut the gates. Not one zombie has made it through our defenses yet (last night we had over 40 more defense points than the horde)

We won’t be building any hovels, we’re spending our planks on a spiked pit (costs 20 planks but it’s worth 50 def)

The 19 of us there are will definitely survive tonight based on the forecasts unless someone gets stupid and dies out in the wasteland.

Plus, all those dead bodies of inactive players means we were able to steal 12 doggie bags to add a major surplus to our food supply! Some of them also had loaded weapons and their welcome packs still so we’re stocked really well.

If you can’t tell I’m really enjoying this game. Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Had the same thing happen with a guy running off with stuff; at least that’s what he posted as his final words. We got the spiked pit up last night. We’re working on the moat and the well-drilling rig. I saved a guy today then got into some trouble myself a little ways out… those water bombs work great.

Do you know if any zombies killed outside during the day means that many less at night? I would hope so…

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

day 2, lost 9 people last night after someone locked everyone outside hahaha

soon to be dead guy Posted:

im stuck 3 zones to the west.need help!!!4 zombies

our town is going swell

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Chawin Posted:

day 2, lost 9 people last night after someone locked everyone outside hahaha

our town is going swell

that guy just needs for someone to walk out to his location, once a 2nd person is there the zone will be under control (i.e. not outnumbered, remember humans are worth 2, zombies just 1) as long as you leave within 30 minutes of each other he’ll be able to escape. you can use the mini-forum type thing inside the zone to communicate a time you can both agree on leaving the zone

That or take a weapon with you and kill 2 zombies (Plastic Bag + Water is cheap and would work fine)

Chawin

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

In Spite Of Posted:

that guy just needs for someone to walk out to his location, once a 2nd person is there the zone will be under control (i.e. not outnumbered, remember humans are worth 2, zombies just 1) as long as you leave within 30 minutes of each other he’ll be able to escape. you can use the mini-forum type thing inside the zone to communicate a time you can both agree on leaving the zone

That or take a weapon with you and kill 2 zombies (Plastic Bag + Water is cheap and would work fine)

something happened and now i’m in a town on day one :/ im very confused.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Chawin Posted:

something happened and now i’m in a town on day one :/ im very confused.

You died, turkey. That’s what happened.

That’s cool though, the thing about you have 30 minutes and you can both walk away. I didn’t know that.

Chawin

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Celerysteve Posted:

You died, turkey. That’s what happened.

That’s cool though, the thing about you have 30 minutes and you can both walk away. I didn’t know that.

i didnt die thats for sure, says im still on my first town with no previous towns

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!