Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poetry Contest for 15 BP

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Find the original source for the following quote. Contest length is 1 week, with possible extensions. If I can verify it’s the original source, you’ll get 15 BP, with a possible extra 15 BP bonus. If I can’t verify the source, you get nothing. If no one finds the source in a week, or if I find it first, I award the BP to myself.

”The mind of man rests on a delicate balance between reality, the world of light, and the other darker world below the threshold of consciousness… and it is from this world of darkness which comes the evil destructive forces in man’s nature.”

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

mterek Posted:

Find the original source for the following quote. Contest length is 1 week, with possible extensions. If I can verify it’s the original source, you’ll get 15 BP, with a possible extra 15 BP bonus. If I can’t verify the source, you get nothing. If no one finds the source in a week, or if I find it first, I award the BP to myself.

toxx

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

If you buy Living Colour’s album Collideoscope, it’ll probably say in the credits, as a part of that quote is used in “A ? of When”. Log in to see images!

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Ricket Posted:

If you buy Living Colour’s album Collideoscope, it’ll probably say in the credits, as a part of that quote is used in “A ? of When”. Log in to see images!

Also in the track Flow from the album of the same name, released by Norwegian power metal/progressive metal band, Conception.

Enter Name H-
ere

Avatar: 244478 2013-08-01 23:14:36 -0400

[So Fresh and So Cl-
ean
]

Level 69 Hacker

Ask me about why I hate fabulous persons

”The mind of man rests on a delicate balance between reality, the world of light, and the other darker world below the threshold of consciousness… and it is from this world of darkness which comes the evil destructive forces in man’s nature.”

It sounds like it might be the original Twilight Zone series. It was in black and white and the narrative sounds familiar.

My best answer would be its from the early 50’s/60’s possible in any of these 3 films.

~“Tales of the Darkside”

~“Twilight Zone”

~“The Tingler”

Also, the line appears in a song in the video game DeathSmiles.

It also appears in the song Reach Out by a Norwegian power metal band called Conception, on their 1997 album Flow.

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

There is no known source for this quote on the internet. This is a very old question. I agree that it sounds a bit like the narrator from the twilight zone, but I’ve never heard it in any episodes or anywhere but techno remixes. I predict that nobody can win this contest.

Johnald The -
Robot

Avatar: 211354 2011-08-21 16:08:15 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Permanoob

JUST ANOTHER BRAINFREEZE REJECT

YOUR MOM SAID IT LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS ****ING HER MTEREK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****

Johnald The Robot was banned for this post by Nicco

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

Johnald The Robot Posted:

YOUR MOM SAID IT LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS ****ING HER MTEREK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****

Seems like he won :/

I guess now that we know, we can leave all speculation about Tales from the Dark Side and Twilight Zone.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

My grandma. She was really smart.

EggLord

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

it originates from the game billy vs snakeman

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Ricket Posted:

Ricket Posted:

Also in the track Flow from the album of the same name, released by Norwegian power metal/progressive metal band, Conception.

I’ve confirmed the quote is older than its appearence on the tracks of those bands.

Enter Name Here Posted:

My best answer would be its from the early 50’s/60’s possible in any of these 3 films.

~“Tales of the Darkside”

~“Twilight Zone”

~“The Tingler”

My initial impression was it was from The Twilight Zone, but I’ll need something more specific before I can investigate it further. The whole series is on YouTube, so if you’ve got a lead and can prove what episode it’s from, that makes my job easier.

Enter Name Here Posted:

Also, the line appears in a song in the video game DeathSmiles.

It also appears in the song Reach Out by a Norwegian power metal band called Conception, on their 1997 album Flow.

Not the source in both instances.

Enter Name H-
ere

Avatar: 244478 2013-08-01 23:14:36 -0400

[So Fresh and So Cl-
ean
]

Level 69 Hacker

Ask me about why I hate fabulous persons

What I believe you are looking for is the 1963 Sci-fi/Horror Video “The Outer Limits” in which Martin Landau portrays a time-traveller desperately trying to stop the birth of an inventor whose bacterium turns humans into mutants.

Link to the video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upixi7mM9hE

That is the best I can do for you, hope I get the BP I am 42 BP away from Episode 2 and 3.

Enter Name Here edited this message on 12/01/2010 1:07PM

EggLord

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

its totally not in that

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Two week extension.

wounded_god

[Empty INCIT]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Never mind. It’s in a couple of songs apparently so that’s not it.

wounded_god edited this message on 12/09/2010 4:16PM

HonkHawl

Avatar: 244435 2010-11-18 14:51:58 -0500

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 40 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I dunno. Sounds kinda Lovecraftian. I dunno why. Not something from the Mythos, but one of the others where the protagonist goes loco, and it doesn’t involve some galactic horror.

TheHeadshott-
er666DEVIL

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Why would I give you the information instead of using it to get a Custom Kaiju?

msg

Avatar: 157703 2011-07-31 00:32:33 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Mondo Keyhole? 1966 movie

soxfan60

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

yup its mondo keyhole

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!