Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Congrats this is now about LOST

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

So tell me, how many scoops do you think a shield saves on average, if any?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Who gives a **** about domination.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

**** off you ****ing loser.

Your mothers and egg beater.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

how many farts lead to a poop, if any?

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

on average i mean.

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

Call Me Diego Posted:

Your mothers and egg beater.

i like this guy.

also on topic

3 and a half.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Where Oh Where Posted:

Who gives a **** about domination.

This. But it’s anywhere from 1-10 depending on the card used against you. I’m too lazy to figure out an “average”, but if you really want and average, take the total number of scoops destroyed by one of each card and divide it by the number of cards.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

if you really want and average, take the total number of ________________ and divide it by the number of ______________

lol grade school math

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

This. But it’s anywhere from 1-10 depending on the card used against you. I’m too lazy to figure out an “average”, but if you really want and average, take the total number of scoops destroyed by one of each card and divide it by the number of cards.

Except who leads with bumhole? Shields stop a single scoop from being destroyed, occasionally two from shotgun and four if they use stray bullet while you still have shields. If I were to give this a hard number, 1.4 scoops per shield actually shielded. This is of no actual importance, even if you play dom. The presence of shields alters game play in several fundamental ways, depending on factors like your current strategy, the strategy of the person using cards against you, others I’m too high to list right now.

Maybe I should play dom more. Seems like people don’t give it much thought, I should be able to win bunches. Then again, I’d have to start playing this game again and I just stopped like a week ago. For some reason it would feel like falling off the wagon. Not sure I want to go there.

tl;dr stoned ramblings

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Count_Smurf Posted:

Except who leads with bumhole? Shields stop a single scoop from being destroyed, occasionally two from shotgun and four if they use stray bullet while you still have shields. If I were to give this a hard number, 1.4 scoops per shield actually shielded. This is of no actual importance, even if you play dom. The presence of shields alters game play in several fundamental ways, depending on factors like your current strategy, the strategy of the person using cards against you, others I’m too high to list right now.

Maybe I should play dom more. Seems like people don’t give it much thought, I should be able to win bunches. Then again, I’d have to start playing this game again and I just stopped like a week ago. For some reason it would feel like falling off the wagon. Not sure I want to go there.

tl;dr stoned ramblings

Except what people fail to account for is the fact that the card being used against you also cost that player 4 scoops, so even if it just blocks a thief or another single-scoop loss card, it’s still a net of 5 scoops, one that you didn’t lose, and 4 that the other player did.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Shii Posted:

Except what people fail to account for is the fact that the card being used against you also cost that player 4 scoops, so even if it just blocks a thief or another single-scoop loss card, it’s still a net of 5 scoops, one that you didn’t lose, and 4 that the other player did.

look at you being back and not making a fuss out of it

AUNTIE-LUNG

Avatar: 70672 Fri Nov 07 09:28:28 -0500 2008

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 59 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Shii Posted:

-4 : cost of shield

+1 : scoop saved

+4 : scoops used by opponent

+1 : net gain/save

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Exactly 12 minutes before deciding this wasn’t going to do the trick. Log in to see images!

The other was tasteless. Log in to see images!

The only cards that are mathematically sound are the bumhole and the Stray Bullet, and they are best used when you are supporting someone else. Numbers don’t matter, it is simply whether your shields outlast the destruction at the right time. The right time is the end of the round in an active bracket when it is too late to change your plans. At that time is it safe to bumume every Shield is saving you 6 scoops.

The theory that they save one scoop is flawed. If you had no Shields attackers would not use a plinking card they would use an bumhole. People plink until the Shields are gone and then bumhole, so it’s only common sense to bumume that if there are no Shields, bumholes will be used. If an bumhole hits you lose 10 scoops, if a Shield is purchased you lose 4. And none of it matters if you don’t end up with enough scoops to be on top in the end.

I miss LOST even though the ending wasn’t terribly satisfying.

Cool Bob

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

scully Posted:

I miss LOST even though the ending was completely satisfying.

me too scully. me too.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

scully Posted:

Best television show ever.

The ending WAS terribly satisfying, however, as this is the best show ever, any ending would be lacking something, and that something would be the comfort in knowing there was more to be had.

The epilogue was bittersweet.

bobdisgea

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

the reason i loved the end of lost so much is that they let me think about it. I got to interpret things how i wanted. Ive always known walt had powers. Did i care about why? not as much. Did i care why the bird yelled Hurley’s name? nope. did i enjoy finding out about why? sure.

Soon after lost ended i watched the anime code Gebum. decent show but towards the end they had to take an episode just to sit you down and explain all the mind**** stuff in the show. i liked trying to interpret it but nope. the creators wanted to hold my hand. It made me hate the show.

EDIT- whoever changed the title i love you.

bobdisgea edited this message on 11/17/2010 4:33PM

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

I can’t wait until it’s been about a year or two and I will sit down and rewatch LOST start to finish. I had planned on doing so immediately after it ended but I think I want to let it get stale in my mind for a while. Rewatching season 1 with the ending known will be a real treat I’m sure.

bobdisgea

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

In Spite Of Posted:

I can’t wait until it’s been about a year or two and I will sit down and rewatch LOST start to finish. I had planned on doing so immediately after it ended but I think I want to let it get stale in my mind for a while. Rewatching season 1 with the ending known will be a real treat I’m sure.

i rewatched it all in the weeks before the 6th season started(hell i did this with all the seasons i think). i then rewatched season 6 immediatly after it ended.

but im pretty much waiting a year(or whenever i have a friend who wants to marathon it) to watch it all again.

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

scully Posted:

Exactly 12 minutes before deciding this wasn’t going to do the trick. Log in to see images!

The other was tasteless. Log in to see images!

The only cards that are mathematically sound are the bumhole and the Stray Bullet, and they are best used when you are supporting someone else. Numbers don’t matter, it is simply whether your shields outlast the destruction at the right time. The right time is the end of the round in an active bracket when it is too late to change your plans. At that time is it safe to bumume every Shield is saving you 6 scoops.

The theory that they save one scoop is flawed. If you had no Shields attackers would not use a plinking card they would use an bumhole. People plink until the Shields are gone and then bumhole, so it’s only common sense to bumume that if there are no Shields, bumholes will be used. If an bumhole hits you lose 10 scoops, if a Shield is purchased you lose 4. And none of it matters if you don’t end up with enough scoops to be on top in the end.

Just saying that if you lead with bumhole, you deserve to lose, but that was where I started with my last post. Only a little nicer, because I don’t want people to hate me.

Also: I have never seen a single episode of Lost.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Whichever mod changed the title of this thread just confused the crap out of me. First I checvked to see if I was in a klan forum, then to see if I was on bumtro instead of spacey.

I think I owe this mind**** to catt – first time I’ve had to use my brain today… and work’s almost done.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!