Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Dom The Stray Bullet: An In-Depth Look

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

The Stray Bullet: This card discards a random Domination card from the opponent of your choice.

This card is often overlooked and undervalued, in my opinion. I find myself always with the same sets of card in the same order. If there is a Modest Improvement, I will pick that first. Next, a Shield or a Thief, depending on my choices. bumholes typically come next in my priority. Finally anything else that destroys my opponents cards. Lastly the Peeping Tom, I never find it useful unless I have a ****ton of clannies in the bracket.

What I’ve been realizing lately is that the Stray Bullet is really a lot more useful than I had previously thought. Looking at it from a pure opportunity cost/benefit analysis standpoint you are trading in four of your scoops to essentially destroy four of your opponents scoops. Not only that but you are also getting rid of the potential for your enemy to either gain scoops or destroy some of yours.

I find that the opportune time to use the Stray Bullet is universal. Unleashing it early can alter your opponents’ plans or demoralize him/her completely. Late in the round, especially during the card slinging, it can totally **** up a strategy and prevent someone from medaling.

So what are your opinions and thoughts on this? I am reaching too far; is is too late; should I not expect to be able to have a decent discussion?

fembot_

Avatar: 228325 2010-10-14 02:40:07 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 55 Camwhore

Somehow managed to lower the intelligence level of IDC

nevkick Posted:

should I not expect to be able to have a decent discussion?

this.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

Use SBs to ping your opponents shields versus heavier attack cards.

Or to ensure that you won’t be bumhole’d when you use it in conjunction with the peeping tom against some cheekier opponents.

Brigadier Ge-
neral Jack R-
ipper

Avatar: 222218 2009-12-04 05:07:55 -0500

[Gold Team]

Level 69 Troll

P.O.E

nevkick Posted:

So what are your opinions and thoughts on this?

Far too many variables to take into account.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I love it. One of my favorite dom cards, and boss for neutralizing people with 2178904723 modest improvements.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

swine Posted:

Or to ensure that you won’t be bumhole’d when you use it in conjunction with the peeping tom against some cheekier opponents.

better to use destroyers/thief cards for that, really… bullets are AMAZING for ****ing up someone’s fave flavor strategy and can put a dent in a mins strategy. you just need to have enough of the bullets to take out switches/moddies… and since it’s random, it’s better when you have the numbers on your side. (but that’s pretty much a given with all of dom)

anyway, my card choices depend on what I’m doing that week. if I’m going for medals, I’ll go switch, moddies, shields then bullets, thiefs, bumholes, destroyers. if I’m playing just to be a raging **** and take everyone out, it’s bumholes, bullets, thief, destroyer then moddies and shields. peeps are occasionally helpful, but mostly just for my curiosity… I like knowing what people have left when I’m done throwing strays sometimes.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Hi Nevkick. Welcome back to the game.

MIs to me are almost useless based on typical endgame strategy other than as bait for other people’s strays. I notice that you didn’t mention switcheroos which are by far the most important card if you are trying to win medals.

I would say that all the serious domfabulous persons consider the stray bullet the best card by far as an attacker. Here is a thread from back when it was introduced:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/31682-the-stray-bullet-is-an-awesome-card

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

i immediately noticed the potential of it. Thats why i hit kraigu with like 3 of them last week.

nevkick

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Thanks Malaise, I was subtly wonder if anyone outside of BF would remember me. Yes, I definitely forgot to mention the Switcheroo; no one gets min scoops without one now that INCIT is dead. I’ve tried getting chocolcate scoops, it sucks.

bobdisgea Posted:

i immediately noticed the potential of it. Thats why i hit kraigu with like 3 of them last week.

Thanks for hitting me too!

Billy Batts

Avatar: 242165 2010-09-06 13:46:17 -0400

Level 25 Troll

Now go home and get your ****in' shinebox.

swine Posted:

What? Never mind,I thought you meant something else…

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

nevkick Posted:

Thanks Malaise, I was subtly wonder if anyone outside of BF would remember me. Yes, I definitely forgot to mention the Switcheroo; no one gets min scoops without one now that INCIT is dead. I’ve tried getting chocolcate scoops, it sucks.

hey. you got what 3 medals ?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

nevkick Posted:

Wb nevkick. Although I tend to think that everyone in BF is either Amasius, Cheb, Catt or space.

Too bad fwz is dead now.

nevkick

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Instead of starting a new thread I’ll ask it here: What happened to ET? Is he gone?

nevkick Posted:

Instead of starting a new thread I’ll ask it here: What happened to ET? Is he gone?

Has a job and an Xbox. Doesn’t need us.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

oh, ps:

Mod edit: Shock removed

Melanin-Enhanced Individual was banned for this post by Ricket

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

lol this will probably be here till morning. enjoy. peace fabulous persons

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

nevkick Posted:

Mod edit: Shock removed

DICKFACEPANTS was banned for this post by Ricket

fembot_

Avatar: 228325 2010-10-14 02:40:07 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 55 Camwhore

Somehow managed to lower the intelligence level of IDC

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Lee_Harvey_Oswald Posted:

lol this will probably be here till morning. enjoy. peace fabulous persons

Nope.avi

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!