Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores buildr score?

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

so i go to submit a few things to forumbuildr this week and i see this message at the top of the screen:

“Your buildr score is -1. You have have 6 submissions remaining this week.”

now i know my submissions get a decent amount of down votes, but i do try to come up with things i think are funny. and i’m wondering if other people don’t find me as funny as i find myself, whether i’ll end up with only 1 submission per week eventually or something. i mean, i can understand why the system is there; it’s probably to keep people from making incredibly very special submissions repeatedly which is great, but this net is catching more than just those people. and a lot of people just downvote without really thinking about it or out of spite that their submissions didn’t do well.

correct me if i’ve misunderstood anything here.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

While were on the subject how high does your score have to be to get accepted? Or if it’s just the highest voted ones what’s the ballpark average score?

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

I can’t answer the OP’s questions, so I’ll answer the other ones.

Balloon Posted:

While were on the subject how high does your score have to be to get accepted? Or if it’s just the highest voted ones what’s the ballpark average score?

It’s always the highest voted ones; if I had more time I’d go through and sum up what was gotten in previous forums. General benchmark seems to be if it’s on the first three pages of “Voted By Score”, it’ll get in.

As for average score – really hard to say. Some weeks everyone likes everything; some weeks, people are generally ‘meh’. I’d say that anything with more than 20 votes is going to get in, and sometimes 10-15 will as well.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Sux2BU Posted:

I can’t answer the OP’s questions, so I’ll answer the other ones.

It’s always the highest voted ones; if I had more time I’d go through and sum up what was gotten in previous forums. General benchmark seems to be if it’s on the first three pages of “Voted By Score”, it’ll get in.

As for average score – really hard to say. Some weeks everyone likes everything; some weeks, people are generally ‘meh’. I’d say that anything with more than 20 votes is going to get in, and sometimes 10-15 will as well.

It kind of depends on the forum. In a week like this, nobody’s sure what’s OBVIOUSLY belongs, so they don’t really know how to vote.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Woot! One of my submissions has 30 votes!

Name Votes Up Votes Down Score

*hidden* 30 26 4

Well, it’s the most active of my submissions… Still hasn’t reached that magical +5 number though… Every other submission I have made has always been voted down in 12 or less votes total.

Edit:

Update: I finally got my first chocolate scoop! Sweet!

evilhamster edited this message on 04/07/2008 4:55PM

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

I’m curious about how the hell your buildr score is actually calculated. I didn’t have anything accepted into HowStuffBreaks, but my score went up by 2. On weeks where I had 2-3 things make it in, my score went down.

Does it just total your up and downvotes, or something like that?

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Snott Posted:

I’m curious about how the hell your buildr score is actually calculated. I didn’t have anything accepted into HowStuffBreaks, but my score went up by 2. On weeks where I had 2-3 things make it in, my score went down.

Does it just total your up and downvotes, or something like that?

i’d be curious to know too, mine went down 1 point (to -2) but one of my submissions was accepted. i’m confused.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I don’t know the exact formula, but I believe it totals the votes for all submissions you made that week, figures out the average total for all players, and then subtracts a score if your total is a certain number below the average score, or adds if your total is a certain number above the average score.

So, yes, you can have something accepted in and still go down if you had lots of other items that were sent to -5. Likewise, you can have nothing accepted and still go up if you submitted lots of good-but-not-good-enough items, or had say the second-highest forum idea.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

buildr score is adjusted based on an average. everyones final total scores are averaged out, and if your subs placed you in the bottom percentile, you get a -1, people around average get 0, people above average get +1, people way above average get +2.

the only spading i have on this is that there was a low, single digit, average one round, and i had someone with a -14. the got a -1. so its safe to bumume, rule of thumb, that if you are about 20 below the average, you’ll get a -1. if ALL your submissions get -5, and you are using all your submissions, then you can expect to get more -1s till you suck less. even if there is a hard low-end cap (i should test that out,) which ET says there is, there is definitely a soft cap at two entries, which will never net you more than -10.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!