Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sticky How to get sober...

ok

I’ve been drunk, you’ve been drunk… how do we sober up when we gotta?

I find coffee and spicy food (especially something with eggs) to be best. What works for you?

Frank Drebin

Avatar: 223877 2009-12-30 13:22:00 -0500

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Bacchus Posted:

ok

I’ve been drunk, you’ve been drunk… how do we sober up when we gotta?

I find coffee and spicy food (especially something with eggs) to be best. What works for you?

What have you been drinking? Please don’t say furniture polish…

Frank Drebin Posted:

What have you been drinking? Please don’t say furniture polish…

Might as well be. Four Loko and Natty Ice. I be’s poor. Log in to see images!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Milk and water. Works for me.

Nicco Posted:

Milk and water. Works for me.

hmm. Yeah water all along the way is a good idea. I can see how milk would settle the tummy.

i’ll keep thgat im mind.

Mr Cotton

Level 22 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Sounds like you have a nice buzz going. Maybe you should have a few more beers to calm down then just go to sleep when you start feeling tired.

Mr Cotton edited this message on 10/28/2010 7:31AM

Mr Cotton Posted:

Sounds like you have a nice buzz going. Maybe you should have a few more beers to calm down then just go to sleep when you start feeling tired.

Sounds like you need a comment I cannot give without being banned on CD side of the board. Log in to see images!

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

fatty breakfast and oj oh no wait thats to not get hungover. nevermind

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

fatty breakfast and oj oh no wait thats to not get hungover. nevermind

No no, don’t put yourself down. You’re on the right track.

Just focus more on sobering while drunk, not the next day.

wafflebot

Avatar: 214612 2009-10-29 20:01:24 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

eat something doughy like bread or a bagel or pizza

wafflebot Posted:

eat something doughy like bread or a bagel or pizza

I don’t want to hear about pizza. You shut the **** up about pizza.

wafflebot

Avatar: 214612 2009-10-29 20:01:24 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Bacchus Posted:

I don’t want to hear about pizza. You shut the **** up about pizza.

how about focaccia?

wafflebot Posted:

how about focaccia?

Focaccia’s fine. Just don’t talk to me about ****ing pizza.

As for de-drunkening, both are good. You got it right, carbs will put you to sleep and you’ll feel better in the morning for it.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

not only that it’ll be like a sponge and soak up all the alcohol and help your body metabolize it faster. just don’t go to sleep on your back. side sleeping ftw

wtfmcnuggets Posted:

not only that it’ll be like a sponge and soak up all the alcohol and help your body metabolize it faster. just don’t go to sleep on your back. side sleeping ftw

I’ve heard that many times, but never seen it successful in action. Carbs make your bowels work and put you to sleep, so they’re great for letting you know when you’ve had too much because you’ll go right the **** to sleep… but they don’t change how drunk you are. Arguably they help the hangover.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

Bacchus Posted:

I’ve heard that many times, but never seen it successful in action. Carbs make your bowels work and put you to sleep, so they’re great for letting you know when you’ve had too much because you’ll go right the **** to sleep… but they don’t change how drunk you are. Arguably they help the hangover.

well backus, if you soak the alcohol in a bolus of food, it prevents it from pbuming into the intestines, where absorption occurs. this is why drinking on an empty stomach gets you drunker, because the alcohol spends no time in your stomach being churned around, it simply pbumes thru to your intestines, where absorption occurs rapidly and the alcohol hits your bloodstream all at the same time.

perhaps you are correct that it won’t help in this matter if it’s been quite a while since your last drink, but the bread sponge trick will definitely help to sober you, if, for example, you’ve been drinking and suddenly need to leave a party. it will at least slow down the alcohol already in your stomach and prevent it from intoxicating you further.

wtfmcnuggets Posted:

well backus, it will at least slow down the alcohol already in your stomach and preventSlow down it from intoxicating you further.

Yeah, I’m with you there.

I have neglected to post the staple of any self preserving drunk: Fish.

Especially salmon, but any fish is EXTREMELY good for the modern drunk. They contain the vitamins and minerals that your liver uses to process the alcohol.

fembot_

Avatar: 228325 2010-10-14 02:40:07 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 55 Camwhore

Somehow managed to lower the intelligence level of IDC

Burn toast and eat it. Burn it really bad. You want carbon, and that’s all toasted bread is past a certain point. And some juice for electrolytes won’t hurt either.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

I have found that the best way to sober up is to wait until I am not as drunk anymore. It seems this is a foreign concept to a lot of people who want food to somehow replace the pbumage of time as a dimension. I guess that is inevitable though when you are the type of person whose favorite drunken activity is to try to stop being drunk. And/or someone who has a time lock on their liquor cabinet that will only open when you have a presentation to make at your job in three hours.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!