Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Thief and Destroyer

Vhailor

[I BROKE YOUR ****TY RAID]

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

So I’ve noticed that Thief is strictly better than Destroyer, and if you get to choose between the two, you should always pick Thief. Is this a deliberate design decision, or plain indifference toward the relative power of Domination Cards, or am I missing something?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Generally, it is better…but sometimes you DON’T want extra scoops, because pulling into the lead means you can be easily bumhole’d. So Destroyer does have it’s use, but always pick Thief, given the choice.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Yes, there are rare strategical reasons to choose a Destroyer over a Thief. But not enough for it to be justified. Now, if the Destroyer was anonymous… now we have an interesting tactic.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I hate when I get a selection with only picks of bumhole, destroyer, peeping tom, and switcheroo. (at least when I don’t need switcheroos.)

Claus

[Brainfreeze]

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Velveteen Posted:

I hate when I get a selection with only picks of bumhole, destroyer, peeping tom, and switcheroo. (at least when I don’t need switcheroos.)

I think I’d agree about the uselessness of those 4 cards.. but some people really like the peeping tom. I don’t get it. Why waste 4 scoops on seeing someone’s goodies when you could AT LEAST take one away (destroyer).

I’m sure as time goes on we’ll see better cards made and worse one’s removed (at least one can only hope!)

Claus

[Brainfreeze]

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Oh.. and my point relevant to this discussion? Thief yes, Destroyer no. But given those other “useless” cards Velveteen mentioned, I’d take Destroyer. Log in to see images!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

It depends on who’s in your bracket. If there’s a guy with 30 cards who looks like he’s gearing up to take some trophies, a Peeping Tom might be a good idea. If he’s only got like 5 shields, you can go to town on his bum. If he’s got 25, you might want to propose a strategic alliance instead.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Peeping Tom and Destroyer are currently pretty useless.

Destroyer has the worst cost/benefit ratio of the scoop affecting cards- 4 scoops to nuke 1 of someone else.

In comparison thief gives a net benefit of 2- +1 for you in your choice and -1 for your competitor and of course modest improvement allows you to make late min scoop runs.

Peeping Tom offers virtual no benefit in comparison to it’s costs and seems mainly used to annoy other players rather than offering any real tactical benefit.

If CZ wanted to upgrade the utility of Destroyer I’d suggest having it nuke 2 scoops of the players choice and ignore the effect of shields. That way you can effectively use it to punch through the defenses of someone doing a min scoop shield combo.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Yeah, and who needs Shotguns to be worth anything anyways?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Sancdar Posted:

Yeah, and who needs Shotguns to be worth anything anyways?

Just because one gets upgraded doesn’t mean another can’t be upgraded or changed…

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Power level creep isn’t cool. If there was a card that removed 1 random scoop and went through shields, or a card that killed 2 shields and did nothing else, I wouldn’t mind that much – if you build up a stockpile, they still can’t do major damage without spending a bunch of cards.

Your idea basically just rapes anyone trying to get minscoops who doesn’t do some ridiculous leap in the last five seconds for scoops.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Vuron Posted:

Peeping Tom and Destroyer are currently pretty useless.

Destroyer has the worst cost/benefit ratio of the scoop affecting cards- 4 scoops to nuke 1 of someone else.

In comparison thief gives a net benefit of 2- +1 for you in your choice and -1 for your competitor and of course modest improvement allows you to make late min scoop runs.

Peeping Tom offers virtual no benefit in comparison to it’s costs and seems mainly used to annoy other players rather than offering any real tactical benefit.

If CZ wanted to upgrade the utility of Destroyer I’d suggest having it nuke 2 scoops of the players choice and ignore the effect of shields. That way you can effectively use it to punch through the defenses of someone doing a min scoop shield combo.

Peeping tom actually has a use now; specifically, seeing how many shields someone has.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!