Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion Change is a beautiful thing

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

man-man Posted:

Wouldn’t hold out too much hope of that one; if I’m right, we eventually cease to exist and then there’s no ‘you’ for anything to be revealed to. Kind of a bummer, but in some senses better than most descriptions of heaven that I’ve heard.

Maybe (shockingly) this is heaven,the gift of life? And we have to enjoy it while we can. It’s just that society dictates we have to work for “money” So instead of working for food,clothes and shelter. We’re working to pay off global political games. I digress. idk,maybe I’m asking for too much…

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Got nothing against life, life is awesome, definitely better than the alternative.

Normally by “heaven” people mean something post-death, but if you want to define it differently then carry on… a definition based on the here ‘n now might at least refer to something real rather than an ill-conceived fantasy.

AIDS woman's genitals

Level 69 Troll

man-man Posted:

Got nothing against life, life is awesome, definitely better than the alternative.

Normally by “heaven” people mean something post-death, but if you want to define it differently then carry on… a definition based on the here ‘n now might at least refer to something real rather than an ill-conceived fantasy.

No,me neither! When I’m not wasting it here I thoroughly enjoy it.

man-man Posted:

Wouldn’t hold out too much hope of that one; if I’m right, we eventually cease to exist and then there’s no ‘you’ for anything to be revealed to. Kind of a bummer, but in some senses better than most descriptions of heaven that I’ve heard.

But if after we cease to exist in this mortal coil,and there is nothing. Surely that makes this heaven and the eternal emptiness can then be referred to as hell?

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Well you could define life=heaven and death=hell, but it’d be sort of a redundant addition to what we already mean by life and death. There doesn’t have to be a heaven/hell that really exists, the words can just refer to the ideas as normally expressed (and it’s probably clearer and easier to stick to those older definitions).

Besides that, non-existence wouldn’t really be hell because it wouldn’t be bad. Or good. Or anything. You’d have no experience of anything – no pain, no suffering, no mental anguish at the existential dilemma of the human condition. Also no pleasure or joy or … anything.

Life, for all it’s wonderful attributes, I wouldn’t precisely call heaven either. After all, it does also include the potential for a lot of unpleasant experiences (ones that I’m thankfully, for the most part, spared from living through)

AIDS woman's genitals

Level 69 Troll

man-man Posted:

Well you could define life=heaven and death=hell, but it’d be sort of a redundant addition to what we already mean by life and death. There doesn’t have to be a heaven/hell that really exists, the words can just refer to the ideas as normally expressed (and it’s probably clearer and easier to stick to those older definitions).

Besides that, non-existence wouldn’t really be hell because it wouldn’t be bad. Or good. Or anything. You’d have no experience of anything – no pain, no suffering, no mental anguish at the existential dilemma of the human condition. Also no pleasure or joy or … anything.

Life, for all it’s wonderful attributes, I wouldn’t precisely call heaven either. After all, it does also include the potential for a lot of unpleasant experiences (ones that I’m thankfully, for the most part, spared from living through)

Yes, life has been contorted,confused and controlled into some artificial state of being,making us all slaves from the moment we’re born. But I’m sure we could work out a better way of running our societies? We must be more evolved by now!

But compared to an absolute “nothingness” you could argue that it is a heaven in a sense. In a sense where we have senses and can experience things. Maybe that is what life is about. Being able to experience everything you can before (inevitably) you die…

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

AIDS woman's genitals Posted:

Maybe that is what life is about.

Life’s about nothing, I’m afraid.

AIDS woman's genitals

Level 69 Troll

Aldo_Anything Posted:

lolwut. Come on Aldo,I would expect more from you. Or is this some sort of nihilist view of life?

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I think the best thing is this thread was

Jesus Posted:

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Don’t fear that. Enjoy it. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!