Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Wow...This Week is...Awkward.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I don’t know what to say about this week (HowStuffBreaks), even though it’s only the first few hours since release. I’m seeing a lot of lackluster entries at the top, and some really great entries at the bottom.

I actually like the forum idea, but I don’t think this one is going to work out well.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i vote that it gets published as a level 1 or 0 high thread count forum. (something for re-res to grind from 4 to 6: which is the longest grinding period for re-res since they can only do jojos)

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Lots of folks seem to operate under the bumumption that all forums use the same set of words or language that Anonymous does- and that all forums have white supremacists. It’s sad, really…

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

How do they determine the difficulty level for forumbuilder forums?

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

The forum is HOW stuff breaks. Putting the word break into every title…I’m disappointed.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well to be fair, theres not a lot to work with this week.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

I don’t know what I’m more disappointed about…the fact that I have some pretty good submissions with 0-1 votes this week, or the fact that they’re still doing WELL. Log in to see images!

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

The words break or broken are in 98% of the submissions. Wow. FORUMWARZ IS SMRT POEPLE.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

You know, I always wondered why more sites didn’t have user-created content.

Kind of obvious after these last couple forums. The majority of people don’t know funny, and aren’t creative.

Ricket edited this message on 04/07/2008 2:42AM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

I think some of us (myself included) are just running out of good ideas and tired of seeing the same **** every week. I just submit one or two ideas a week now out of habit and never use up all my submissions anymore.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I agree, and I just started submittting things.

It’s not so much that some of my submissions are doing poorly(although one is doing very well), I can accept that my stuff may suck. But some of the stuff that’s doing well objectively blows.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I was actually wondering if anybody felt the same way- I really don’t ‘get’ this week’s idea, I guess. I’m just not sure there’s enough material there for a forum, though I guess we’ll see as **** unfolds.

Then again, I actually thought Wiccapedia turned out pretty well, for the most part.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

exactly why i say:

Velveteen Posted:

i vote that it gets published as a level 1 or 0 high thread count forum. (something for re-res to grind from 4 to 6: which is the longest grinding period for re-res since they can only do jojos)

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

You know, while it’s not the greatest idea ever, it’s really not that bad, folks. If you compare any of the user generated forums with the official ones in Episode 1, I think you’ll find that they’re generally just as good if not better. User generated content may not be perfect, but nothing else is, either.

Except for the Mona Lisa with a Hitler mustache drawn on, obviously, which is perfection personified.

Now go up vote my submissions, dammit!

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

I was actually wondering if anybody felt the same way- I really don’t ‘get’ this week’s idea, I guess. I’m just not sure there’s enough material there for a forum, though I guess we’ll see as **** unfolds.

Then again, I actually thought Wiccapedia turned out pretty well, for the most part.

It’s a parody of howstuffworks.com – I’m not sure how much there is to get beyond that.

I think the problem is this: Most of the rest of the forums are actually parodies of people, not forums. A subset of the population with a set of traits is picked, and those traits are magnified and distorted. A forum is then picked that may be a parody of a real life forum frequented by said people and named accordingly.

This is simply a parody of a forum. There isn’t a real clear definition of who would hang out at howstuffworks.com, and even if there was, those people definately would not hang out at howstuffbreaks.com – so we’re left wondering who would actually frequent howstuffbreaks.com and how to pigeonhole and distort them.

Possibly the willItBlend.com people?

Wishlist

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

To be quite honest, I didn’t think the idea was pure gold when I thought of it. I am quite surprised it did as well as it did.

I have absolutely no problem with this forum being set at a difficulty for Re-Res to grind at.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

DonSlice Posted:

To be quite honest, I didn’t think the idea was pure gold when I thought of it. I am quite surprised it did as well as it did.

I have absolutely no problem with this forum being set at a difficulty for Re-Res to grind at.

I still like the idea, it’s just a…difficult one. Albeit, some of my submissions have actually turned around and are getting out of the negatives, so there might be hope yet. Log in to see images!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Maybe we need a minimum vote # on all entries. Say 25-30. It would still only be around a day or so if it sucks but it prevents the first rush of downvoting from sinking most of the entries before they are seen.

Carolina_Cut-
ie

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

I Got Screwed By PooDiddy And LOVED it!

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

My feelings exactly. I was ****ing about it in my Klan forum earlier today. This week’s Forumbuildr topic has made me re-examine my voting on forum ideas, to say the least.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Maybe we need a minimum vote # on all entries. Say 25-30. It would still only be around a day or so if it sucks but it prevents the first rush of downvoting from sinking most of the entries before they are seen.

I don’t think it’s malicious down voting — people just don’t seem to care anymore. Take a look at any of the topics and you’ll see the same people every week getting their ideas accepted. There is like five people who really work at it every week (using the same jokes/ideas/themes over and over) and the rest of us just get lucky.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!