Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Brownie point for ads suggestion.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

This has been brought up before, but in an other form.

My suggestion is brownie points for ads, the previous topic was about an external company but i think this could be done internally.

So a place is needed, I’m not sure where it can be placed but I’m sure people have ideas. So the ad would be like a half banner (234 x 60 pixel) or whatever and the member could then buy a spot for either something they want to promote(with click-able link) or just something random like:

It could be something with a set cost like 1bp for 30 second in the “loop” for 24h. The loop would be all the ads submitted for the following 24hs. Or you could use dynamic bp cost so that you can choose like 5bp for 2m30 secs in the loop or for a longer time period, 30 secs in the loop for 5 days. Ofcourse this is just a estimate of cost, FW is a big traffic site so promotional ads maybe should cost more.

So this is my suggestion, what do you guys think, and what’s good & bad about it? Does it even sound like a good way to spend BP?

Edit: I have ads blocked with BPs so would be cool to choose if you want to see the user submitted ads.

Echuu edited this message on 04/06/2008 8:59AM

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

Wow that’s a real good idea, I would totally do it!Log in to see images!

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

well this guy sold pixel space on his page $1=1 pixel

but for FW it could be like 1BP = 1 banner sized img

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/buy.php

but yea great idea =D

Zeph

[GAK-dan]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’m intrigued. Would playing “Never Gonna Give You Up” be allowed?Log in to see images!

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Zeph Posted:

I’m intrigued. Would playing “Never Gonna Give You Up” be allowed?Log in to see images!

Hey, that’s the first thing I thought of too. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

An idea I just had (although not one that warrants its own thread) is brownie points to rename a klan. Something like 10 brownie points. I like the original idea, btw, definitely worth it if it doesn’t interfere with advertising.

Arktor edited this message on 04/06/2008 11:51PM

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Zeph Posted:

Haha that would be fun.

oDrew

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Perhaps there could be different price ranges: for example, an animated banner would cost more than a non-animated one, and so on.

You could also allow people to purchase “top billing” and automatically bump their ad/banner to the most notable location. Sort of a “Premium Membership” sort of thing.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

We definitely have an idea of letting users promote themselves or their sites all over Forumwarz. We felt it’s a bit early given our user base, but it’s still a cool idea.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

We definitely have an idea of letting users promote themselves or their sites all over Forumwarz. We felt it’s a bit early given our user base, but it’s still a cool idea.

Yeah it could be, but keep it in mind Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I would pay for ads. I think SA and a bunch of other forums have/had that.

I’d buy them and just have pictures of dongs.

anyone familiar with “don’t like male reproductive organ ads? suck it. (start with the tip)”

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Thanks for implementing!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

who the hell bought the lolcat ad. nobody likes lolcats anymore

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Now I feel bad that I bought the “no ads” thing Log in to see images! Would it be annoying to ask if we could turn that off and on?

edit: durrr, I should have read the blog Log in to see images! crayoncakes edited this message on 05/09/2008 10:42PM

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

who the hell bought the lolcat ad. nobody likes lolcats anymore

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Here’s a related suggestion. If an ad mentions someone it should always or nearly always show up when people look at their profile.

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Here’s a related suggestion. If an ad mentions someone it should always or nearly always show up when people look at their profile.

Here’s a related suggestion, kill yourself

-God- edited this message on 05/10/2008 11:46AM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

How about a wall or whatever you’d call it where we can see all the community ads at once? I’d like to see all of them without having to refresh.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!