Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games My friend issues me an ultimatum, challenges and intrigue ensues

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Righto. So, I was chatting to a buddy, telling him he’s an alcoholic and needs to cut his drinking the hell back (even by aussie standards). He got sick to death of me ‘lecturing’ him, told me to go check my gaming archive (currently at a bit over 300 hard-copy games), and count how many games I bought and haven’t even PLAYED yet.

The total was 43. Log in to see images!

So, before I buy any more games, I have been issued a challenge to play a certain amount through 10 of these (and beat at least 2 of them), chosen at random by him, before I buy any more games. The next ‘OMG INSTANT BUY’ (Blazblue Continuum Shift Log in to see images! ) is on October 26th. If I do it, I can lecture him all the hell I want, and he’ll buy me a game of my choice (BLAZBLUEEEEEEEEEE!!!). If I fail, I buy him a carton or two of beer, he downs the lot in a night and I can’t say jack **** about his self-destruction.

The games in question are: Army of Two(PS3), Chaos Legion(PS2), Forbidden Siren 2(PS2), Grandia 2(PC), Tomb Raider(PS1), Makai Kingdom(PS2), Stranglehold(PS3), Silent Hill(PS1), Chronicles of Ridmale reproductive organ(PS3), Mercenaries 2(PS3)

If anybody cares I’ll give a brief review of these as I play through them Log in to see images!

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

SanDyk Posted:

Ahahahaha what the hell is this

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Army of Two was a fun game. Short so should be easy for you to finish but I would suggest getting a friend or random person to play co-op with you.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Bear Posted:

Army of Two was a fun game. Short so should be easy for you to finish but I would suggest getting a friend or random person to play co-op with you.

Yeah, me and said mate played through the first 3 levels, I’m surprised at how not-crappy it turned out to be, really. We’re both idiots so we immediately pimped the **** out of our guns before any actually USEFUL uprgades, and we found the bro-fist/yeah boi/’buddy’ actions pretty damn funny. We spent most of tonight in town doing the air guitar actions at each other at every opportunity Log in to see images!

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Holy male reproductive organs… It’s Switty!

bumonz

Avatar: 209389 2009-10-11 13:06:38 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Silly Puppy

Something_Witty Posted:

Yeah, me and said mate played through the first 3 levels, I’m surprised at how not-crappy it turned out to be, really. We’re both idiots so we immediately pimped the **** out of our guns before any actually USEFUL uprgades, and we found the bro-fist/yeah boi/’buddy’ actions pretty damn funny. We spent most of tonight in town doing the air guitar actions at each other at every opportunity Log in to see images!

Did pretty much the same thing, ****ing off enemies by shooting with them a solid gold weapon.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Oh, idk if anybody cares or not, and frankly I don’t care if they care, but here’s my review of Chaos Legion, in narrative format:

“Oh hey, this seems like Devil May Cry. Kinda appropriate, given it’s by Capcom circa 2003. Heh. Alrighty, prologue was p easy, let’s get into the meat of this.”

“Oh, my ultimate legion broke thanks to Instant Plot Device. Well, that sucks. I imagine I can survive fine without it though”

“WTF WHY DO THESE GODDAMN TURRETS KEEP RESPAWNING AND PREVENTING ME FROM KILLING THE THING CONSTANTLY REMAKING THEM AAAAAAAAAAHHH”

“This boss…is exactly the same as the last stage’s boss…EXCEPT THERE ARE 6 OF THEM AND THEY HAVE BACK-UP WHAT THE **** IS THIS *proceeeds to die 20 times*”

“THIS GAME IS BROKEN AS **** AK;DHLWEHVRWELOGRWEKGRWEKRRJKWE”

“ARGH WHAT THE **** WHY DOES EVERYTHING KILL ME IN TWO HITS GODDAMN **** CRAP ****”

“oh god only my minions can hurt these invisible enemies…..and they kill my minions in one hit….and I have no MP to summon more…..*hurls controller*”

“finally. that one stage took my 3 goddamn hours. just gonna beat the boss then i can get some ****ing sleep at last. *2 hours later* EVERYTHING SUCKS I HATE THE WORLD FFFFFFFFFF”

“Final…..boss….at last….goddamn…..its first 2 forms….dead…..only….this one…to go….”

Boss: ”’sup. *LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS LAZERS MINIONS INSTANT-KILL EXPLOSIONS”

*3 hours later*

“Oh goodie. A 30-second ending. That was interesting. Now to NEVER PLAY THIS GODDAMN GAME AGAIN. I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW DRINK COASTER FOR A WHILE. I NEED ANOTHER BEER.”

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Oh, for the record, given how much I ****ed about it, a different mate said if I didn’t beat Chaos Legion by midnight Saturday, I can only talk in game quotes on Facebook for 2 weeks. If I win, I pick a media instance, be it book, movie, show, etc, and he does the same.

Through much rage, sleep deprivation and frustration, I won.

Got any suggestions? I was thinking Twilight, but he LIKES it. :/

male reproductive organFACEPANTS Posted:

Holy male reproductive organs… It’s Switty!

Hey person! I feel like I should know who you are but I have the memory of a lobotomized goldfish please refresh it for me Log in to see images!

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

siwtty he was called goaste II or somthinnn

also hey Log in to see images!

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

Make him speak in Catch 22. **** his mind up :3

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Chawin Posted:

siwtty he was called goaste II or somthinnn

also hey Log in to see images!

Ohhhhhh, righto, I remember now Log in to see images!

lol what’s been happening man?

Aurum Posted:

Make him speak in Catch 22. **** his mind up :3

That…..I dunno if that really counts, but that is actually a p good idea. I’ma work on this train of thought.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

im curious about army of two so review that when you get to it tia

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

If he’s an alcoholic, I doubt his problem is buying beer and then not drinking it.

Also, Grandia 2 is one of few JRPGs that I really, really like.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

omg switty we should be ps3 buddies Log in to see images!

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

I would beat Mercs 2 and Silent Hill 1 as this would be the fastest solution to fulfill your requirements.

Also because Silent Hill 1 is ****ing amazing. It hasn’t aged well though Log in to see images!

Be sure to look out for the Sonic Youth references throughout.

duca Posted:

blah blah ps3

added or something idk

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

ya I love me some silent hill, though sh2 is the best of the series. Heard 4 was really cool and atmosphereic, tho.

also wb switty Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

also hog get on gchat on weeknds more you bastardddddsdddddd

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Something_Witty Posted:

Got any suggestions? I was thinking Twilight, but he LIKES it. :/

Pick something that a) he hasn’t seen yet, and b) is horrifying.

Does 2girls1cup have any notable dialogue? But I guess he’s had ample opportunity to see that. I’ve managed to avoid it, hence not knowing whether there’s dialogue aside from vomiting noises Log in to see images!

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

when you play makai kingdom make sure you dont get the etna ending your first playtrhough. shes at level 3000 and is nearly impossible to beat your first playthrough unless you knwo what you are doing. also silent hill one is pretty short

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!