Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Dungeons and Dragons

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’ve recently been adding this game to my ever-increasing stable of short-term holiday interests. I actually got into D&D without too much intention of actually getting to play it too much, mostly just to learn it in case I did meet other people who played the game, and because I wanted to become more familiar with a fantasy setting as opposed to my usual realm of sci-fi.

Anyone else here play original nerdy activity?

xXDARK_KNIGH-
TXx

[The Elite]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Another D&Der here. Aside form that, comic books are probaly my opnly nerdy thing. Other than posting on an internet forum for a game about posting on an internet forum.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

honestly, the game is only fun if you have a crew of people to play with, like if you’re in the navy on a boat or some **** where you see the same people every day. I can’t count how many attempted RPG campaigns have turned into scheduling conflicts and eventual abandonment.

I prefer boardgames because you can get it finished in one evening and have a hell of a time.

Harblgarbler

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

I used to enjoy the occasional bit of D&D. I got pretty turned off of it by the generally ****ty player base. Later I would play a system called D20 Continuum, created by my brother and a crew of his close friends. It was fun for a while, but when I moved out of the house, there went the only decent gamers I knew.

Vorkoski

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

HAIL SATIN Posted:

honestly, the game is only fun if you have a crew of people to play with, like if you’re in the navy on a boat or some **** where you see the same people every day. I can’t count how many attempted RPG campaigns have turned into scheduling conflicts and eventual abandonment.

Very true. I’ve tried to start up who know how many campaigns with my friends, but since we go to different universities, it is pretty much impossible to get anything arranged, even on the days we have off.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

My brother likes to DM so we’ve been playing Vampire: The Masquerade. I always loved video game role playing games, but I can definitely see the appeal of being able to do whatever you want at any time you want.

During our first night playing we ran into a bunch of homeless people. They wouldn’t pack down from us, even though they were ****ed drunk. So I did what I had to do, Log in to see images!

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I absolutely love roleplaying games, but it does turn into a scheduling conflict, as was mentioned earlier.

And while I do enjoy D+D, I prefer Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Wraith (Log in to see images!

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

role dise 2 go

xXDARK_KNIGH-
TXx

[The Elite]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Evil Trout Posted:

My brother likes to DM so we’ve been playing Vampire: The Masquerade. I always loved video game role playing games, but I can definitely see the appeal of being able to do whatever you want at any time you want.

During our first night playing we ran into a bunch of homeless people. They wouldn’t pack down from us, even though they were ****ed drunk. So I did what I had to do, Log in to see images!

Psh, neophytes. You were just embracing your nature.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I used to D&D (not to mention VTM, Unknown Armies, In Nomine etc) a fair lot back in my home town, but after moving to Melbourne that’s kind of petered out. Which is shame, because I quite enjoyed all that nerdity. And HAIL SATIN is right, it’s awesome when you have a crew to play it with: when I was still in military boot camp, we used to play almost every night before lights out. Good days.

eponymous_ennui edited this message on 11/04/2007 1:58AM

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I used to play too. Unfortunately the group I played with for about a year or so dissolved and I haven’t played for a couple years now. We were never very serious about the games so lots of crazy stuff would happen in game and it was a blast. Log in to see images!

Lesprit Desc-
alier

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Another RPer checking in. I got disenfranchised with WOTC after all those umpteen splat books and the announcement of 4th ed sealed it. I mainly do White Wolf stuff these days but as most guys said, it’s pretty darn fun if you get a solid crew with ya.

xXDARK_KNIGH-
TXx

[The Elite]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Aren’t WW almost as bad for splat books as wotc, outside of self contained franchises like Scion?

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Splat books are the expanions right? And personally, I love them. The game wouldn’t be nearly as interesting if it was just the core rules, would it? Though I do realise they enjoy the pocket.Log in to see images!

Qualjyn

[Team AWESOME]

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

My brother had the 1991 D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and as a kid I used to read random parts of it Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

We should start a D&D Klan. Any ideas for a name?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

We should start a D&D Klan. Any ideas for a name?

“Check Your Klan Profile For Invites” would be a cool name for the klan. Log in to see images!

Lesprit Desc-
alier

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

xXDARK_KNIGHTXx Posted:

Aren’t WW almost as bad for splat books as wotc, outside of self contained franchises like Scion?

NWoD doesn’t seem to suffer from that plague, but the old one with all that metaplot going on is just as bad. I kinda got disenfranchised right after I saw Races of <insert locale here> and Spell Compendium.

MidnightVoya-
ger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I play D&D when I can. Currently in a Changeling game. I like the new Changeling.

Jellospandex

Level 3 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

I play both D&D and Vampires: The Masquerade. It is sometimes interesting trying to keep the multiple toons separated in my mind, sometimes I will be playing D&D as a Drake, and start talking in my Losambra personality. Really quite interesting.

Jellospandex edited this message on 11/30/2007 5:19PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!