Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho So let me tell you about my son

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

SLAVE-JEWESS Posted:

I try to make an effort to not have him be a serial killer

Lots of hugs and stuff

You know, reading everything you are trying to accomplish with your son, I am reminded of a quote that I learned in High School that I feel is very true:

We are the people that our parents warned us about.

The more that you emphasize a specific behavior, the more mystique that it holds for a child as they grow older, more independant, and more rebellious. This doesn’t mean that it’s a guaranteed behavior mold, but rather that it will lead the child to pay more attention to the forbidden behavior as they grow older, and familiarity tends to breed contentment or attractiveness.

Instead of trying to mold your child’s behavior, you should show your child acceptance of their behaviors, and correct when the child does something dangerous (socially, physically, or mentally). Let your son grow into his own person, let him play, let him find himself. Stop him from throwing the poor kitty (again, correcting dangerous behavior) but let him play with the dolls.

Oh yeah, and you give him lots of hugs but don’t expect him to grow a curiosity and fondness for boobies why????

BlueJaybird

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

In this case, maybe positive reinforcement is better than negative – encourage him to continue stuff you’d want him to do, but ignore stuff you don’t want him to do, etc.

Also, i agree with the above posters about how children have to discover things for themselves, and, if i remember my psychology lessons, your son is at a stage where he’s becoming aware of himself and what makes him different from others, specifically his gender.

As for myself, i didn’t know the full dynamics of sex till i was about 10 or 11, cos we had sex education lessons, but my folks bought me books and i learnt from them, mostly.

Milo

Avatar: 34228 Sun Jul 19 21:54:32 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

mi brets r relli small, dnt thnik i cna get canser in them

vanessa Posted:

http://www.declawing.com/htmls/declawing.htm

Yay, let’s mutilate our family pet because we’re too lazy to teach our children to be gentle with the kitty.

Why the **** would someone do that?

That’s so cruel.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

I disapprove.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

plk Posted:

It’s 2008. It’s pretty normal for girls to play with trucks and boys to play with dolls. That kind of sucks to teach your girl that she’s too prissy for a truck.

I have one boy and one girl. At one point he was playing with her toys and she was playing with his— all the time. I thought it was a little weird, but let it go and they grew out of that phase. Now he’s all like “eww, girl toys”. She still plays with matchbox cars, but they’re kind of neutral. I’m sure if I had interfered and tried to stop it, he would want to just because its not allowed.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Milo Posted:

That’s so cruel.

Because some people are to LAZY to just trim the claws once a week.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Milo Posted:

That’s so cruel.

Goatmancer

[Yiff]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Give your son Ken dolls.

Upside is your son won’t obsess about boobies anymore.

Downside is he’ll like men.

vanessa

Level 10 Troll

Hitler Cat Sez: Get in the Oven!

Milo Posted:

That’s so cruel.

Because they’re self-absorbed, ignorant douchebags and they value their own convenience over the well-being of their pet. Log in to see images!

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

Oh I don’t punish him for the boobies thing.

I am just kinda like “WTF DO I DO IN PUBLIC?!?!?!”

and obviously he was playing with dolls so I don’t try to make him only play with trucks and isolate him from anything remotely fem-y

I try to let him be happy, in doing whatever it is that makes him happy.

When he falls down we have a kiss and a cuddle and then we shake it off (literally he shakes his whole body and giggles) and then we keep playing.

When he does something he knows to be against the rules (IE- unlocking the door and sneaking outside before anyone else wakes up, being one of his favorites) he gets a spanking and a 2 minute time out. Then we talk about it (the best I can make a 2 year old understand those things) and we hug and I always finish with an “I love you”

Since his doing that we have put chain locks on the doors so he can’t get outside early in the AM and I make an effort to spend at least an hour and a half at the park everyday so he doesn’t feel like he needs more outside time.

Probably the “meanest” mommy thing I have done is make him sit at the table with us even though he refused to eat. He wanted to go play (and I imagine thats why he didn’t want to eat) so I make him stay until the whole family finishes supper together.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Well to be honest, it doesn’t seem like a big deal. Half the other kids are saying embarrbuming **** like “daddy has a male reproductive organ and mommy has a woman's genitals and I have one too”, but you’re not hearing it because you’re not around them all the time. He will eventually learn not to say boobies everywhere he goes. If he’s only 2 I doubt you can reason with him and explain that it’s not polite to say boobies in public. But I dunno, try to get him interested in dinosaurs or trains and he’ll probably start pretending he’s a train and forget about saying body part names.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

vanessa Posted:

Because they’re self-absorbed, ignorant douchebags and they value their own convenience over the well-being of their pet. Log in to see images!

evilhamster Posted:

It’s not like, a common thing to happen is it?

Cause I read enough about it to understand it’s like amputating their toes, and its cruel.

If you have children who are likely to taunt a cat til it scratches, maybe they should reconsider having them children and put them in homes.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

Also, to the original poster, in my opinion it seems like you dont want your child playing with barbies incase he grows up to be gay or something. However, if he is walking around and grabbing boobies, and shouting “boobies”, it would seem he is already on the same level as alot of straight boys, and will grow up ..’normal’.

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Shanty Posted:

7?!? What the **** is wrong with you?

Tons of things… [/sarcasm]

I could go on about what all happened in my life (I mean, I even had my first alcoholic drink when I turned 9)... but I won’t, for now.

On-topic: I also played with barbie dolls when I was a kid, but I also played with GI Joes. I had a large family, and two of my cousins (well back then they were my cousins, no more) were brother-sister. They were always fighting over who I should play with, since we all lived in the same house (well as far as my stepmom’s family is concerned). So one day, I’d be playing with barbie dolls, the next day it’d be GI Joe. Of course, that was all before my family moved to Kingman, Arizona by the time I was 6… afterwards, I found my own hobby of legos.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

GRX Dragon Posted:

I even had my first alcoholic drink when I turned 9

Isnt that kinda normal?

I know alot of my cousins were allowed a little bit of alcohol from the age of 9/10. Although it would’ve been a very small bottle of some alcopop. There weren’t drunken kids fallin about everywhere. Honest.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

The alcohol is normal, the sex isn’t.

And your son is fine. The obsession with boobies seems straight enough, if that’s what you’re going for, though I don’t see the problem if he is gay anyways. People don’t even really care about things like that until a later age (puberty) anyways.

gigerth edited this message on 04/07/2008 10:47PM

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Milo Posted:

Isnt that kinda normal?

I know alot of my cousins were allowed a little bit of alcohol from the age of 9/10. Although it would’ve been a very small bottle of some alcopop. There weren’t drunken kids fallin about everywhere. Honest.

Not where I grew up it wasn’t. Log in to see images!

ben-xo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

When I was about 4, I saw Michael Jackson on telly singing like a ****ing woman, which is what he usually does. I was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he was a woman, and proclaimed as such to my parents.

My mother said to me “don’t be silly, he’s not a woman. If he’s a woman, where are his boobies?” – considering that he had his shirt off at the time, this instant retributive denial of my bumertion was ABSOLUTE.

Ever since then, I’ve been sure to look at everyone’s mammary glands first, just to be sure

ben-xo edited this message on 04/09/2008 2:11PM

ben-xo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Milo Posted:

Isnt that kinda normal?

It’s normal round here, too. Parents are supposed to give children a taste of their alcohol at a young age so that they go “yuck” and stay away.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!