Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Serious thread about Inspector Chelmey.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

In other words, ban the people you don’t like, but don’t ban the people you do like.

Sounds like you are scaring the customers away.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The nerd o powa Posted:

Sounds like you are scaring the customers away.

Maybe we should only allow those people that have purchased BP to vote?

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Maybe we should only allow those people that have purchased BP to vote?

You are also being unfair now.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The nerd o powa Posted:

You are also being unfair now.

Hold on a second, I need to review the Moderator Guidelines for this ‘fair’ you speak of.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Hold on a second, I need to review the Moderator Guidelines for this ‘fair’ you speak of.

May I have a look at the guidelines and the proof that they exist?

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Srtop it, nerd. You’re only feeding the troll.

Cid, you’re trolling again. You know damn well there’s a differnce. Then again, maybe you don’t get it. If you really can’t tell when something is harmful to the community, then maybe you don’t need to moderate anymore.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Count_Smurf Posted:

Srtop it, nerd. You’re only feeding the troll.

Cid, you’re trolling again. You know damn well there’s a differnce. Then again, maybe you don’t get it. If you really can’t tell when something is harmful to the community, then maybe you don’t need to moderate anymore.

There’s a shred of truth in that last comment, in specific regards to TNOP.

But I still haven’t seen how Chelmley’s posts (or even Fie & Bandaney’s recent parodies) are harmful to the community. Annoying, yes? But harmful? In all honesty, please, explain how it’s harmful.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

But I still haven’t seen how Chelmley’s posts (or even Fie & Bandaney’s recent parodies) are harmful to the community. Annoying, yes? But harmful? In all honesty, please, explain how it’s harmful.

Just like “better”, “harmfulness” is also a matter of perspective.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

The nerd o powa Posted:

Just like “better”, “harmfulness” is also a matter of perspective.

And most people can offer supporting reasons why they believe something is “better” or “worse”. I’m genuinely curious to hear these supporting reasons.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

And most people can offer supporting reasons why they believe something is “better” or “worse”. I’m genuinely curious to hear these supporting reasons.

The Inspector would be a start because this is what this thread is about!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

The nerd o powa Posted:

The Inspector would be a start because this is what this thread is about!

So offer your reasons as to why the Inspector’s threads/post are not harmful to the community.

And someone else can offer their opposing opinion & supporting reasons.

thew00

Avatar: 51460 2010-11-03 22:07:34 -0400

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

Why they ARE harmful:

1. Spam & Discouragement: It’s just Spam in mbumes, it’s discouraging people from participating in the RP forum & scaring away new people (if there are any).

To back my arguments up, just look at the comments Fran made about Inspector’s posts the other day.

2. Quality vs. Quantity: It’s Hiding more useful and/or good/higher quality threads, which will -in return- have to be dug up again.

3. Annoyance: Constantly seeing new threads opened by the same person with mostly just one line of description is just, well, annoying. I believe that the majority will agree with me on this one.

Even if it’s a RP forum, there should be a line… and i believe that Inspector has crossed it pretty clearly

Edit: Fortunato made a really good point which i forgot to include, posting this just to underline his post:

4. Contribution: We’re a Community, a part of being a Community is to partake in a certain amount of Contribution from and in the Community.

What use are 30 threads created by one User if no one wants go through and read any of them (of which the majority -if not all- are pointless and useless), which is due to the fact that there are just too many threads of one said person and that the quality of the posts is as bad as they can be.

In my eyes Inspector just doesn’t really add anything meaningful and/or useful to the Community and is (to my theory) acting out of self-interest to get Attention (which he certainly did receive).

This can be comparable to a parasite sucking out a perfectly healthy creature, turning it into a mindless zombie. (In which Inspector is the Parasite)

thew00 edited this message on 08/29/2010 12:27AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

here is the fact:

I for one look at the active threads list almost exclusively when I arrive. When it is full of garbage generated by a little dumbbum, I sigh, close the window, and go do something else. When there is a thread by nana or fail or oda or h0g (or any of the other numerous people I like) that has a title that immediately catches my interest, I open it, read it, laugh a lot and work out a way to contribute.

You decide what’s better.

Fortunato edited this message on 08/28/2010 11:55PM

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Count_Smurf Posted:

If you really can’t tell when something is harmful to the community, then maybe you don’t need to moderate anymore.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Fie & Bandaney’s recent parodies

excuse me?

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Count_Smurf Posted:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Count_Smurf Posted:

If you really can’t tell when something is harmful to the community, then maybe you don’t need to moderate anymore.

It’s called an open-ended question, intended to get actual points of discussion. Both thew00 & Fortunato have given good solid reasons to be considered. If you want to register a complaint, then be prepared to provide supporting reasons beyond “I just don’t like it.” That’s more likely to get a valid response.

Bandaney Posted:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Fie & Bandaney’s recent parodies

excuse me?

Was I thinking of someone else? If so, my apologies.

Inspector Ch-
elmey

Avatar: 165179 2010-08-17 18:02:22 -0400

[Unban or Friend Th-
e nerd o powa comm-
ittee
]

Level 63 Troll

87 percent more effective than Mandrax

Fortunato Posted:

here is the fact:

I for one look at the active threads list almost exclusively when I arrive. When it is full of garbage generated by a little dumbbum, I sigh, close the window, and go do something else. When there is a thread by nana or fail or oda or h0g (or any of the other numerous people I like) that has a title that immediately catches my interest, I open it, read it, laugh a lot and work out a way to contribute.

You decide what’s better.

One: IMO most of the non Inspector Chelmey threads suck as much as mine so I never really laughed at RP.

Two: You know you can use CD for your flamebate needs right?

Also, isn’t RP a troll friendly area? And, the community ain’t dying, look, we still have domination players, Itembuildr and Forumbuildr submissions, and more.

Inspector Chelmey edited this message on 08/29/2010 12:26AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I would explain but you wouldn’t understand.

thew00

Avatar: 51460 2010-11-03 22:07:34 -0400

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

Inspector Chelmey Posted:

I never really laughed at RP..

(This is not a Question only concerning Inspector)

Why are you using Forumwarz, or to be more specific: the RP forums at Flamebate?

To get away from reality and have Fun,.. amirite?

If you don’t have Fun at the RP Forum and don’t even find your own posts funny (which they aren’t even remotely), why are you posting there?

By the looks of it, the best you’ve achieved so far is to ruin other people’s fun in the RP forums by spamming them full of garbage and worthless ****.

Finny

Avatar: 57559 2011-07-31 00:11:12 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

BUMPS EVERYWHERE

bumhurt thread

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!