Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Movies Flamebate posting restriction

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I suggest it be required to be level 2 to be able to post in flamebate so people need to put forth a touch of effort before they can troll the game forums.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

What if I like lvl 1?

and may be an alt?

FAIL edited this message on 04/04/2008 2:43AM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Or they can IP mask using a proxy and sign up with another account just to get banned/troll without donating for a second character.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

FAIL Posted:

What if I like lvl 1?

and may be an alt?

Then sir, you would have to use some turns to get to level 2 before you could post. Should be very easy for an alt.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Can I post now Wylin?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Why do we need this feature?

Is low leveler trolling really that big of a problem? Both in size and in in impact.

How much harm does it do, anyway?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I don’t really see any problem yet but eventually I am willing to bet it will be.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Wylin Posted:

I suggest it be required to be level 2 to be able to post in flamebate so people need to put forth a touch of effort before they can troll the game forums.

1) Some level 1s need help getting to level 2. Restricting them from asking questions is just alienating.

2) Level 2 is gotten within the first 10 minutes of playing anyway.

3) Some level 10s don’t know how to troll properly. Character level and player ability are completely unrelated.

What exactly are you trying to prevent by making this suggestion?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

People signing in with new chars and posting thousands of messages saying something like “****” in every thread then leaving. General things like that. I think them having to play 10 minutes would help that in the future when there are thousands of users.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Wylin Posted:

People signing in with new chars and posting thousands of messages saying something like “****” in every thread then leaving. General things like that. I think them having to play 10 minutes would help that in the future when there are thousands of users.

I dunno, as the one who’d probably be cleaning those up, I’m not really worried about it.

What I’d rather have is some sort of checkbox saying “I have read the rules about which forums are okay to troll in” before being allowed to post. That would allow me to be ruthlessly effective.Log in to see images!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

n00b65 Posted:

I dunno, as the one who’d probably be cleaning those up, I’m not really worried about it.

What I’d rather have is some sort of checkbox saying “I have read the rules about which forums are okay to troll in” before being allowed to post. That would allow me to be ruthlessly effective.Log in to see images!

Aw.

I’d really prefer it you sent out a couple of warnings to trolls when they did that kind of thing rather than immediately ban them. (Which is what I think you’re implying in that post. If not, disregard)

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

n00b65 Posted:

I seriously don’t think you’ll be able to keep up as the only mod forever. And, I mean no disrespect to your ability.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Wylin Posted:

I’d suggest we wait until it at least happens once before we throw in restrictions that cut people off from cool areas of the game.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

Aw.

I’d really prefer it you sent out a couple of warnings to trolls when they did that kind of thing rather than immediately ban them. (Which is what I think you’re implying in that post. If not, disregard)

I give warnings currently, under the thought that maybe they didn’t see the rules. Usually they stop and say “Oh I didn’t realize”, and it’s all good. But it’s a bit of work. I’d like to be kinda proactive about that. That’s all.

Wylin Posted:

I seriously don’t think you’ll be able to keep up as the only mod forever.

QFT.

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

Aw.

Yeah, and why would you want to do this? Who cares, lvl 1 trolling is not done a lot.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

There should be some kind of forum where only more advanced people can post. In fact, instead of basing it on level, only those who have beaten the game should be allowed to post.

>.>

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

crayoncakes Posted:

There should be some kind of forum where only more advanced people can post. In fact, instead of basing it on level, only those who have beaten the game should be allowed to post.

>.>

Yeah that’s a good idea, or only lvl 10. And how about that on the clbum forums, only the certain clbum can post?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

How about the exact opposite of what these guys say and just have a newbie help area where only level 1’s can post, and not let them post anywhere else?

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

Wylin Posted:

How about the exact opposite of what these guys say and just have a newbie help area where only level 1’s can post, and not let them post anywhere else?

Or all the ideas?

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

General Romanov Posted:

Yeah that’s a good idea, or only lvl 10. And how about that on the clbum forums, only the certain clbum can post?

Ugh. If trolls couldn’t post in the Emo Kid or Camwhore forums, this game would be so much less fun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!