Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Can we get a list of who can post something potentially controversial?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I just feel like things would go far more smoothly and end up with less time wasted if we could simply have a list of those who can post something that is potentially controversial or argument inducing without having the topic closed.

Is this a special thing where if plk doesn’t happen to think the topic is valid that settles it? I mean I know they are busy, but if there is a new voice of the admins it would be nice to know.

Note: I realize this may be problematic if I don’t happen to be on the “ok to post” list, but it’s a chance I’m willing to take.

One of my on-topic non-trolling post anywhere in Flamebate is actually potentially controversial.

If you really want something that is more controversial than usual I need the following:

1. A guarantee and a promise that i wont be banned for that post

2. Ok i will do it for the lulz

The nerd o powa edited this message on 08/20/2010 9:38PM

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

I would respond to this but I’m not on said list so I think I’d be breaking some rules or something.

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I will gladly post potentially controversial topics in CD. No charge, but I will edit out anything that outright violates the rules.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

i think the women of forumwarz are syncing

megazeroexe Posted:

I would respond to this but I’m not on said list so I think I’d be breaking some rules or something.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i think the women of forumwarz are syncing

and natalie feared this day would never come

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

well i know i can

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

i think i am on this list. hope this helps! Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Odalisque Posted:

i think i am on this list. hope this helps! Log in to see images!

yo! Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

New entry for this list: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/52990-episode-buildr-could-it-possibly-work

Not only is this a stupid idea and been brought up a million ****ing times or something (who cares); its like HOW FEASIBLE IS THIS oh but suddenly I don’t even know what something as simple as coding is. Regardless this was treated completely seriously by no less than two mods while a serious thread like this http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/52821 is not even allowed to remain open because everyone automatically bumumes everything he posts is not serious.

I believe the implications here are obvious.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

especially when the poster of that episode buildr thing sits and ‘trolls’ RP all day by posting like a skyman that cares

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Adapt Posted:

New entry for this list: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/52990-episode-buildr-could-it-possibly-work

Not only is this a stupid idea and been brought up a million ****ing times or something (who cares); its like HOW FEASIBLE IS THIS oh but suddenly I don’t even know what something as simple as coding is. Regardless this was treated completely seriously by no less than two mods while a serious thread like this http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/52821 is not even allowed to remain open because everyone automatically bumumes everything he posts is not serious.

I believe the implications here are obvious.

First one is now closed.

As for m0x’s thread – I didn’t close that because he wasn’t being serious, I closed it because the troll-bait was out of control. There was no way to salvage that thread and keep it civil. And since I did actually think he was serious, it didn’t merit a move to RP.

If you want to say a mod made a ****ty decision, at least make sure you have the reasons for the decision right before criticizing.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Those threads weren’t even the same thing though. One of them mox wants to be serious and one of them that insperaoskdjfa;lskdfja;sdlk dude is trying to be stupid. I am criticizing everyone’s reaction and those two mods decisions to not close that thread sooner, but independently; I am hardly saying they are the same thing. You don’t have to lump everything together like that.

Adapt edited this message on 08/24/2010 5:45PM

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

But good call on closing chelasdlfjkasdlfkjasdl;kfj’s thing.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

I guess you can take him off the list.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Adapt Posted:

Those threads weren’t even the same thing though. One of them mox wants to be serious and one of them that insperaoskdjfa;lskdfja;sdlk dude is trying to be stupid. I am criticizing everyone’s reaction and those two mods decisions to not close that thread sooner, but independently; I am hardly saying they are the same thing. You don’t have to lump everything together like that.

I’m not saying you were lumping. I was addressing your comment that m0x’s thread was closed because no one thought he was being serious. I use paragraphs for a reason. They distinctly separate thoughts and subjects. The last paragraph in my post is (to me, anyway) a pretty logical extension of the second… but just in case it didn’t make sense to someone else… the remark about getting reasons right before criticizing referred to the bumumed reason for closing m0x’s thread.

As for Chelmey’s thread, there was a legit call for an answer. Kinda. EpisodeBuildr has been a running joke for a while and most people know that. Did Chelmey? Probably. But for all the people that didn’t, now it’s answered.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

spacekadt Posted:

EpisodeBuildr has been a running joke for a while and most people know that. Did Chelmey? Probably. But for all the people that didn’t, now it’s answered.

Actually it’s not. Because once it drops off of the active list, there’s no way to find it again. Flamebate search won’t pick it up.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

Actually it’s not. Because once it drops off of the active list, there’s no way to find it again. Flamebate search won’t pick it up.

/me hastily inserts “for” into her above post

Yeah, I know the search won’t pick that thread up now, but the other option was letting it be trolled into oblivion. So for the search feature – EpisodeBuildr (or episode builder or buildr – there, I think I covered the search terms) is a running joke and has about as much chance as becoming reality as I have of winning the lottery. (Note: I don’t play, I’m not likely to win)

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

scully Posted:

I just feel like things would go far more smoothly and end up with less time wasted if we could simply have a list of those who can post something that is potentially controversial or argument inducing without having the topic closed.

Is this a special thing where if plk doesn’t happen to think the topic is valid that settles it? I mean I know they are busy, but if there is a new voice of the admins it would be nice to know.

Note: I realize this may be problematic if I don’t happen to be on the “ok to post” list, but it’s a chance I’m willing to take.

As usual everyone is way off topic in this thread.

Scully the correct answer to your question is this:

You, me, was and a maybe two or three other people I can’t think of right now. There might be a few others but since I won’t read their posts I don’t care.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!