Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Butthurt slippery slope

puss mcquack

Avatar: 138241 2011-07-31 00:43:38 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 25 Hacker

Rangers F.C

aren’t words like “fabulous persong*t,” “retard,” “downy,” and various other words hateful? In the discussion of whether or not a swastika was offensive I ran across the word “fabulous personry.” I’m not gay, but would that be offensive to a gay person? Where does the censorship stop… be careful what kind of precedent you are setting here.

Pseud0Karma

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 48 Camwhore

“Loose as a Goddamn Goose”

It is my opinion that any and every one and thing should be fair game to make fun of or nothing at all. Otherwise, there will always be one group feeling discriminated against.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

I don’t know who either of you are.

Welcome to flamebate.

puss mcquack

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 25 Hacker

Rangers F.C

thank you sir… use to be just an Incit guy, but thought I’d try new things out… this is something I felt need discussing, so I’d did something about it

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

DERP

puss mcquack

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 25 Hacker

Rangers F.C

And I don’t mean to be a whisle blower, by any means, but has anyone seen JB’s thread? I mean for Christ (Buddha, Krishna, Moses, Muhammad/allah, ect. (didn’t want to offend anyone, but this list could get long)) sake, there is some of the most offensive **** in that thread, albeit f’n hilarious. I mean ****, I poked fun at abortion, 9/11, Timothy McVeigh, and John Gacy just in my post… just saying

puss mcquack

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 25 Hacker

Rangers F.C

whistle blower*

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

This debate actually goes back a long time in forumwarz history

The long and short of it is this – While the game is filled with offensive content and rife with vulgarity, profanity, and the like (point being to skewer internet lifestyle) the cold fact is the site is privately owned and the sites owner has a thing about swastikas. His exact response was that he doesn’t like the idea of someone doing some light googling of his name, finding the site, and seeing a swastika.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I wonder who approved Aldos swastika ad.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

being offended is for fabulous persons.

oh i’m sorry, i hope i didn’t offend anyone with that previous statement.

fabulous persons.

­

no, really, people take things too seriously. but that’s because other people out there do too. i mean, i couldn’t care less if someone googled my name and found a swastika, because a little further research could explain it. but since most people are stupid and can’t research more, they’ll just think i’m a nazi.

the thing i really don’t understand is why are swastikas only banned on half of the site. it’s not like grp posts don’t come up on google or anything, and i doubt anyone besides the people who already post here understand anything of what fwz is about and how it “works”, and as i said before, few people do more research after they actually found the swastika (which i still think is a little far-fetched).

Bandaney was banned for this post by Catt although

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Being offended is a basic human right, preserved for us in Civil Discussion by our diligent moderators.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Bandaney Posted:

the thing i really don’t understand is why are swastikas only banned on half of the site.

Shock is only banned on half of the site.

Nudity is only banned on half of the site.

Or, to look at it from the other way:

Almost EVERYTHING is permitted on a full half of this site! That’s teh ForumWarz Difference®™

swine Posted:

This debate actually goes back a long time in forumwarz history

The long and short of it is this – While the game is filled with offensive content and rife with vulgarity, profanity, and the like (point being to skewer internet lifestyle) the cold fact is the site is privately owned and the sites owner has a thing about swastikas. His exact response was that he doesn’t like the idea of someone doing some light googling of his name, finding the site, and seeing a swastika.

Only response through this entire thing that made any sense. Although, since not one mod brought it up I suspect their reasoning is different (read nonexistent). I think everyone can get behind the owner of the site having final say over what may or may not be posted for whatever reason they like, trying to convince us that a news article about a U.S. navy barracks in the shape of a swastika being refitted to alter it’s shape is offensive is kinda silly.

Edit: removed quote of banned post.

Bacchus edited this message on 07/31/2010 12:58PM

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

Bacchus Posted:

Only response through this entire thing that made any sense. Although, since not one mod brought it up I suspect their reasoning is different (read nonexistent).

­Because if they would have just told us, this whole thing wouldn’t have gotten blown out of proportion.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I have to agree that it’s beyond time that an admin stepped in and said what they want.

Unusual Pie

Avatar: 227082 2014-09-25 19:42:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Unusually Cute Pie :D

swine Posted:

His exact response was that he doesn’t like the idea of someone doing some light googling of his name, finding the site, and seeing a swastika.

You’d think he’d care more about swastikas in content created by his company Log in to see images! than user posts on the forum. But hey, not our call.

I do think the banned posters of the swastikas likely didn’t know that what they were posting was forbidden.

Finny

Avatar: 57559 2011-07-31 00:11:12 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

BUMPS EVERYWHERE

how make swastik on keyboard

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

i was actually trying to make a point when i said “fabulous persons”.

i wanted to see if i would get banned just for saying it, even if it wasn’t directed at anyone and just to, you know, introduce to the point i made after it.

so i don’t know, i got a “warning ban”, is that just bluffing, like a fake ban? just a message saying i was banned so people get scared and think “ooooh, i can’t post something like that or i’ll get banned”? or did i really get banned? i don’t know because i went shopping and just came back, but i can’t know if i got a really short ban in that time.

all i’m saying is, get the stick out of your bumes, people. or… not. whatever. idc.

i hope i don’t get banned for saying that, since there’s been so much sensitivity lately. it’s like we’re not allowed to be angry or annoyed and react humanly in cd you know Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Being offended is a basic human right, preserved for us in Civil Discussion by our diligent moderators.

The answer to this might actually surprise you.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Aldo_Anything Posted:

The answer to this might actually surprise you.

it wasn’t a question?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!