Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Animu question about site rules

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

okay i saw a kyoubai thread by banhammer for belgium or something but swastikas got removed from peoples posts in that thread because of something about site rules which i couldnt find on any site rules page. no annoying formatting, no allcaps, no embedded shock, just swastikas, of which i couldnt find anything in rules to pertain to

furthermore theres swastikas all over the kristian kolatition w/e the kkk forum at the beginning of ep1. why is it that we can splatter swastikas all over something every fwz user sees and not a thread in a forum most users dont even check? especially since every user accessing the forum has admitted that he/she ‘is not offended easily’

just need a few clarifications:

if i roleplay a nazi can i post swastikas in arp

when discussing swastikas can i post swastikas in cd

if i accidentally hit the swastika key on my keyboard will i be penalized

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

Peregrine Posted:

’is not offended easily’

This seems to have been lost somewhere…

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Offhand, I’d guess it fell under this, from the FW definition of shock

The most common examples of shock tend to deal with gore, mutilation, death, bodily fluids, and extreme racism and bigotry.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

MC Banhammer, in what context does Swasticka = Racism. In most cultures it’s a symbol of good luck and was used THOUSANDS of years before it was bumociated with Germany and Naziism.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

SanDyk Posted:

MC Banhammer, in what context does Swasticka = Racism. In most cultures it’s a symbol of good luck and was used THOUSANDS of years before it was bumociated with Germany and Naziism.

p. much since the Nazis adopted it as their symbol and it became synonymous with killing millions of people.

You don’t find many Jews saying “Oh look, somebody painted a swastika on our synagogue. They must be wishing us good luck!”

It’s similar imo to the n-word. That wasn’t a racial slur until it was abused.

But, since it’s a free speech issue, it comes down to what the owners of this site wish to allow or disallow. I’m bumuming that they don’t wish to allow that. If they do, okay, if not, okay Log in to see images!

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Peregrine Posted:

furthermore theres swastikas all over the kristian kolatition w/e the kkk forum at the beginning of ep1. why is it that we can splatter swastikas all over something every fwz user sees and not a thread in a forum most users dont even check?

just need a few clarifications:

if i roleplay a nazi can i post swastikas in arp

when discussing swastikas can i post swastikas in cd

if i accidentally hit the swastika key on my keyboard will i be penalized

+

The game forums are not subject to the same rules as CD, and they are technically supposed to be the “enemies” anyway. “Not offended” also does not apply to CD – shock isn’t allowed because it could offend people. That’s why there is a rules section for CD only. You may remember the prank from that Jesus Hitler guy who swastika pranked a bunch of avatars – which were removed.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

It’s a little confusing considering the things that ARE allowed in CD. I mean, I can post this: Log in to see images!

Also I swear there are threads that display ‘extreme racism’ in them a hell of a lot better in CD then a swastika image. It all comes down to context, right? If the person is purposely targeting a user in CD due to their heritage in an obvious non joking fashion I would imagine that user may then be banned. However, this is forumwarz and a place that has Log in to see images! as a emote should probably understand the majority of its users are not instantly scared off.

As Peregrine said, the image is used in a actual forumwarz forum so obviously the image itself is not the problem but rather the context which it is used in. I believe that you most likely got a over zealous mod who decided to interpret the rule differently due to a complaint. That’s usually how these things happen.

Second Edit: Wow, looks like the image is actually edited. Weird would have sworn otherwise only seen it a gazilion times. Ah well.

duca edited this message on 07/30/2010 12:25PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

duca Posted:

camwhore attack has a chick dressed up as a Nazi displaying a swastika right there on her shoulder – how about that?

I don’t think you’re making the point you think you’re making. That attack, by the definition of this game, is a troll. Using it as an argument that it’s NOT trolling doesn’t really make sense.

There’s also nudity in camwhore attacks, but nudity isn’t allowed in CD either.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

MC Banhammer Posted:

I don’t think you’re making the point you think you’re making. That attack, by the definition of this game, is a troll. Using it as an argument that it’s NOT trolling doesn’t really make sense.

There’s also nudity in camwhore attacks, but nudity isn’t allowed in CD either.

As you will see in my edited post I was actually wrong about the attack and have retracted my question. However, my point about context still stands. I’m sure I can think of a way to make a swastika relevant to a thread without it being a ‘troll’. So therefore it’s not meant to be shock or trolling.

Seriously man, a swastika may be offensive but so is a lot of ****. I simply think this is over stretching the sprit of the rule, that’s all. I know ET has had problems in the post concerning such things (ie the swastika emote) but it was more a matter of how the website as a whole would be interpreted if I recall correctly.

So is this a matter of one size fits all or of context?

Edited because I’m an idiot who hasn’t played Episode 3.

duca edited this message on 07/30/2010 12:32PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

duca Posted:

my point about context still stands. I’m sure I can think of a way to make a swastika relevant to a thread without it being a ‘troll’.

The problem with that is then that leads to all the accusation of mod bias. “Aldo let the swastika go through but Catt banned it — MOD BIAS!” The rules are in place specifically TO enforce the letter, not the spirit.

Then when people break the spirit, that’s where the “mods can ban whoever for whatever” line.

This whole discussion reinforces how happy I am that I’m not a mod any more. I’m sure NoP feels the same way.

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I could see a context where it would be okay, e.g. “In today’s news, this building was found to be in the shape of a swastika” – but I’d say on the whole we’d error on the side of caution, so you’d better be pretty sure. And now after this whole conversation I’d probably bumume any use would be the result of someone looking for an excuse to use it.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

I just think it’s bloody ridiculous that you’re banning for something that I can see on the front page of a news paper or in any history book but whatever. Have fun with that gotta go Log in to see images!

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

duca Posted:

I just think it’s bloody ridiculous that you’re banning for something that I can see on the front page of a news paper or in any history book but whatever. Have fun with that gotta go Log in to see images!

I think in those cases the context would be very clear.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­Honestly, I think the rules around here have gotten a little too strict. Like Peregrine said, the users have agreed that they’re not offended easily, yet people catch bans for posting swastikas. If it can be said that the swastika is offensive, what about this? Log in to see images!

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Catt, cut your losses and admit you goofed up. The sensible, level-headed thing to do would have been to move the thread from CD to RP, not ban everyone who posted in it.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

So posting something that has to do with Nazis is bannable. But a mod who has times posted them along with seemingly supporting Hitler isn’t?

Or is this a CD issue. Because if it is a CD issue, what the **** happening to the mods who would just move it from CD to RP instead of thinking that banning everyone is the best route?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/reply/52411#

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­Honestly, I think the rules around here have gotten a little too strict. Like Peregrine said, the users have agreed that they’re not offended easily, yet people catch bans for posting swastikas. If it can be said that the swastika is offensive, what about this? Log in to see images!

If anything, it’s gotten a lot looser.

http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/Dr_Kraid

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

male reproductive organFACEPANTS Posted:

Catt, cut your losses and admit you goofed up.

Mmmmm . . . no.

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

CrinkzPipe Posted:

So posting something that has to do with Nazis is bannable. But a mod who has times posted them along with seemingly supporting Hitler isn’t?

Or is this a CD issue. Because if it is a CD issue, what the **** happening to the mods who would just move it from CD to RP instead of thinking that banning everyone is the best route?

Like this?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Catt although Posted:

If anything, it’s gotten a lot looser.

http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/Dr_Kraid

i thought his last major ban was for 45 illegal multis to upvote fran is fat.

everyone knows the site rules are too strict and the current mods don’t have the mindset of the original tone of the site. everything needs to be dumbed down and over-thought now to ensure that newbies (lol) don’t get confused and shot down.

there’s hardly any “i am admin this is the rules”, and there’s so many mods with varying and frequently unfavourable opinions that any hope of improvement is nil.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!