Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 [CLOSED] Domination Card Exploit Addressed

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Midget MILF pr0n ftw Posted:

Basically…yeahLog in to see images! Why? Cause **** em, thats why.

Why should I report while Barely Legal gets to play in n00b brackets every ****ing week. Why don’t they fix that.

QFT.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Bigguyinblack Posted:

I know he rewarded them. And now we get an entire klan who want to be rewarded an E-Peen™ for abusing an exploit. Yes you reported it but you still are asking for a reward. Still I agree that the I’m Gay E-Peen™ is OK if ET insists on rewarding this behavior, But I object to a unique E-Peen™ for it.

No argument there.

Arktor edited this message on 04/03/2008 11:19AM

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Yes but I wasn’t aiming it at you. I don’t expect you to suddenly stop begging for your reward just because other people don’t think you should get it. ET has the final say and he hasn’t commented on it yet. Until he does we are just ****ing in the wind.

Edit: Curse your Ninja editing skills.Log in to see images! Bigguyinblack edited this message on 04/03/2008 11:32AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Vuron Posted:

No perfectly capable of reading, do you deny getting 4 medals last week via the exploit? Or do you expect ET to go back into the previous domination rounds to remove medals?

I hereby willingly forfeit my 4 medals from last week. Because this wasn’t done for the medals, it was done to prove the point that it needed to be fixed. I even complained to E.T. that my Shield cards weren’t working, to see if he could detect what I was doing after extensively looking at my account. If he saw anything amiss when he logged in to my account, he didn’t say anything about it. That was one of the reasons why such a large scale event was needed. If the Admin looking at my account (when I had over 250 Scoops and 150 cards) doesn’t detect something amiss, then there was a problem.

So, Evil Trout, please, take the four medals I ‘earned’ last week. I know that I could have still won some (if not all) with just normal scoops & our awesome Vanilla Raid. If this is what it takes to prove a point, so be it.

It wasn’t about the medals. It was about the fact that even subtle prodding or individual bug reports was not getting anything resolved.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Acid Flux Posted:

It wasn’t about the medals. It was about the fact that even subtle prodding or individual bug reports was not getting anything resolved.

You do realize that a single full-time programmer is going to have a huge list of bug fixes on his plate at any given time? Further that Trout currently works at least 6 days a week on the site? And that he had to work on this bugfix during his day off?

Forumwarz is not WoW, Crotchzombie is not blizzard, quit expecting a ****ing miracle worker.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

Vuron Posted:

Crotchzombie is not blizzard.

It isn’t is it. Crotch Zombie is actually responsive to the player base.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Vuron Posted:

You do realize that a single full-time programmer is going to have a huge list of bug fixes on his plate at any given time? Further that Trout currently works at least 6 days a week on the site? And that he had to work on this bugfix during his day off?

Forumwarz is not WoW, Crotchzombie is not blizzard, quit expecting a ****ing miracle worker.

AND I SUPPOSE THATS WHAT TEAM SHORTBUS WAS THINKING WHEN THEY CRASHED IDC

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

FYI: In past weeks, I’ve suggested to ET that the entire Domination be reset once all the bugs are worked out. Because yeah, he’s busy working on things like Episode 2 and other enhancements to the site. He’s a busy guy. If only there were more than one of him (ha! Bet that didn’t link to what you thought it would.)

In any case, he said he wouldn’t do such a mbumive reset lightly. But I bet if the community wants it, he would. So my suggestion, which should have no more weight than anyone else’s, would be to keep finding and identifying the exploits, help improve the design of domination as a whole, and then when it’s all looking good, ask for a complete medal reset.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Tarman Posted:

Ah, I hate to defend them but TSB mostly did the breaking of the idc that I saw when Evil Trout was actively in chat checking to see if his fixes were working.

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

Tarman Posted:

It was for the lulz. And E-Peen™.

And because it is our duty as good citizens to report stranger danger!

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Wylin Posted:

Ah, I hate to defend them but TSB mostly did the breaking of the idc that I saw when Evil Trout was actively in chat checking to see if his fixes were working.

EITHER YOU WERE WASTING HIS TIME OR YOU WERENT. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS YOU FILTHY HYPOCRITES.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Tarman Posted:

EITHER YOU WERE WASTING HIS TIME OR YOU WERENT. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS YOU FILTHY HYPOCRITES.

TSB were actively testing a BETA application. Yes piglet managed to crash the server with some hideous attack, but that was largely unintentional. Unfortunately ET was off-line at the time and had to get paged to fix the server and I believe that piglet apologized for the disruption.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Barely Legal Posted:

In any case, he said he wouldn’t do such a mbumive reset lightly. But I bet if the community wants it, he would. So my suggestion, which should have no more weight than anyone else’s, would be to keep finding and identifying the exploits, help improve the design of domination as a whole, and then when it’s all looking good, ask for a complete medal reset.

I’m not sure an entire reset is necessary, but it fits well within problems with the other e-peen: a lot of it is established not merely by performance, but by amount of time you’ve been playing. It’s hard to catch up to someone with 2,000,000 cred unless they decide to quit the game; likewise, a new player isn’t going to catch up with you in medals unless you take yourself out of the action for at least two months. Which seems unlikely.

It would be nice, then, if there were e-peens given out at the end of the month or every 4th dom period or such to reward people for most over-all gains in cred/flezz/medals/etc. – that would keep a constant competition for people to jump into with anyone being able to get the rewards without having to hope that someone dies of a heart attack so that those of us who discovered the game a month or two later can catch up.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Tarman Posted:

Please don’t even get close to trying to stick me in the shortbus ever again.

Fizzlewidget

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

ITT: SANDY woman's genitalsZ

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Vuron Posted:

Wow, you just don’t get it. This bug had been reported for a while, i.e., weeks. And no action was taken. But once we staged a mbumive exploit demonstration, it was fixed within 12 hours. It obviously didn’t take that long (comparatively speaking) and it affects so many players that I can’t imagine any bug (other than a critical failure related one) being more important.

And considering ET looked closely at my account while I was actively using the exploit, it means that it could have gone on for a very, very long time if someone chose to be subtle & sneaky. We decided to make a demonstration, and we immediately contacted ET to tell him what was going on and how we were doing it.

Instead of drawing out the exploit ourselves, or allowing others to do so, we staged a huge demonstration. And it got the attention it needed. The first step was to see how easily an Admin could see what was going on just by looking. If ET saw what I was doing, he didn’t say a word.

It was important to determine if Admin could even tell when the exploit was being used first to gauge the severity of the issue. That’s a vastly different situation from the IDC thing.

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/03/2008 12:05PM

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

Uh, I thought we were all invited to try to break the chat. If I was wrong, I’m sorry I tried so hard.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

We need an invitation to look for bugs and report them?

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

We need an invitation to look for bugs and report them?

yes you fabulous person you arent supposed to break the game wtf do you think the bug report feature is for

MOD edit: Tarman, this is a non-trolling forum. Meaning no all-caps, etc. Please read the rules.

Tarman edited this message on 04/03/2008 2:14PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Tarman Posted:

YES YOU fabulous person YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO BREAK THE GAME WTF DO YOU THINK THE BUG REPORT FEATURE IS FOR

I know what the bug report function is. I also know that if I can provide more detailed information regarding the bug, that is immensely useful.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!