Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 [CLOSED] Domination Card Exploit Addressed

markemo

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’m okay with rewarding bug testing as long as the bugs aren’t discussed publicly until after they are fixed, and you mention everything you have gained from it in your bug report. But, as we all know, I am NOT Evil Trout.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Is a single little e-peen so much to ask? By NOT rewarding it, you promote abusing bugs and not reporting them.

Edit: Now whether or not that’s sufficient reason is ET’s decision. That’s purely in response to bigfabulous personinblack

Arktor edited this message on 04/03/2008 10:23AM

d35tiny

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

How did the exploit work?...i’m curious

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Hmm, maybe if there were a non-unique bugfinder style ePeen… with some way of noting how many crucial bugs a player has found. It just seems like asking a lot to have ET design a new ePeen every time someone stumbles across a bug.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

markchd Posted:

Hmm, maybe if there were a non-unique bugfinder style ePeen… with some way of noting how many crucial bugs a player has found. It just seems like asking a lot to have ET design a new ePeen every time someone stumbles across a bug.

It doesn’t even have to be a new one. The “I’m gay!” one would be perfect. no homo

On second thought, my e-peen feels larger anyways, so its ok Log in to see images! Arktor edited this message on 04/03/2008 10:28AM

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Evil Trout Posted:

Several people reported it and at least one asked to be anonymous so I figured I wouldn’t name names.

So, I’m curious. How many of those people reporting it did so during the last domination round? Cause the rest kinda blatantly only did so because they saw that we were about to ruin it for them Log in to see images! Lust edited this message on 04/03/2008 10:49AM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Sorry about the double post, but I want to sum things up. First of all, this bug was abused by at least three players over the course of last week. As well as at least one two weeks before that.

What we did was not to attempt to exploit a bug and win. It was to make sure that bug that was being abused got noticed, and was fixed. Everyone who participated knew that we planned to report it. We (or at least most of us) expected to lose our cards and scoops. We wanted to even the playing ground, the only way we could think of. Consider that bug reports had been filed three weeks before this week, and gone unnoticed. It’s obvious that one or two people alone wouldn’t do anything. It needed to be large-scale. And it was.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Lust Posted:

So, I’m curious. How many of those people reporting it during the last domination round? Cause the rest kinda blatantly only did so because they saw that we were about to ruin it for them Log in to see images!

Midget Milf Pr0n FTW?

Altazimuth

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I concur with Goth Jesus, MMPF was def exploiting last round. I think.

Flava Flav

Level 10 Troll

Yeah Boyeee!

Nope wasn’t me although I’m pretty sure I’m one of the first who discovered this glitch. I tried to keep it subtle but Arktor took it over the top, by getting 200 cards. That’s why I went crazy last domination. I figured it would be fixed the same week. Guess I was rightLog in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Midget MILF pr0n ftw Posted:

Nope wasn’t me although I’m pretty sure I’m one of the first who discovered this glitch. I tried to keep it subtle but Arktor took it over the top, by getting 200 cards. That’s why I went crazy last domination. I figured it would be fixed the same week. Guess I was rightLog in to see images!

So you admit that you attempted to exploit it, and keep it undetected and still exploitable, whereas we reported it and attempted to get it fixed.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Seriously you guys expect an e-peen for this?

Look what TSB did in ICD was test the **** out of a beta application that doesn’t actually impact gameplay. It was a bit of hard work (especially on piglet’s part) but was ultimately worth it for the lulz.

What you guys did was find an exploit, enjoy it for some medals, and then report it expecting an e-peen.

Crotch Zombie is trying to create a fun casual game that people are willing to play repeatedly (and purchase brownie points to support). If people **** up the gameplay, even for ‘good’ intentions, it reduces the fun factor for the rest of the community. The result is that people abandon the game and CZ loses customer base which is a bad business model. So seriously, be happy with the handful of medals the exploit finders got, and if trout wants to reward you then fine, if not then that’s peachy too.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Vuron Posted:

enjoy it for some medals,

Are you ignorant, or just incapable of reading?

d35tiny

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Give them their ****ing ePeen or whatever,

it will probably give them an orgasm.

Damn beggers

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Arktor Posted:

Are you ignorant, or just incapable of reading?

No perfectly capable of reading, do you deny getting 4 medals last week via the exploit? Or do you expect ET to go back into the previous domination rounds to remove medals?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Arktor Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/List_Of_E_Peen

We Broke IDC! – This Klan broke the hell out of IDC, resulting in many needed fixes and general improvements to the game. Awarded to Team Shortbus.

I’m Gay! – Not that there’s anything wrong with that! Originally awarded at random, and never to people who asked incessantly about it. Currently awarded to one random person every night – only characters who played the previous day are eligible. Additionally, on February 17th, the members of the Facepunch Studios forums found and exploited a glitch allowing them to get many starting packages, and everyone that used the glitch was given this e-peen. It is, however, known that not everyone who used the glitch got the e-peen. Presumably only those who reported it.

I know he rewarded them. And now we get an entire klan who want to be rewarded an E-Peen™ for abusing an exploit. Yes you reported it but you still are asking for a reward. Still I agree that the I’m Gay E-Peen™ is OK if ET insists on rewarding this behavior, But I object to a unique E-Peen™ for it.

Flava Flav

Level 10 Troll

Yeah Boyeee!

Arktor Posted:

So you admit that you attempted to exploit it, and keep it undetected and still exploitable, whereas we reported it and attempted to get it fixed.

Basically…yeahLog in to see images! Why? Cause **** em, thats why.

Why should I report while Barely Legal gets to play in n00b brackets every ****ing week. Why don’t they fix that.

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Acid Flux Posted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH and because we knew that others were using it, we needed to make them stop.

Fix’d

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

It was tongue-in-cheek, until everyone had their period. And who used haxploits to get medals. People really Log in to see images!

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Midget MILF pr0n ftw Posted:

Basically…yeahLog in to see images! Why? Cause **** em, thats why.

Why should I report while Barely Legal gets to play in n00b brackets every ****ing week. Why don’t they fix that.

If you want a noob bracket, simply time it. All you have to do is join domination late in the round and you can get placed in a lower bracket.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!