Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Should I buy this laptop?

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/sys/1849995868.html

Sold by an ex of my bff. He added that the processor was core 2 duo, and the comp’s ~2 years old. He’s lowered his offer to me to $350. My top priority in a new computer is speed. My current (old) computer is a Dell Dimension 3000, 1.25GB RAM, Pentium IV 2.8GHz processor. What’s the speed of this used compy compared to mine? Thank yous.

Edit: he deleted the ad, but here is a comp with the same specs, I believe: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VGN-AR520E-Notebook-1-8GHz-Premium/dp/B002C0MTPK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280227322&sr=8-5 His 0 and 1 keys didn’t work, so keyboard would need to be replaced, allegedly 2 years old, and no “free” mouse.

priscilla edited this message on 07/27/2010 7:56AM

Finny

Avatar: 57559 2011-07-31 00:11:12 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

BUMPS EVERYWHERE

No, Log in to see images!

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Go for it, you’re not going to get any better for $350.

it is more like somebody else should buy the laptop for you

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

1.8GHz Core2Duo? That’s the low end of that line… only thought they started at around 2GHz.

Would you believe, someone asked the exact some question somewhere else over 2 years ago? The upshot is that a 2.8Ghz P4 can, depending on what test you run, come close to a 1.8GHz Core2Duo, but the newer chip’s still got it beat in general. Better at multitasking, it’ll run cooler and with lower power consumption, and it’s going to be faster (2 cores at 1.8 can beat the crap out of a single core at 2.8, so long as you’re using both cores)

That, and double the amount of RAM, it’s a better machine. No question. So if you want an upgrade and you can afford it, I’d say go for it; $350 is a better price than you’re going to get anywhere else.

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I ended up sending $300 for it, including shipping. I’ll most likely end up refurbishing and selling it, hopefully getting a decent profit. A couple identical models only went for a little over that on eBay bids, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!