Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Smile Tactics Ogre

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

This is similar to FF tactics, but for Super Nintendo. I guess they just came out with the English patch this year, because most of the sites I found say there is no English version.

http://retro-roms.blogspot.com/2010/04/tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together-for.html

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Was the Playstation version a remake of this one? It was odd that I remember loving FF Tactics and Ogre Battle, but I just didn’t like Tactics Ogre at all…

Haha

A **** and a few damns in there, too.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Dunatis Posted:

Was the Playstation version a remake of this one? It was odd that I remember loving FF Tactics and Ogre Battle, but I just didn’t like Tactics Ogre at all…

The only one I ever played was PS1 FF Tactics which I loved. I played the GBA version of Tactics and couldn’t get into that at all.

From what I read this game was released on PS1, but the SNES version is supposedly better.

I wasn’t sure if Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle were the same game or not, like the US and Japan versions. Apparently they’re not the same game. I’ll have to play them both.

Celerysteve edited this message on 07/26/2010 3:21PM

xsundae

Avatar: 230091 2010-09-03 00:23:09 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 68 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Celerysteve Posted:

The only one I ever played was PS1 FF Tactics which I loved. I played the GBA version of Tactics and couldn’t get into that at all.

From what I read this game was released on PS1, but the SNES version is supposedly better.

I wasn’t sure if Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle were the same game or not, like the US and Japan versions. Apparently they’re not the same game. I’ll have to play them both.

I really like the Tactics Ogre (タクティクスオウガ外伝) on GBA. You can make choices that changes the storyline on the Oga Lodisu Knight (its my first ever choice-making-difference tactics game) which I find more engaging than the pretty but simple story of FFTA. And the achievements emblem you get was a pretty nifty system.

I thought there is only the Ogre Battle as the predecessor didnt know there is one more with the title let us cling together. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Celerysteve Posted:

the SNES version is supposedly better

I played the SNES FF Tactics, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Especially when I figured how to unlock Cloud Strife. And I think someone else who I don’t remember.

xsundae

Avatar: 230091 2010-09-03 00:23:09 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 68 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

MC Banhammer Posted:

I played the SNES FF Tactics, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Especially when I figured how to unlock Cloud Strife. And I think someone else who I don’t remember.

SNES??? you meant PSX..?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

shadowlolz Posted:

SNES??? you meant PSX..?

I didn’t think so. I know I’ve played it on a console, and I don’t think I owned any consoles except Nintendo ones.

Probably my memory’s ****ed up and I did, though. Because I know I’ve played it.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

MC Banhammer Posted:

I didn’t think so. I know I’ve played it on a console, and I don’t think I owned any consoles except Nintendo ones.

Probably my memory’s ****ed up and I did, though. Because I know I’ve played it.

They re-released FFT, but never on the SNES, on the PSP. It is the gold standard for Tactics RPGs though IMO though I could also not really get into the Advance series on the GBA and DS.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Dunatis Posted:

They re-released FFT, but never on the SNES, on the PSP. It is the gold standard for Tactics RPGs though IMO though I could also not really get into the Advance series on the GBA and DS.

I should give that game another try. I vaguely remember I played like the opening scene and then it got all weird like it was like where do you want to put this city? And I’m like what why would I choose where to put the city. I’m like what is this game I don’t understand and then I was like eh, I guess I’ll play something else.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I tried playing FFT advanced, never made it far. Should give the original a try some time.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

huh. Go celerysteve!

Many fans of the Ogre series consider it the superior series. I started at Ogre battle, played ogre battle 64 and tactics ogre GBA (whatever it was called). Good games. Everybody listen to csteve in this thread!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!