Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Preemptive thread ****ing about my Human Skull auction being flagged for "abuse" and our subsequent demands.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/449851-human-skull

2 hours to go. Many people want this skull, whether it’s for the comedy factor, the flezz ****ing contest, or other personal reasons. As such, there is a market for this skull, and the market has fairly determined a value for the purchase of this skull.

This is not a flezz transfer, as multiple unique users have all bid on it in an attempt to legitimately win it.

This is your userbase trying to have fun.

I know I’ve been told “no” before, but I still have yet to get a legitimate reason why. I realize I’ll probably meet the same result here, but it won’t be a quiet defeat.

I’m proposing a compromise. I’ll drop this instance of draconian rules ruining our harmless fun IF AND ONLY IF my marble is returned to me. I want that damn marble back. It’s complete bull**** that you confiscated it in the first place, but if it is returned to me I won’t cause a scene anymore.

I eagerly await your response.

Sincerely,

Hobart “Havana Banana” Bliggity, Deceased

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Ok so lets see. You can’t really bid with your alts since that is apparently cheating and like a transfer of items. That means there was like 8 people bidding on that skull. 8 people genuinely wanted that skull. 8 people were willing to waste money on a junk item, not because of “Flezz abuse” but FOR FUN.

I mean this is supposed to be a game. Games are supposed to be fun. People like fun. How can losing an item and a bunch of fake internet money be fun? It isn’t, and because of that Chawin will never see that skull or his Log in to see images!75,515,980 ever again.

I can’t understand how things can be a “Flezz transfer”. I mean 75 million is like the average ammount of cash you get from junk after playing the game. If people want 75 million they can easily get it. So if you’re saying this is a Flezz transfer then that doesn’t really make any sense.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Plus Hobarts only going to spend the flezz on more skulls anyway.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Good luck, I still haven’t received my 8 mil or so for my marble. That was a long time ago.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Its also a game about trolling. Aren’t the admins entitled to a bit of trolling the userbase themselves?

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

dobnits Posted:

Its also a game about trolling. Aren’t the admins entitled to a bit of trolling the userbase themselves?

­not when its ****ing stupid.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Havana Banana Posted:

IF AND ONLY IF

Good idea using this wording. Threats always work.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­not when its ****ing stupid.

Semantics.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

SanDyk Posted:

Ok so lets see. You can’t really bid with your alts since that is apparently cheating and like a transfer of items. That means there was like 8 people bidding on that skull. 8 people genuinely wanted that skull. 8 people were willing to waste money on a junk item, not because of “Flezz abuse” but FOR FUN.

I mean this is supposed to be a game. Games are supposed to be fun. People like fun. How can losing an item and a bunch of fake internet money be fun? It isn’t, and because of that Chawin will never see that skull or his Log in to see images!75,515,980 ever again.

I can’t understand how things can be a “Flezz transfer”. I mean 75 million is like the average ammount of cash you get from junk after playing the game. If people want 75 million they can easily get it. So if you’re saying this is a Flezz transfer then that doesn’t really make any sense.

Some good points but I’d have to actually play the game to earn that much flezz so lol no. As far as I can remember the FWZ team understood that selling junk items for insane amounts of money wasn’t a flezz transfer, but still somehow fell outside of what they determined to be “proper” use of a game mechanic.

I understand the need for an abuse flagging system, and I understand the benefit of having it automated. I don’t understand why a mod/admin can’t look at a contested auction, such as this one, and say “this is obviously a bunch of veteran players having a good time with our game. We can let this happen.”

I mean, I don’t remember what it was but something 3 days ago reminded me that kyouboi still exists. Before that I didn’t even consider it a part of the site/game. Wouldn’t you rather have your users (who have donated since the beginning to keep the site afloat) actually using the things you’ve implemented instead of ignoring them completely? Isn’t having a group of people having fun getting into a ****ing contest over a worthless item better than denying them that fun just because you’re too lazy/stubborn to look into “fake” auctions?

You look at this and see a potential mess of bs auctions and reports. I see a chance for a large group of players to have a little fun with an already implemented mechanic and create a few memorable auctions/auction threads along the way. If people spam too many fake auctions it will get old hat and people will stop getting into bidding wars. If you let this auction go through, the worst that could happen is a deluge of junk auctions that all fail to reach absurd levels because a saturated market is bad for prices. Nobody is going to bid 75million on some green goo if there are 45 other **** auctions running at the same time. Basic economics will handle the junk auction problem for you, just like basic economics should tell you that this auction is legit, just like a basic understanding of this community will tell you that this auction is actually a good thing for the community.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

dobnits Posted:

this is the dumbest ****ing thing ive ever heard.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

dobnits Posted:

So like when you sent your mod application saying “I would be a good mod please hire me” you were trolling then?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I am interested in a genuine pre-owned human skull. Hobart “Havana Banana” Bliggity, Deceased, please notify me when you next have your quality merchandise available for sale.

my very cheap Moars barely get that much

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

SanDyk Posted:

So like when you sent your mod application saying “I would be a good mod please hire me” you were trolling then?

yes

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

so have you even not been a piece of **** donbits?

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

scully Posted:

I am interested in a genuine pre-owned human skull. Hobart “Havana Banana” Bliggity, Deceased, please notify me when you next have your quality merchandise available for sale.

I’ll be putting another one up shortly if this auction is not resolved in a timely manner.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

no response yet weird

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

I think last time this came up that it seemed like there was not currently a system in place for mods to ‘deal with’ a auction of this type. Like, the auto thingie kicks in and they don’t have the power to reverse it. This kinda makes me sad because the mods should have more then enough time these days to fix that kinda thing Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

duca Posted:

This kinda makes me sad because the mods should have more then enough time these days to fix that kinda thing Log in to see images!

It’s not a matter of mods having the time, it’s a matter of ET having the time to do the programming. :/

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

spacekadt Posted:

It’s not a matter of mods having the time, it’s a matter of ET having the time to do the programming. :/

I think that’s what she meant; that we’d have time to monitor these types of things if we had the tools to do so.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!