Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Wheels remember the time when I said that not deleting anon will spawn some bad posters? well it turns out I was right

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

You know ricket’s script is great for hiding anon and all that but that’s what its weakness is at the same time. I mean if someone was to spam the anon boards meaning all the latest rp threads are anon ones, I wouldn’t see anything in grp. On the other hand there’s been some pretty bad posting from certain individuals. That kind of “bad posting” that discourages other people from contributing well.

Think about WeChall for a moment. I know most of you don’t want to but bear with me. Do you know why there was so many bad posters from wechall? Some of you might think that it’s something to do with wechall not having any standards and inviting everyone to their klan but I think there’s another reason.

Think about it. You’re new to forums and the internet and have only been on 4chan because that’s the site for “EPIC OM NOM NOMS”. You’ve picked a troll clbum because you’ve always want to bumociate yourself with “EPIC TROLLEN LOLZ TROLOLOOOOOOOO”. You’ve gained enough levels for you to be able to post on flamebate and you’re not sure how to post. You therefore look at what your wechall klanmates are posting. I mean WeChall is the biggest klan. It’s full of “Elite” people and “Hackers” like MercWithMouth, and quangntenemy. By seeing other people from wechall posting badly it gave other people from wechall the idea that posting like that is acceptable and hence we had a ton of bad posters. I’m not sure if this was accidental or quang did this on purpose but if it was the latter then congratulations quangntenemy for singlehandedly ruining flamebate.

Fortunately we don’t have to worry about wechall that much these days. However the “newish” klan “wechall is a ****ty klan” has become what wechall was. It’s kind of funny to be honest.

I don’t really want to say that “every noob is a bad poster” cause that’s really not true. I mean this post is probably one of the best I’ve seen from a new guy in a long while (some might argue that “this guy isn’t new” well yeah he might have the veteran badge but that doesn’t mean they’re a veteran. I mean this bob guy hasn’t been very active though he explains that in the thread). I myself (and most people here might agree) that we’d like more newbies like bobdisgea and less who are like “rofl lol I trol uuuuuuu” in every post they make.

Anyway, back the the last thread I made. Remember I listed some now permabanned posters that used to post a lot in the anon forum but you ignored it because the statement about child porography was questionable and therefore invalidated my whole argument? If no here’s a reminder:

ghax – Wechall member. Used anonboards a lot to increase his flamebate score and to practice his sniping. Was incredibly annoying. Played incit a lot. Got banned for multiple accounts to upvote his forumbuildr idea.

MercWithMouth – Wechall member Played incit a lot. Used anonboards. Was incredibly annoying. Would not shut up. Got banned for incit drama and possible cheating I don’t really remember the details I guess he just pushed his luck a lot.

BLACKENSTEIN – Wechall is a ****ty klan member. played incit a lot and tended to cheat a lot by asking for votes. A pretty terrible poster who did a lot of terrible anonthreads. Banned for multi accounts to downvote everything in buildr.

You see there’s a pattern with all these people and I want you to notice that. We knew they were terrible posters. We knew that they were trouble and we didn’t want them here. Why did we leave it too late to ban them then? The merc business was handled terribly because… well he should have been banned long before. The same with ghax. You left it too late for them to ruin the boards before banning them.

Therefore I’ve decided to create a system. I did think of making one similar to this one however it has a few flaws. Lets say someone does a post that one person who really doesn’t matter finds dissagreeable. They therefore ballsack that post and then get their klannies to ballsack that post as well. I’m sure that forumwarz would discourage klan ballsacking if the ballsack rule was enforced but I found it too risky.

I therefore decided that a select group of people should be able to decide to point out certain posters that may do something bad to the community. Kind of a “ban before they do something bad” kind of thing. I’ve always thought that those three I mentioned should be banned but in normal cirgreat timesstances there wouldn’t be a reason to ban them. That’s why this system will be placed.

Once one of the select posters decide to point out the trouble maker it’s up to the mods and the other people in the select group to either dissagree or agree. Other posters may upvote or downvote the idea but their opinion shouldn’t really matter that much with the whole desicion.

I was trying to think who would be suitable to be in the select group and I decided it should be the top 10 people in the last mod idol. Those people can therefore at any time choose a poster they think isn’t contributing to the community in the way that a lot of the community would like. We can then decide wether we should give them a ban before they do something like making multiple accounts or cheating at buildr or incit.

With this system we could also go ahead and aggree/dissagree if a mod is doing their job well or not. We could then give promotions for mods who are doing well and demod mods who we think are not doing their job well enough. It will be the new era of forumwarz.

Since some mods are likely to dissagree with what I’m saying (those mods may be the ones that shouldn’t get a promotion with the new system) I’m not going to encourage flamebate to strictly enforce this “idea” (it’s an idea and I know it’s not perfect myself). Therefore I’m going to take a trial of wether the people I will post in the next few posts should be banned. Please upvote the the bans you agree with in this thread and downvote those who you dissagree with.

Remember since this is a trial (an expreriment or whatever) only the bans that I propose will count. Also I would like to hear your suggestions with this system. like I’ve said before it’s not totally foolproof and there might be a few things in there that could improve it and therefore we need your help.

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

The first person I will nominate for a ban is Bacchus. He’s a “wechall is a ****ty klan” member whose posts are not only bad but have a slight tinge of… well I’m not sure how to describe it but it doesn’t really feel good. It could be that Bacchus is “roleplaying” a troll but that’s unlikely because he’s not a very good one and there’s not much distinction between his posts in RP and CD. I have also reason to believe that he’s the one who bumped a lot of anon threads not long ago which ruined RP for a few days. I mean recrobumping can be effective if done right. However the bumping here was for the sake of bumping which was more annoying than anything.

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

The next person I’d like to nominate is MELLTD FACE. I might have said this before his posts remind me of chile pepeinos posts. The difference however is that Chile Pepeino was at least coherent enough to understand what he was saying. MELLTD FACE however doesn’t try and I literally can’t read any post he makes. I know I have him hellbanned and I shouldn’t really be complaining but there is something I don’t like about him. I don’t care if he’s someone well loved that left the site but came back even though they said they would never come back ever again, I don’t want to have to go to a thread and try to read a post of his poorly established gimmick.

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

the third person I will nominate is loln80r. I sometimes wonder where these newbies manage to get into fine upstanding member of society. I mean I thought that king jazza guy was bad but the threads this guy makes are absolutely terrible. I mean these are the kind of posts we should be encouraging people NOT to do. I guess I’m kind of dissapointed at fine upstanding member of society because it’s people like this that give fine upstanding member of society and his klan a bad name. Perhaps I should give loln80r the benifit of the doubt but I have a feeling I’d regret that decision and therefore I’m keeping him here.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

SanDyk Posted:

The first person I will nominate for a ban is Bacchus. He’s a “wechall is a ****ty klan” member whose posts are not only bad but have a slight tinge of… well I’m not sure how to describe it but it doesn’t really feel good. It could be that Bacchus is “roleplaying” a troll but that’s unlikely because he’s not a very good one and there’s not much distinction between his posts in RP and CD. I have also reason to believe that he’s the one who bumped a lot of anon threads not long ago which ruined RP for a few days. I mean recrobumping can be effective if done right. However the bumping here was for the sake of bumping which was more annoying than anything.

­Seconded. I mean, there’s some people who can troll and be annoying, but it’s the kind of annoying that you put up with because it’s decent. Him, on the other hand is probably one of the worst trolls I’ve seen.

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

also I mean necrobumping not recrobumping lol

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

also lol @ the guy who bumped a bunch of threads in anon and downvoted all of my posts in this thread. It’s good to see you’re not bumhurt or anything

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

SanDyk Posted:

also lol @ the guy who bumped a bunch of threads in anon and downvoted all of my posts in this thread. It’s good to see you’re not bumhurt or anything

uh, people have been systematically downvoting every post i make for a while now; get over it

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SanDyk Posted:

also I mean necrobumping not recrobumping lol

Aww, I thought you were being clever. Something like: Recrobumping = Recreational Necrobumping.

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

Sneaky27 Posted:

Aww, I thought you were being clever. Something like: Recrobumping = Recreational Necrobumping.

well it would be recreational if someone like bumping old threads in terrible forums

Finny

Avatar: 57559 2011-07-31 00:11:12 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

BUMPS EVERYWHERE

It’s a good idea, I’d like to see where this goes in the future. Also, excessive use of the word ballsack made me giggle. But good idea, upvoted.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

SanDyk Posted:

You know ricket’s script is great for hiding anon and all that but that’s what its weakness is at the same time. I mean if someone was to spam the anon boards meaning all the latest rp threads are anon ones, I wouldn’t see anything in grp. On the other hand there’s been some pretty bad posting from certain individuals. That kind of “bad posting” that discourages other people from contributing well.

It’s already happened.

And I agree with everything you said (except I wasn’t really impressed by the guy who posted pics of his dead pig and man-titties).

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

SanDyk Posted:

The next person I’d like to nominate is MELLTD FACE. I might have said this before his posts remind me of chile pepeinos posts. The difference however is that Chile Pepeino was at least coherent enough to understand what he was saying. MELLTD FACE however doesn’t try and I literally can’t read any post he makes. I know I have him hellbanned and I shouldn’t really be complaining but there is something I don’t like about him. I don’t care if he’s someone well loved that left the site but came back even though they said they would never come back ever again, I don’t want to have to go to a thread and try to read a post of his poorly established gimmick.

I think its the other way around though, its like the funny part of chile’s posts was that they were so unreadable. Like he was just saying normal things but to the point where it was hardly understandable. That other person you can tell that he is just trying to make the misspellings intentional, but still somewhat readable. The difference is no one wants to hear what he has to say.

Idk what the rest of this thread is about.

SanDyk Posted:

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­Seconded. I mean, there’s some people who can troll and be annoying, but it’s the kind of annoying that you put up with because it’s decent. Him, on the other hand is probably one of the worst trolls I’ve seen.

I’m honored. In a game about ****ing people off… I’ve ****ed people off.

Seriously, SanDyk, you are the worst thing Forumwarz has going for it. You’re an endless source of animosity on the CD side of the board and what little you contribute to the RP side is meaningless dribble no one reads anyway. I have reason to believe you started your own anon thread and flooded the boards with anon so you could use the anger it would cause to rally people behind you. (of course I mean “reason to believe” in the exact same sense SanDyk does which is “I made that up” )

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Bacchus Posted:

I’m honored. In a game about ****ing people off… I’ve ****ed people off.

Seriously, SanDyk, you are the worst thing Forumwarz has going for it. You’re an endless source of animosity on the CD side of the board and what little you contribute to the RP side is meaningless dribble no one reads anyway. I have reason to believe you started your own anon thread and flooded the boards with anon so you could use the anger it would cause to rally people behind you. (of course I mean “reason to believe” in the exact same sense SanDyk does which is “I made that up” )

I’m sure syndyk is honored that in a game about ****ing people off…he has managed to **** you off.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Adapt Posted:

I’m sure syndyk is honored that in a game about ****ing people off…he has managed to **** you off.

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

While I am on board with most of what you say, what it boils down to is you want 12-15 year olds to act and behave differently from the way 12-15 year olds have acted and behaved since the dawn of time. I don’t see it happening.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I disagree with whatever it is you said on the principle you put way too much thought into something that doesn’t even matter.

xsundae

Avatar: 230091 2010-09-03 00:23:09 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 68 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

well if that is what you feel.. but I believe that the more the merrier here. This forum is alive with all of these people contributing toward it, in whatever way they wish to (and we have solid mods to keep them in order too if needed) and you should learn that the demographics of the users here – and what they post are only natural, like what male reproductive organFACEPANTS said above.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!