Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Lexicon 2.0: The Contest (BP Prize)

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Due to the failure of my first attempt with my Fwz Lexicon idea, here is a second attempt.

There will be a number of 26 rounds in the Lexicon game, one for each letter of the alphabet. For Round 1, each player will write an article of at least 100 words starting with the letter A; for Round 2, they will all write articles starting with the letter B and so on.

Now, the basic idea is to get this Lexicon in the form of a wiki, so every article will have to reference a number of other articles that will be posted in the appropriate round thread. Just like on wikipedia, the article referenced may or may not exist. In case it does not exist, it shall be refered to as an Article Phantom that will be filled in during the appropriate round.

This, of course, means that if you are on Round 3, and, thus, on letter C, you may not create article phantoms that start with the letters A and B as they would never be filled in.

I will be keeping a public list of all article phantoms to be filled out for each letter.

Now we have reached the way topics will be chosen. Let’s say that there are N players. For Round 1, each of those players will choose any topic they like. Now, suppose that there have been X article phantoms that start with the letter B. That means that the first N-X players that tell me they want to do an article different from those on the phantom list, get to do so. The rest, have to choose from the article phantoms on the list (which also works on a first-come, first-serve basis), provided that they do not choose to fill in article phantoms that they have created (which is to say that if, for instance, I am writing an article about Pranks and I decide to reference fine upstanding member of society Pranks, The, then when Round 23 comes along, I will not be allowed to write the article called fine upstanding member of society Pranks, The, because I was the one who originally referenced it).

The subject of this Lexicon is as follows:

“Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic Enyclopedia: A Compendium of Knowledge on the Flamebate community, as written by the Scholars and Descendants thereof”

It is written a good two centuries after the forums died, but there is one important caveat to this: At NO TIME should there be a definite date regarding the death of the Forums. Infractions of this rule will lead to deletion of the offending entry as well as ten points being docked from the Author’s final score.

At the beginning of each round, available topics will be listed and people will get to pick. If you can’t come up with a topic, let me know, so I can bumign one to you. Phantoms are picked on a first-come, first-served basis, although players can call dibs on a topic in the citing entry’s comments. Players can only call dibs on one topic at a time.

If an entry flatly contradicts the events set down in another entry, the one that was posted first is the official entry. The offending player must correct his entry. More often than not, though, seemingly contradictory entries can be reconciled with the rest with the proper application of spin (or judicious editing). Remember, if you can rationalise it to the satisfaction of the community, it’s a part of history.

Scoring

One point is awarded for participation in each turn.

Fifteen points will be awarded at the end of the game for the Featured Entry, as voted by the players.

Ten points deducted for failure to abide by the “no exact date” rule.

At the end of the 26th round, I will make a wikia wiki with all the articles.

THE PRIZE FOR THIS CONTEST IS 100 BP. OTHERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE GRANTED. THE DONORS FOR THESE BEEPS ARE BANDANEY, RAFFLE TICKET AND MASTER_TROLL

Use this thread to sign up. Sign up end date is June 25th.

Depending on the number of players, I will be selecting 2 mods who can not play and will just help keep it all in line. If you want to help me manage this game, TM me.

Patently Chill Prestidigitator edited this message on 06/24/2010 3:33AM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

Due to the failure of my first attempt with my Fwz Lexicon idea, here is a second attempt.

There will be a number of 26 rounds in the Lexicon game, one for each letter of the alphabet. For Round 1, each player will write an article of at least 100 words starting with the letter A; for Round 2, they will all write articles starting with the letter B and so on.

Now, the basic idea is to get this Lexicon in the form of a wiki, so every article will have to reference a number of other articles that will be posted in the appropriate round thread. Just like on wikipedia, the article referenced may or may not exist. In case it does not exist, it shall be refered to as an Article Phantom that will be filled in during the appropriate round.

This, of course, means that if you are on Round 3, and, thus, on letter C, you may not create article phantoms that start with the letters A and B as they would never be filled in.

I will be keeping a public list of all article phantoms to be filled out for each letter.

Now we have reached the way topics will be chosen. Let’s say that there are N players. For Round 1, each of those players will choose any topic they like. Now, suppose that there have been X article phantoms that start with the letter B. That means that the first N-X players that tell me they want to do an article different from those on the phantom list, get to do so. The rest, have to choose from the article phantoms on the list (which also works on a first-come, first-serve basis), provided that they do not choose to fill in article phantoms that they have created (which is to say that if, for instance, I am writing an article about Pranks and I decide to reference fine upstanding member of society Pranks, The, then when Round 23 comes along, I will not be allowed to write the article called fine upstanding member of society Pranks, The, because I was the one who originally referenced it).

The subject of this Lexicon is as follows:

“Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic Enyclopedia: A Compendium of Knowledge on the Flamebate community, as written by the Scholars and Descendants thereof”

It is written a good two centuries after the forums died, but there is one important caveat to this: At NO TIME should there be a definite date regarding the death of the Forums. Infractions of this rule will lead to deletion of the offending entry as well as ten points being docked from the Author’s final score.

At the beginning of each round, available topics will be listed and people will get to pick. If you can’t come up with a topic, let me know, so I can bumign one to you. Phantoms are picked on a first-come, first-served basis, although players can call dibs on a topic in the citing entry’s comments. Players can only call dibs on one topic at a time.

If an entry flatly contradicts the events set down in another entry, the one that was posted first is the official entry. The offending player must correct his entry. More often than not, though, seemingly contradictory entries can be reconciled with the rest with the proper application of spin (or judicious editing). Remember, if you can rationalise it to the satisfaction of the community, it’s a part of history.

Scoring

One point is awarded for participation in each turn.

Fifteen points will be awarded at the end of the game for the Featured Entry, as voted by the players.

Ten points deducted for failure to abide by the “no exact date” rule.

At the end of the 26th round, I will make a wikia wiki with all the articles.

THE PRIZE FOR THIS CONTEST IS 47 BP. OTHERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE GRANTED. THE DONORS FOR THESE BEEPS ARE BANDANEY AND MASTER_TROLL

Use this thread to sign up. Sign up end date is June 25th.

Depending on the number of players, I will be selecting 2 mods who can not play and will just help keep it all in line. If you want to help me manage this game, TM me.

quoting for ghax

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Player List and scores so far:

• man-man (2p)
  • Chuck Diesel (2p)
  • Master_Troll (2p)
  • AbsoluteZero (2p)
  • Forumwarz Cool Kid (2p)
  • Hot Pho (2p)
  • wtfmcnuggets (0p) Due to the fact that she has yet to accept the klan invite, wtfmcnuggets is officially disqualified from Lexicon.

And introducing the Lexicon Moderator: Ricket.

Patently Chill Prestidigitator edited this message on 07/14/2010 11:54AM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

List of articles:

• Alts by Chuck Diesel
  • Amasius by Forumwarz Cool Kid
  • Anonymous Forum by AbsoluteZero
  • Antifreeze Scoops by Master_Troll
  • bumhat by man-man
  • Bad Posters by Master_Troll
  • Banhammer, The by Forumwarz Cool Kid
  • Brainfreeze by man-man
  • Brownie Points by AbsoluteZero
  • Buildr by Chuck Diesel

Patently Chill Prestidigitator edited this message on 07/14/2010 11:57AM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I don’t see anything significantly different. I still have an interest in this as a way to burn some time.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­I’m down, I’m going to be out of town all week, so I’m unsure about my internet access. But I’ll play.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

man-man Posted:

I don’t see anything significantly different. I still have an interest in this as a way to burn some time.

the difference is that there’s beeps and that i hopefully explained it all way clearer

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

I’m still interested in playing unless there’s some sort of “conflict of interest” what with beeps but I don’t think that really applies here so I still throw in my hat to play.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

there isn’t any conflict of interest nor is there any favoritism, as, besides my integrity, the player with most points wins and i can’t really influence the scores.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

I call dibs on playing.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

I like to play Log in to see images!

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

I call dibs on dibs

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

The prize is now 100 BP. Sign up while theres still time!

Hot Pho

Avatar: 226401 2010-03-21 02:41:40 -0400

Level 12 Emo Kid

But what if I like it here (on Ricket's male reproductive organ)

Adapt Posted:

I call dibs on playing.

Me too.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

signing up for this

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

I updated the player list and announced the moderation in this post. You guys have 24 hours from the moment I post this to leave your klans and allow me to invite you to Forumwarz Lexicon.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I updated the player list and announced the moderation in this post. You guys have 24 hours from the moment I post this to leave your klans and allow me to invite you to Forumwarz Lexicon.

‘k done.

AbsoluteZero

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Invite me.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

I have to leave the klan I’m in? Why was this not mentioned in the first post?

****ty Famil-
y Guy Alt

Avatar: 222812 2015-05-30 20:50:23 -0400

[south park]

Level 69 Camwhore

hot horse great times lover

I’ll go instead of SanDyk since he’s not cool enough to play Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!