Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Can we get clarification on what is allowable in discussing forumbuildr submissions?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

MySpace Tom Posted:

Yeah, and I also suspect that the other two Barack Obama avatars with great puns didn’t help. (Hey, how come there is only one avatar of a black man? Racists!Log in to see images!)

Back to Escher’s question, though, I wonder if there couldn’t be a separate subforum for getting feedback on submissions, with forced anonymity for all posts there. That would allow submitters to request feedback while the ideas are still fresh, without the risk of klan based voting or the like. Alternatively, it could be a private subforum, where you need to meet some criteria to gain access (such as a minimum forumbuildr score or voting ratio, or pledging to vote fairly, etc.). I think either would be a useful addition to the creative process.

The fact that you did “YES WICCAN” makes you a genius in my book! It’s really unfortunate how such awesome **** gets voted down, but I guess you can’t hunt down each and every user who either doesn’t get the joke or chooses to be a big fat negative douche.

We really do need more African-American avatars up in this **** though Log in to see images!

As for getting feedback…well, I’m not sure how to address that. I was thinking of allowing players to attach “sticky notes” to their posts in order to highlight them and actually explain why it ought to be voted up. Could be annoying to read, or greatly abused.

I think, for the most part, you wouldn’t want to see the kind of criticisms that your downvoters would have to offer. I’m not sure how to handle this. It’s a shame to think so many good posters are quitting Forumbuildr because of this.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

The fact that you did “YES WICCAN” makes you a genius in my book!

I call for an admin intervention! Save that suggestion!

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

It does feel like a lot of male reproductive organs care more about the scoops and e-peen than quality content, and something needs to be done about that.

I think one idea that might improve things would be a limit as to how many downvotes you’re allowed to give out within a certain period of time, or require a certain minimum ratio of up/down votes. Perhaps even make your profile show how many up and down votes you’ve given so people who downvote everything are exposed, so to speak. I dunno though, I can’t help but think the ideas I’m tossing out of my bum would be just as open to exploitation as the current system.

Maybe just enforce a certain limit to how many votes you can make in a minute so people have to actually mull over each idea. Would cut down on subtle jokes being immediately pbumed over only for people to get the joke right after clicking down. That seems logical.

1338h4x edited this message on 04/08/2008 7:29PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Sancdar Posted:

I call for an admin intervention! Save that suggestion!

I really want an “Editor’s Choice” type of reward/acknowledgment but I don’t think ET likes the concept. Nevertheless, we’re determined to find a way to make sure our best posters get what’s coming to them.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I think, for the most part, you wouldn’t want to see the kind of criticisms that your downvoters would have to offer. I’m not sure how to handle this. It’s a shame to think so many good posters are quitting Forumbuildr because of this.

I don’t know how other people feel, but I’m willing to read through fifty “u sux my male reproductive organ” or “not funny” messages in order to get to one or two “A little too much like forums we already have” or “Not enough random word types”. Also, I expect that most people who are just downvoting out of revenge/preventing scoops/lulz aren’t going to bother taking the time to enter that information.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Escher Posted:

I don’t know how other people feel, but I’m willing to read through fifty “u sux my male reproductive organ” or “not funny” messages in order to get to one or two “A little too much like forums we already have” or “Not enough random word types”. Also, I expect that most people who are just downvoting out of revenge/preventing scoops/lulz aren’t going to bother taking the time to enter that information.

I agree. Sometimes I realize that my stuff got downvoted because it was crap, but on occasion I really can’t figure out why it got thrown out. I’d happily sift through some mean comments for some real constructive criticism.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

1338h4x Posted:

I think one idea that might improve things would be to require a certain minimum ratio of up/down votes.

What about when 95% of the enemy submissions suck, like this week?

Perhaps even make your profile show how many up and down votes you’ve given so people who downvote everything are exposed, so to speak.

It does. Even on non-public profiles.

Maybe just enforce a certain limit to how many votes you can make in a minute so people have to actually mull over each idea. Would cut down on subtle jokes being immediately pbumed over only for people to get the joke right after clicking down. That seems logical.

I’d be a fan of that, but when you’re seeing most of these in play it’s just as a real quick look. I really like the puns and subtle jokes (Skully), but if it’s so subtle that I don’t get it without some real consideration, I don’t know if it belongs in here.

Sancdar edited this message on 04/08/2008 8:35PM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

kittiejenn Posted:

I agree. Sometimes I realize that my stuff got downvoted because it was crap, but on occasion I really can’t figure out why it got thrown out. I’d happily sift through some mean comments for some real constructive criticism.

Allow me to third that sentiment.

Maybe make the notes publically viewable to all and have a bumon to mark said note as nonconstructive ****, and if enough people click that it’ll be autohidden (with a bumon to show it just in case that’s further abused) to weed that out.

Also if a note gets marked enough times it could be flagged for the mods to take a look at, and they could ban someone from posting more bull**** notes that waste everyone’s time. Maybe even block them from voting entirely for abusing the system.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Didn’t read the whole thread, but has anyone suggested a limited number of votes per day? I.E., you can ‘pbum’ as often as you like, but you can upvote or downvote a max of ten times per day. That way more of us would carefully choose which submissions warrant a positive or negative push, and those jerkwads doing it just for ‘lulz’ have a daily limit.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!