Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho UNBAN OLEG

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Okay so I was under the impression that CD was under ‘relaxed’ ruling these days. Meaning that we can make a joke from time to time without worrying about the banhammer coming down. So please, someone explain to me why this post is a bannable offense:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/825680

Oleg is obviously making reference to his famous youtube video explaining how you play the Forumwarz. So umm.. yeah. How is this offensive again? Why the hell are we banning what few players are left for making a simple joke?

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Because it’s derailing a conversation in game discussion. I know, a lot of people here only care about Flamebate and not the actual game, but if you feel that way there’s no reason to be in the game discussion forum.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

How was it derailing the thread? There were two posts.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Not to mention that the question had been more or less answered in previous postings.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Um, we have rules for a reason? It is not anyone’s fault but yours that you took it upon yourself to think you were somehow exempted from those rules just because it was “funny”. Also, he was only banned because he quoted a bannable post, so you obviously have absolutely no knowledge of what took place anyway, or the rules in general for that matter. And if you don’t even know what the rules are, I have no idea how you can even start to form a position on changing them.

It is not the mods job to bumume that what someone said was a reference to something else. There are obviously going to be things they have never heard of before. If you were even going to start to say that oleg should be unbanned it would be because he is oleg, not for your self-centered hedonistic bull****. More “relaxed”? what does that even mean? You have no idea, and neither does the rest of the ineffective rule making group. Someone should have warned you I hate jokes.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Game Discussion is generally where newbies ask about the game and should be able to expect answers that are at least accurate, if not helpful. Responses like Dirty Birdy’s and Oleg’s are out of line, imo.

You get the reference. Oleg gets the reference. Until your post, I had completely forgotten all about it, but now I get the reference. The person that asked the question? Probably didn’t get the reference. But really, it doesn’t matter. It was snarky answer to a legitimate question. Had the comment been made in a CD forum other than GD, I could see overlooking it.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

duca Posted:

Not to mention that the question had been more or less answered in previous postings.

Which, really, is a good reason to let the thread go inactive… not make jokes that will only confuse someone who doesn’t get the reference.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

It was just a response to someone elses post. I mean, how often do you ban everyone who responds to a troll in a thread? Seriously? Just stupid imo. He wasn’t saying something snarky to the OP he was saying something complimentary to another user.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

You can not go around stomping new players down with references they don’t understand just because they are new. How arrogant can you get? This game needs new players to survives, they are our more important natural resource. Like Native Americans.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

duca Posted:

It was just a response to someone elses post. I mean, how often do you ban everyone who responds to a troll in a thread? Seriously? Just stupid imo. He wasn’t saying something snarky to the OP he was saying something complimentary to another user.

And you don’t think, even a little bit, that saying that the trolling answer is the best answer is trolling as well?

If someone posted said some pretty horrible things about you somewhere (I refuse to invoke the name, but I think you know who I refer to) and someone else at random says “yeah, that person’s right, Duca’s this, that and the other!” – isn’t that second person just as much of a judgmental bum as the original person?

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Okay yeah, bring in extremes. That’s not what he said and that’s not what he did. He simply made a refernce to a forumwarz meme. OMG WE SHOULD NEVER ACT LIKE WE ARE A COMMUNITY THAT’S BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS. We are confusing the noobs. Point taken. Next time we just shouldn’t post. Oh wait, that’s what people are doing. Not posting any more. Hmm… is there perhaps a connection?

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Probably not. I would hardly call the help section of the forum vindictive of the forum as a whole. It has always been slow and you are forming connections that simply are not there.

DALEK AMBbum-
ADOR

Level 52 Hacker

“Perl Diva”

If you were to unban him, or not ban him in the first place, solely on the ground that hes a popular poster, that wouldn’t be “moderation” at all. “Good poster immunity” is bull****, and I for one thought this was a good and fair move on the mods part.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

¦]

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Adapt Posted:

Um, we have rules for a reason? It is not anyone’s fault but yours that you took it upon yourself to think you were somehow exempted from those rules just because it was “funny”. Also, he was only banned because he quoted a bannable post, so you obviously have absolutely no knowledge of what took place anyway, or the rules in general for that matter. And if you don’t even know what the rules are, I have no idea how you can even start to form a position on changing them.

It is not the mods job to bumume that what someone said was a reference to something else. There are obviously going to be things they have never heard of before. If you were even going to start to say that oleg should be unbanned it would be because he is oleg, not for your self-centered hedonistic bull****. More “relaxed”? what does that even mean? You have no idea, and neither does the rest of the ineffective rule making group. Someone should have warned you I hate jokes.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Also I’ve outright trolled dumb newbies in GD and not gotten banned for it so double standard much?

****ty Famil-
y Guy Alt

Avatar: 222812 2015-05-30 20:50:23 -0400

[south park]

Level 69 Camwhore

hot horse great times lover

marblecake Posted:

If you were to unban him, or not ban him in the first place, solely on the ground that hes a popular poster, that wouldn’t be “moderation” at all. “Good poster immunity” is bull****, and I for one thought this was a good and fair move on the mods part.

Didn’t you know that the Cool Kids had ban immunity? I thought everyone did. It’s certainly not bull****.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Forumwarz Cool Kid Posted:

Didn’t you know that the Cool Kids had ban immunity? I thought everyone did. It’s certainly not bull****.

Can you post in Game Discussion so you can be banned for being a lame Forumwarz meme in Game Discussion? Really.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

More importantly, he was banned for one day.

I know its more to do with the principle than the ban length, but really. There are better things to complain about.

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Also I’ve outright trolled dumb newbies in GD and not gotten banned for it so double standard much?

That was pre-Catt’s reign of terror. Try it now and you will be crushed beneath his tyrannical heel.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!