Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Player Count (Or, increasing that very thing)

fine upstanding member of societydeath -
Booyah

Avatar: 19734 2010-05-21 04:19:33 -0400

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

That wouldn’t go over to well. What guidelines would there have to be?

no clue

What’s stopping your friend from leaving once you get the BP?

Nothing would stop them. I suppose you could make it that the friend has to do a thang. Probably could have a short list of qualifying actions, like beat Ep 1 or if they purchase bp for themselves or whatever. We can’t compel people to stay and shouldn’t expect every bp to be well spent. I’ve got 55 atm, not sure if that’s nearly enough to fund a big-bum membership contest.

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

Mod Edit: Removed Kaiser spam

DerKaiserReich was banned for this post by Catt although

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

i wouldnt be caught dead telling anyone of my friends about forumwarz because i would be too ashamed

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

i wouldnt be caught dead telling anyone of my friends about forumwarz because i would be too ashamed

in all seriousness, though, none of my friends are interested in a site like this. i tried like a year and a half ago when i first started playing.

Nobody Owens

Avatar: 234154 2010-04-08 03:40:01 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 6 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

I invited some friends, but they all gave up after choosing a clbum and never came to flamebate. As for the RP part, I do post in ARP since it appeared.

Dirty Birdy

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 20 Camwhore

Interstate Salsa Trafficker

almost all my friends know that I come here there just all most all girls or not gamers or use the internet

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

What sort of friend would I be if I knowingly introduced someone to this game? Friends don’t let other friends play INCIT.

To be honest, during my earl(ier) days here, I enjoyed a bit of INCIT very much. I met some pretty cool people there, but most (all) of hem never really started posting, simply because INCIT was full of nice people who had just started the game, like them. In a way, INCIT was almost like a gateway drug to flamebate for me, because it took something that was able to be found all over the internet (motivational posters) and integrated it into forumwarz, which made me feel more at home. Unfortunately, I think the mentality that INCIT sucks and the community hates everyone who plays it has alienated a few of those potential posters.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Since @#chan people are so welcome over here and you guys receive new Germans with cheers, I’ll drum up business on Krautchan. Log in to see images!

SuperSonic

Avatar: 148701 2010-01-03 11:24:25 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

swine Posted:

First off, I freely admit that I’m a jerk.

fine upstanding member of societydeath Booyah Posted:

I’m a big ****ing jerk too.

Posting here just to tell you guys: Im a jerk too. (I just didn’t want you two to feel lonely)

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

swine Posted:

Invite a friend or two to join us.

I’m posting here, it’s fairly obvious I have none.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

swine Posted:

Food for thought: If you’ve purchased BP, you’ve given money to this game. Therefore you kind of have a vested interest in seeing it succeed. Lest your money be wasted.

Thought for food: I eat food which I’ve payed for and then don’t have it any more, but it was good and worth the money while it lasted. If ForumWarz fails I’ll feel the same way about it as I do about good meals I’ve had in the past.

SuperSonic

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

EDIT: Disregard this, I cluck socks.

SuperSonic edited this message on 05/21/2010 4:18AM

dan724

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

From someone who just found this kinda fun game on the internet, if you want to increase user count, make it free. None of this “pay $10 for episode 2” crap. I know you have expenses. I know you need the money. Tough ****. If you want more players, dont try to make anonymous internet yahoos pay money.

It isnt the $10 that is the problem. ****… I’m gonna spend about that on lunch today. Its the fact that I have to hand over my credit card/paypal/whatever info to some random internet game. Not gonna happen.

SuperSonic

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

dan724 Posted:

From someone who just found this kinda fun game on the internet, if you want to increase user count, make it free. None of this “pay $10 for episode 2” crap. I know you have expenses. I know you need the money. Tough ****. If you want more players, dont try to make anonymous internet yahoos pay money.

It isnt the $10 that is the problem. ****… I’m gonna spend about that on lunch today. Its the fact that I have to hand over my credit card/paypal/whatever info to some random internet game. Not gonna happen.

Welcome to forumwarz. Either you bear with it or you give up in desperation.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

dan724 Posted:

Except it’s the players who want to increase the player count in this case, we’re not talking about the owner of the site. In fact, this thread isn’t even talking about the game per se, but about the community, which is a whole ‘nother ballgame.

More people might play if it was free, but I don’t see the incentive for the developers to do that. Also the whole site would be gone within a year, so if your mission is to keep the community going that would probably be a negative.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

dan724 Posted:

Here I go making the same flawed argument that everyone who doesnt want to dish over $10 ever makes when they first come on Flamebate.

dan724

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

I guess I don’t see why the game would be gone within a year. With lots of other silly browser based games available for free on the web, why should someone fork over the money to play here? Sure there is the community and the ongoing content and blah, blah, blah. I don’t really care. I don’t play silly browser games for the community. I play silly browser games because they are a fun way to kill time.

I realize it may seem off topic, but I HAVE gotten my friends to play this game. You know what happened? They played through till they found out you couldn’t continue without paying, then they stopped. This is an anecdote but is it an uncommon one?

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

dan724 Posted:

I guess I don’t see why the game would be gone within a year. With lots of other silly browser based games available for free on the web, why should someone fork over the money to play here?

Cause the game is really good and very funny… wait no that’s not it

dan724 Posted:

Sure there is the community and the ongoing content and blah, blah, blah. I don’t really care. I don’t play silly browser games for the community. I play silly browser games because they are a fun way to kill time.

You’ve come in here talking about cake when everyone else is discussing about pie. This thread isn’t about “How to get more people to play” it’s about “How to get more people that will stick around in flamebate”

dan724 Posted:

I realize it may seem off topic, but I HAVE gotten my friends to play this game. You know what happened? They played through till they found out you couldn’t continue without paying, then they stopped. This is an anecdote but is it an uncommon one?

You’re right. We shouldn’t have to pay for games that people have worked hard on. Why should we fork out our money to buy games? I mean wouldn’t life be great if we all got the latest games for free and not give any money to the people that made it? Imagine it, you could get portal for free… wait bad exaple.. well you get my point anyway

fine upstanding member of societydeath -
Booyah

Avatar: 19734 2010-05-21 04:19:33 -0400

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

dan724 Posted:

You should remind them that there’s all the community forums too if they don’t want to pay the :10bux: but like wasting 5 minutes a day here.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

I’ve already helped the effort by getting a couple of people to sign up.

That said, one peson got reminded of this game when he saw me on it, and went back on his old account to play INCIT.

I should slap some shush into his face.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!