Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games a round of TF2 tonight - in one picture

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

You forgot activating an uber the instant their heal target begins to get peppered with long-range shots, or ANY inappropriate time.

Nothing annoys me more than Medics who don’t know when to use an Ubercharge.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Drakodan Posted:

You forgot activating an uber the instant their heal target begins to get peppered with long-range shots, or ANY inappropriate time.

Worse are the ones who don’t deploy until half a second after you die.

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Same principle. If you died before it activated, the Medic didn’t know when to use it.

xsundae

Avatar: 230091 2010-09-03 00:23:09 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 68 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Drakodan Posted:

its pretty hard to do it at the right time, like you said better use than nothing right? did you also watch the medic’s health? sometimes the medic out of fear of wasting it will use it right away, or if foreseeing threats like hidden stickies, spies and especially snipers from afar. Log in to see images!

EDIT: and yes, having a mic would actually help this better..

xsundae edited this message on 06/08/2010 12:33PM

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Drakodan Posted:

Same principle. If you died before it activated, the Medic didn’t know when to use it.

Having mained Medic for two years, I can definitely say that firing off your uber when you’re in danger is much better than dying with full uber.

Also, the number of times my uber target has died in the time between when I right-click and when the uber starts up is goddamned uncountable.

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Of course I’m not suggesting that you should fire the uber only when the PATIENT is dying, I just mean that it infuriates me when a Sentry may be round the corner, and the Engineer who owns it is at the end of the corridor. He peppers me with shots that don’t even do 10 damage, and the Ubercharge goes up.

Seriously, you could at least wait until we’re in the Sentry’s line of sight to squeeze more time out of it. That said, of course the Medic’s survival is top priority, but when I’m the Medic, I generally wait until I’m at below 50% before activating it in self defense. As long as there’s no ambushing Pyro or Scout, a competent patient should be able to protect me from any other opposition anyway.

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

NeoVid Posted:

Having mained Medic for two years, I can definitely say that firing off your uber when you’re in danger is much better than dying with full uber.

I should have also specified that firing off an uber when you’re not in the slightest bit of danger means you’re a ‘tard.

I would say it’s fun to watch incompetent Medics die horribly, but that means your team is without a Medic at all.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I don’t remember what a bad medic is like. I only play on a few servers/tf2lobby so yeah.

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I don’t remember what a bad medic is like. I only play on a few servers/tf2lobby so yeah.

They stick to a Heavy and don’t heal anyone else.

They stand still for every enemy Sniper and Spy in the vicinity.

They don’t tank Sentries for their partners when the uber is up.

Etc, etc. In other words, they unintentionally do everything in their power to make themselves far less useful/credit to team.

xsundae

Avatar: 230091 2010-09-03 00:23:09 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 68 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Drakodan Posted:

They stick to a Heavy and don’t heal anyone else.

They stand still for every enemy Sniper and Spy in the vicinity.

They don’t tank Sentries for their partners when the uber is up.

Etc, etc. In other words, they unintentionally do everything in their power to make themselves far less useful/credit to team.

+ more tendency to engage as battle-medic Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!