Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Paying Members Speak Up

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

There is a distinction between ‘paying customer’ & ‘voluntary donator’. Paying customers have the right to expect certain things. Voluntary donators don’t. Ultimately, those of us with the lazy-eyed smiley next to our names are donators, not customers. Our opinions hold equal weight with non-donating members. As far as getting special treatment, we already did, in the form of Brownie Points. That’s it. There was no implication that we’re better than any other player.

Well, except for the E-Peen that says so.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Just in case my sarcasm wasn’t clear in previous posts: I agree entirely with what Acid Flux just posted.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Escher Posted:

Just in case my sarcasm wasn’t clear in previous posts: I agree entirely with what Acid Flux just posted.

I love it when we’re on the same wavelength. I get a warm fuzzy feeling….. er, wait a minute.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

mary misanthrope Posted:

I respect you, JP, but when I saw this thread, I kinda had to roll my eyes. I’m confident that you donated because you like the game and didn’t expect anything more than what your donation could buy in brownie points.

Steering the discussion away from “hey I donated I’m better than you” let me revisit the OP:

I want the opinion of people who have donated money to the development of the game. Do you like things the way they are or do you want something cleaned up?

If you haven’t donated money to the development of the game then just ignore the thread.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

jpsteel Posted:

Steering the discussion away from “hey I donated I’m better than you” let me revisit the OP:

I want the opinion of people who have donated money to the development of the game. Do you like things the way they are or do you want something cleaned up?

If you haven’t donated money to the development of the game then just ignore the thread.

I don’t understand. How is this steering the discussion away from “hey I donated I’m better than you”?

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

jpsteel Posted:

As you just read ET post, donators have no greater bearing than non-donators. Their opinions mean no more or less than the people who haven’t donated. Your post seems to insinuate that you still do not believe this.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

My intent was to restart discussion and clear up some confusion about why I started the topic.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

THis thread is asking about the opinions of donating members.

You say that anyone who hasn’t donated should just ignore this thread.

Donating members. Suggestions. Non donors ignore.

KEYWORDS ROCK.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

Why not ask non-donors if they’d like this cleaned up as well? I imagine a great many people would rather have flamebate policed a bit harder. I’m ambivalent, BTW. I am not offended easily.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

doug05257 Posted:

As you just read ET post, donators have no greater bearing than non-donators. Their opinions mean no more or less than the people who haven’t donated. Your post seems to insinuate that you still do not believe this.

jpsteel is not Crotch Zombie so I don’t get why people are still hung up on this. Jpsteel wants your opionion in this thread not Crotch Zombie. I could have just as easily said “jpsteel wants everybody who plays the game in Europe

to speak up” or “jpsteel wants everybody with brown hair to speak up” but I didn’t.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

jpsteel Posted:

jpsteel is not Crotch Zombie so I don’t get why people are still hung up on this. Jpsteel wants your opionion in this thread not Crotch Zombie. I could have just as easily said “jpsteel wants everybody who plays the game in Europe

to speak up” or “jpsteel wants everybody with brown hair to speak up” but I didn’t.

yeah see the difference here is that if you had asked for everybody with brown hair to speak up, people would probably think you were a little dumb but at least you wouldn’t be coming across as an elitist douchebag.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

What I don’t get is how people are reading into a topic what they want to see so let me clarify:

I don’t think donating makes you better or should give you any special consideration. I like to think of it as tipping. If you appreciate the service then give a little something extra.

Maybe I should start another topic called “Tipping keeps hobos off the street” Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

jpsteel Posted:

What I don’t get is how people are reading into a topic what they want to see so let me clarify:

I don’t think donating makes you better or should give you any special consideration. I like to think of it as tipping. If you appreciate the service then give a little something extra.

Maybe I should start another topic called “Tipping keeps hobos off the street” Log in to see images!

not everyone has a means of paying for **** online, especially the younger of the playerbase who don’t have credit cards. maybe i just don’t understand why you don’t want to hear their opinions either?

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

By the way, everything Bruschi said earlier in this thread still holds true.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

BirdofPrey Posted:

not everyone has a means of paying for **** online, especially the younger of the playerbase who don’t have credit cards. maybe i just don’t understand why you don’t want to hear their opinions either?

I understand that “creating a barrier to entry” is not the way to go but the Suggestion sticky is a good place for everybody to post their opinions. The general consensus seems to be the thread title “Paying Members Speak up” seems to imply exclusion which wasn’t my intent. I read lots of peoples opinions in other posts but wanted to see if there was a common belief/opinion among people who donate.

The topic did flush out some strong opinions about donating vs. non-donating which seems to be a sore subject.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I won’t even read your posts if you’re anything less than a Level II Friend of Forumwarz.

Flamebate is like one giant, blank page to me. Log in to see images!

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I enjoy the game, so I donated a couple bucks. Big deal. Dont need any special treatment, I wanted to play through again as a re re Log in to see images!

Fair trade!

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I would bet that if you asked people over 30 what they like about this game and what direction it should go in, you’d get a different answer than if you asked people under 20.

It might be interesting to see the responses to a thread entitled “Old Members Speak Up”, and to compare that to the general suggestions thread.

Similarly, I think that the types of people who donate to online games is a subset of the people who play them, and think it might be interesting to know what they liked about the game that made it worth donating to and what they want to see out of it in the future.

I haven’t seen any insinuation that the people who’ve donated are better, or more important or that they should be listened to more than those who haven’t. It’s easy to read that as an unspoked bumumption of the title, but it isn’t actually written there.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!