Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games please square do something with the final fantasy viii universe

stab my hear-
t because yo-
ure bored

Avatar: stab my heart because youre bored's Avatar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

i dont care what

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, I’ve always wanted them to do SOMETHING else with FFVIII. I still think in terms of gameplay, and definitely story and characters, it was better than FFVII and can easily compete with most of the games in the series.

curufeanor

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

how bout a game where u get to enjoy and kill the ff8 characters. or better yet, just hunt down and kill the fans of ff8 in real life.

NawtyFish

[WEG0TPAID]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

How about a game where all you do is press two bumons- X to summon something, and square to power up that summon while you wait for the 3 and a half minute cinematic to end?

stab my hear-
t because yo-
ure bored

Avatar: stab my heart because youre bored's Avatar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

Yeah, I’ve always wanted them to do SOMETHING else with FFVIII. I still think in terms of gameplay, and definitely story and characters, it was better than FFVII and can easily compete with most of the games in the series.

idk just replaying and 7 and 8 was fun i want them to remake them with not **** graphics

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

I was never a big fan of 8. Only chracters I really liked where Laguna and Kiros.

Ok and Seifer was pretty cool.

Though give me 6 anyday. Log in to see images!

o0-M00N_KriK-
37-0o

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

i only play digimon gamesLog in to see images!

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

i’ve played 1 through 10 (with the exception of 7. don’t know why that one eluded me) and i really just don’t like 8. the junctioning system was confusing simply because i would sometimes not play for a week and i would have forgotten what was junctioned to who or what effect it had on which or whatever. **** that. and squall was just sort of a ****e character. i got to the tower at the end of the game and just stopped playing because my playstation controllers died and now i have no tv to hook the playstation up to anyway.

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

... I just kind of hated Rinoa. Log in to see images!

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

I know I sure love games where most of the dialogue is composed of ”...”

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Everybodyknows Posted:

i’ve played 1 through 10 (with the exception of 7. don’t know why that one eluded me) and i really just don’t like 8. the junctioning system was confusing simply because i would sometimes not play for a week and i would have forgotten what was junctioned to who or what effect it had on which or whatever. **** that. and squall was just sort of a ****e character. i got to the tower at the end of the game and just stopped playing because my playstation controllers died and now i have no tv to hook the playstation up to anyway.

how in the **** did you dodge 7?

Seriously…

That game was on hype lists for years…

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I may get killed for this, but in many ways I liked XII most. The plot, the mechanic and all were very different, and with a couple exceptions worked very well, IMO. Of course, then they make a Japan only version with an exclusive job system(which I hate) and Trial Mode(which I love). Sigh… It’s like Kingdom Hearts 2, only enjoyable.

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

finale Posted:

I may get killed for this, but in many ways I liked XII most. The plot, the mechanic and all were very different, and with a couple exceptions worked very well, IMO. Of course, then they make a Japan only version with an exclusive job system(which I hate) and Trial Mode(which I love). Sigh… It’s like Kingdom Hearts 2, only enjoyable.

I liked Final Fantasy XII myself, but they could’ve added a replay system (similar to Star Ocean 3: Till the end of Time).

Back to FFVIII, the only thing I wish they’d do to update it is the ingame graphics (the CGI/FMV cutscenes were fine). Everything else about FFVIII was pretty good.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Vince Russo Posted:

how in the **** did you dodge 7?

Seriously…

That game was on hype lists for years…

wasn’t intentional, i meant to buy it and somehow just forgot about it.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Dante Kinkade Posted:

Though give me 6 anyday. Log in to see images!

Same. 3 was, by far, the best.

MuddyBallzFl-
ap

[1337 House]

Level 15 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Ehh, 8 was alright. I never finished it for some reason, as I neared the end, my characters were way too weak to survive. I probably missed something huge and therefore a lot of experience.

I really liked 5, 6 and 7. I loved the job system in 5, 6 had such a great plot and wonderfully developed characters, and 7 was simply a clbumic. 8 had some characters I really liked, but it just wasn’t as cohesive to me. Since I was in college, I haven’t had as much time to try the newer ones…I’d play and by the time I went back to them, I couldn’t remember what I was supposed to do.

How about Chrono Trigger? Chrono Cross was such a disappontment…

Unintelligen-
cer

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

Wait????

There are other games than Pokemons?

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

MuddyBallzFlap Posted:

Ehh, 8 was alright. I never finished it for some reason, as I neared the end, my characters were way too weak to survive. I probably missed something huge and therefore a lot of experience.

I really liked 5, 6 and 7. I loved the job system in 5, 6 had such a great plot and wonderfully developed characters, and 7 was simply a clbumic. 8 had some characters I really liked, but it just wasn’t as cohesive to me. Since I was in college, I haven’t had as much time to try the newer ones…I’d play and by the time I went back to them, I couldn’t remember what I was supposed to do.

How about Chrono Trigger? Chrono Cross was such a disappontment…

Not really. Final Fantasy VIII’s leveling system made it that whatever your party’s average level was, the enemy would be that level.

Let’s say you had one level 100 character, a level 10, and a level 40 character. Well add that up to 150, divide by 3 to get 50 as the average. So the enemy would be level 50. The last boss in FFVIII, Ultimecia, has a maximum level of 65/75 (I forget which right now), yet every other enemy has no level cap.

However, you did quite frankly miss tons of things I’m sure. Depends on where you stopped playing really.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

No one said it yet, so I will. VIII had the hottest lady. Quistis Trepe coulda had me bebes if she were real.

EDIT: When I was dating my wife, one of my friends mentioned that she looked like Quistis, that is eerie.

markchild edited this message on 04/04/2008 12:44PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

markchild Posted:

No one said it yet, so I will. VIII had the hottest lady. Quistis Trepe coulda had me bebes if she were real.

Lulu from X, hands down. To paraphrase Flem Comics: “Bit tittied goth chickie ftw.”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!