Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Wheels New computer challenge

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

So this comp is XP… and I’m trying to play FLV’s with windows media player and I don’t hear any audio.

I get audio with FLV player when I play the same files, but FLV player seems slow and bulky and I hate using it.

I downloaded all that K-lite **** and FFD **** or whatever and basically any codec you find Googling for a half an hour… Still no audio.

Maybe I should try a diff FLV specific player but there doesn’t seem to be one definitive good one out there. I want that **** not to slow down this ****ty computer when I open and close it or jump ahead or rewind in the video. Or you know… Just audio on the ****ing WMP, that’d work too.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Have you tried multiple FLVs? (This is a stupid question, you probably have, just making sure)

I use VLC Media Player for anything that’s not WMA or WMV. Other people will probably tell you to get Media Player Clbumic, it works good too.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack or CCCP will do the job, but I dunno if it’ll slow it down at all. It doesn’t on mine, but we’re probably running very different computers.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

megazeroexe Posted:

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack or CCCP will do the job, but I dunno if it’ll slow it down at all. It doesn’t on mine, but we’re probably running very different computers.

he’s already said that he’s used klite

CarlieGotfin-
gered

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Have you tried multiple FLVs? (This is a stupid question, you probably have, just making sure)

I use VLC Media Player for anything that’s not WMA or WMV. Other people will probably tell you to get Media Player Clbumic, it works good too.

why not use VLC for everything? Log in to see images!

Load it up in VLC and see how it is, then check it against another .flv file to make sure.

No issues with sound otherwise? ie: other formats in the same player.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

SanDyk Posted:

he’s already said that he’s used klite

That’s also why I said the mega-codec pack. People often use the basic and don’t try the mega pack because it can take upwards of 100mb, but it’s worth a shot. (but maybe he tried that too, I don’t know)

If that doesn’t work, I have no idea. Try searching the afterdawn forums? Log in to see images!

JayZJay

Avatar: 135311 2022-11-07 22:15:10 +0000

[Entropy]

Level 69 Hacker

Currrently trying to break Biden's record of little girls sniffed

Try KMPlayer. It’s quite versatile, you’ll see.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

CarlieGotfingered Posted:

why not use VLC for everything? Log in to see images!

I don’t know, it definitely can play windows media files, I’ve just always used WMP for those. I use iTunes for most of my computer music and movies anyway.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Yeah thanks, I had media player clbumic installed on my other comp but WMP worked fine on that comp, so I never messed with MPC much. It was a pretty good program though I remember. I’ll try that, and then the other players if it doesn’t work I think.

Frank Drebin

Avatar: 223877 2009-12-30 13:22:00 -0500

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Have you tried turning the volume up? Or plugging in speakers?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!