Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Diminishing returns.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

MC Banhammer Posted:

Did you spread out over multiple forums?

http://www.forumwarz.com/help/me/34-i-pwned-12-forums-yesterday-why-were-my-deliveries-so-bad

Nope, I’m only grinding one forum and one forum only. From my ****-poor Delivery it looks like only the first time a forum is pwned each day counts toward the next day’s Delivery, so the data I’m getting is only the Delivery for pwning a forum once, and not just once but the first time I pwned it that day.

That might explain why sometimes I get 600K (for 6K fans) versus 500K for my normal 5K fans. I really should start recording those. Log in to see images!

pr0n5t4r

[WeChall]

Level 40 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Edit: The fans number is just an arbitrary statistic. Unlike the wiki/game implies, the more fans you get != more junk upon rollover.

Edit2: Not the total… Just to be clear. You obviously get more fans/junk from pwning forums harder. Just like you get more Lemon Scoops. We will see tomorrow. I went luck-less (semi naked) pwning a forum and didnt even get lemons, so my junk income should be significantly less if I’m right.

The junk you get may be affected by charisma/luck, but the MAJORITY of the determining factor is the forums you pwned between rollovers.

higher forums > lower forums (or at least, previously unpwned forums)

diverse forums > repeated forums

different forums > single forum

Possibly tied to streak as well, but I highly doubt it.

I had a streak of 52 or 56 and I was pulling in hardly nothing trying to keep it going (pwning forums well below my level due to unpwned forums being well over my level).

When I did pwn a new/high level forum (2 over me), I would pull in about 1.2mil to 1.7mil (but my memory could be inaccurate..somewhere in there).

Currently, I am pwning the 7/11 Truth Movement forums and I only pull in about 100-200k daily with somewhere around 98 charisma and 70ish luck on rollover.

I think pwning crappy diverse forums > pwning one single (slightly) higher level forum.

pr0n5t4r edited this message on 04/20/2010 5:16PM

pr0n5t4r

[WeChall]

Level 40 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

100 charisma and 74 luck.

Also, I received way less junk (1 less zimbobwee at least). went down from 120k-150k down to 80k.

So pwning harder == more junk.

You could imply that the daily fan gain == more junk

But, so far, the TOTAL fans has nothing to do with junk. I still gain 2-3k fans (gain over 5k but lose about 3k daily) and still dont get more junk.

Unless, of course, the luck worn while pwning gains more fans and/or yields you more junk (contrary to the believe that wearing luck/char on rollover gains more junk).

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I think I’ve cracked it…

integer deliveryValue (luck, char, pwnage, fans, timeOfDay, weightOfAShrew) { return random(); }

NB. I have no clue what language that was even supposed to be… it seems to be a random mix of syntax from at least 2 different places. Call it pseudocode and let’s move right along.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I have always been under the impression that it worked like this:

1. Deliveries are calculated based on the total cred gained from pwning a forum (hence, higher level forums generally reward you with better deliveries), and have absolutely nothing to do with fans.

2. There is a delivery cap of ~600k flezz for each unique forum you pwn each day (streaks are not relevant).

3. Your Charisma and Luck at roll-over work as modifiers with the amount of cred earned per forum to raise the final delivery total (only up to the aforementioned cap, of course).

Thus, higher values of Charisma and Luck are more useful when you pwn low-level forums which do not give you much cred. The same levels of Charisma and Luck are less useful on high-level forums which give enough cred to result in near-max delivery values even before stat modification.

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

I have always been under the impression that it worked like this:

1. Deliveries are calculated based on the total cred gained from pwning a forum (hence, higher level forums generally reward you with better deliveries), and have absolutely nothing to do with fans.

Level cap players don’t receive any cred though, we’re not even informed of how much cred was gained. I figure since fans are based on cred as well, they’d vary proportionally with the size of deliveries.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

mterek Posted:

Level cap players don’t receive any cred though, we’re not even informed of how much cred was gained. I figure since fans are based on cred as well, they’d vary proportionally with the size of deliveries.

Just because we can’t see the cred values for pwning a forum doesn’t mean that the information isn’t being processed in the background. Fans have nothing to do with your cred; they are a representation of the average damage you deal to a forum’s threads, modified by total damage taken, and capped at 10,000 (i.e., if I deal 8000 damage per hit, it takes me 10 turns to pwn a forum, and I take a total of 20000 damage in those 10 turns, I will earn ((8000*10)-20000)/10 = 6000 fans).

I virtually always get 10,000 fans from the two forums I’m currently grinding for .moars, so thread count (and by extension, “cred earned” ) is the only meaningful variable left in examining the reasons for unstable delivery totals.

BobTheSqueakyWeasel edited this message on 04/22/2010 12:13AM

pr0n5t4r

[WeChall]

Level 40 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Are you sure you get more cred (experience basically) from pwning a forum harder? I know you get more fans.

I would think over-damaging a forum wouldn’t get you more cred.

I pwn a forum with an average of 180 hp per thread. I do around 1200-1800 depending on the equips I wear. If I go practically naked, I do 800 dmg and gain way less fans and deliveries (didn’t check cred gained).

If cred is based on a forum level (excluding threads as that is total), then why wouldnt the deliveries be based on just that (levels)?

Come to think of it, it boils down to only one of two things:

cred gain (if pwning harder gives more cred)

level period or level relative to your own (like bonuses for pwning above your own)

the only way that fans gained daily could have any affect is if it is combined with the level of the forum. I think it would be kinda dumb to have a secondary statistic that is hidden away when you have a perfectly good one.

level of forum (maybe give bonus or penality for relativity to your own level)

modified by fans/pwnage/cred gain for said forum

then finally by luck/charisma at rollover

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Fans have nothing to do with your cred; they are a representation of the average damage you deal to a forum’s threads, modified by total damage taken, and capped at 10,000 (i.e., if I deal 8000 damage per hit, it takes me 10 turns to pwn a forum, and I take a total of 20000 damage in those 10 turns, I will earn ((8000*10)-20000)/10 = 6000 fans).

damage

derp

Yeah, I should probably look at “damage done” per thread. That wouldn’t be too much of a hbumle.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!