Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Listen people, unban was.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

That ban length was stupid as hell. PANTS and MST didn’t get as long for deleting all the klans. Tubs didn’t get as long for getting into someone else’s account.

No wonder JB needs to find new mods. Log in to see images!

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

scully Posted:

That ban length was stupid as hell. PANTS and MST didn’t get as long for deleting all the klans. Tubs didn’t get as long for getting into someone else’s account.

No wonder JB needs to find new mods. Log in to see images!

Those juiceboxes look like bananas!

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

Mister Pugs Posted:

Those juiceboxes look like bananas!

And I miss was, he was one of my good friends and I didn’t even get to say goodbye Log in to see images!

Claine

Avatar: 124948 Tue Feb 24 04:07:52 -0500 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Haha no surprise those Bananaboxes are Japanese.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Claine Posted:

Haha no surprise those Bananaboxes are Japanese.

Nicco said in IRC that was requested the ban, but idk. Even if he didn’t request it he would have been banned for however much toxxing on 20 BP is worth, which really wouldn’t be that long anyway.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

He was banned for having standards.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I can’t take the stress of being the governor is his place. I demand was be restored to us!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Do we have a proper yawn emote. i feel that is how i can express myself whenever these threads are made.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

I don’t care about this was situation, but I do want one of those banana-looking juice boxes.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I miss was.

But yes, he did request the length of the ban. Log in to see images!

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Goddamn, how are you obliged to ban a user for how much he requests? I don’t see the reason in it; ban him for how much the whatever-he’s-done is worth and that’s all. Ban requests should be regarded as trolling. Also, if a user gets banned for 1 month and he just ‘requests’ he wants a shorter one, what do you do? It’s basically the same thing.

And if you miss was, just shorten his ban to the toxx ban he deserved and that’s all.

Teh Cezar edited this message on 04/08/2010 3:08AM

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Teh Cezar Posted:

Goddamn, how are you obliged to ban a user for how much he requests? I don’t see the reason in it; ban him for how much the whatever-he’s-done is worth and that’s all. Ban requests should be regarded as trolling. Also, if a user gets banned for 1 month and he just ‘requests’ he wants a shorter one, what do you do? It’s basically the same thing.

And if you miss was, just shorten his ban to the toxx ban he deserved and that’s all.

you are honestly getting stuppider

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Teh Cezar Posted:

A lot of people request bans because they just have stuff to do irl and don’t need to be tempted by fwz, or in was’ case, they just want attention. Either way it’s what they wanted so the mods are nice enough to oblige.

tl;dr basically what chawin said

Skyman747 edited this message on 04/08/2010 3:17AM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

This thread makes me sad, for I too miss was.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

spacekadt Posted:

I miss was.

I can’t actually read the Governor’s mind, but it felt like that request was in response to the initial ban being stupid.

The contest called for avatars based on the Governor thing. The majority of entries are just full size images from Google. Most people were clearly just flinging **** at the wall. He made an attempt to warn people that the contest would be canceled, and the response was tons of images that have nothing to do with the contest theme including pics from the April Fools prank and JB’s contest.

Honestly, compared to previous av contests held on here the entries were pathetic.

You know I understand why there needs to be some form of insurance that a contest is legit, but look at JB’s recent contest. He clearly didn’t get what he wanted and only paid out because everyone was whiny about it. In the real world many contests end without a winner because the entrants fail to deliver.

Perhaps the thing to do in the future is to just leave a contest open ended like the Flamebate whoring contests.

I’m tired and have no interest in finishing this note.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scully Posted:

I can’t actually read the Governor’s mind, but it felt like that request was in response to the initial ban being stupid.

The contest called for avatars based on the Governor thing. The majority of entries are just full size images from Google. Most people were clearly just flinging **** at the wall. He made an attempt to warn people that the contest would be canceled, and the response was tons of images that have nothing to do with the contest theme including pics from the April Fools prank and JB’s contest.

Honestly, compared to previous av contests held on here the entries were pathetic.

You know I understand why there needs to be some form of insurance that a contest is legit, but look at JB’s recent contest. He clearly didn’t get what he wanted and only paid out because everyone was whiny about it. In the real world many contests end without a winner because the entrants fail to deliver.

Perhaps the thing to do in the future is to just leave a contest open ended like the Flamebate whoring contests.

I’m tired and have no interest in finishing this note.

I don’t disagree with you about his request. And if he wants to come back, it’s been enough time for the toxx and I’m happy to let him back if he asks.

As for toxxing, I’m torn. Because I see your logic, but it *was* a toxx. I know he was looking for something specific-ish and no one came through… is it worth a task force discussion to see about contests with the ability to not pay out so long as it’s stated in the original post? It couldn’t be just any contest, imo, but ones that are looking for very specific requirements that don’t come through. It could get messy, though.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

spacekadt Posted:

I don’t disagree with you about his request. And if he wants to come back, it’s been enough time for the toxx and I’m happy to let him back if he asks.

As for toxxing, I’m torn. Because I see your logic, but it *was* a toxx. I know he was looking for something specific-ish and no one came through… is it worth a task force discussion to see about contests with the ability to not pay out so long as it’s stated in the original post? It couldn’t be just any contest, imo, but ones that are looking for very specific requirements that don’t come through. It could get messy, though.

But then it’s not a contest. Log in to see images! If somebody’s looking for something specific and feels that what they want might not be presented, then it shouldn’t be in the contest forum; just put it in RP/another acceptable CD area. That way you can’t break toxx, but if you’re a respected-enough player like Was, people will probably believe you anyway.

I’m indifferent on the ban, I just wanted to say that Log in to see images!

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

megazeroexe Posted:

But then it’s not a contest. Log in to see images! If somebody’s looking for something specific and feels that what they want might not be presented, then it shouldn’t be in the contest forum; just put it in RP/another acceptable CD area. That way you can’t break toxx, but if you’re a respected-enough player like Was, people will probably believe you anyway.

I’m indifferent on the ban, I just wanted to say that Log in to see images!

Makes good sense though…

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

spacekadt Posted:

I miss was.

Doesn’t mean you have to listen. Infact, lets not overthink this. You could just undo the ban without even giving any more reason than ‘that’s long enough’ Log in to see images!

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Doesn’t mean you have to listen. Infact, lets not overthink this. You could just undo the ban without even giving any more reason than ‘that’s long enough’ Log in to see images!

Everyone is missing the obvious here: just because was gets unbanned doesn’t mean he would instantly come back and/or not just get immediately banned again (see ****tard). If he requested the ban, he might legitimately want to stay gone that long.

I like was, and hope he comes back, but I liked a lot of people who didn’t return after a long ban. We need to be realistic here.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!