Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rage um wtf is up with youtube

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I mean the way they did the comments is kind of cool… but there’s no ****ing ratings any more! I mean it was always nice seeing the rating and knowing for the most part if something was a piece of **** before watching it. All I can say is they better bring that back or that is seriously ****ed.

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Yeah it’s stupid but it’s just like facebook and every other stupid internet thing with millions of users, they can make it as ****ty as they want and we’ll still use it.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Man they got retards running that site. I googled it; apparently people only use 1 and 5 star ratings so now you just up/down vote — THAT’S NOT THE POINT! THE POINT IS SEEING HE ****ING RATING! I DON’T SEE THE ****ING RATING!

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Yeah it’s stupid but it’s just like facebook and every other stupid internet thing with millions of users, they can make it as ****ty as they want and we’ll still use it.

ITT we reminisce about old websites that became ****ty.

Remember GeoCities and eGroups before Yahoo bought them?

Remember Homestead Sitebuilder?

Remember Neopets before Viacom bought them?

If so, then you’re old.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I’m surprised someone has yet to write an internet law about websites like this. It seems that whenever a ‘social networking’ site has appeal for being efficient and entertaining in some way, as more people use the service, mandatory layout changes start occurring that make things more ‘messy’, leading to a drop in use.

I look at Facebook as the primary offender. MySpace was before my time, but even when I started looking at MySpace pages they were already splattered like Pablo Picbumo puke. But Facebook, I used that when it was college-only and it was an effective networking tool for people I knew and people I wanted to meet. In fact, several of my current friends I met by searching for shared interests, since if we have shared interests it’s more likely we’d hit it off well.

Now though, with all the microblogging, games and the ****-poor layout, the original resume-style functionality of the site is all but gone, and the privacy filters pretty much restrict people from finding other people to network with.

YouTube is going the same thing, Google is trying to turn it into a social networking site with videos instead of pictures. That’s all well and good, I’ll just wait for another streaming site where I can get my copyrighted material. Log in to see images!

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

mterek Posted:

I’m surprised someone has yet to write an internet law about websites like this. It seems that whenever a ‘social networking’ site has appeal for being efficient and entertaining in some way, as more people use the service, mandatory layout changes start occurring that make things more ‘messy’, leading to a drop in use.

I look at Facebook as the primary offender. MySpace was before my time, but even when I started looking at MySpace pages they were already splattered like Pablo Picbumo puke. But Facebook, I used that when it was college-only and it was an effective networking tool for people I knew and people I wanted to meet. In fact, several of my current friends I met by searching for shared interests, since if we have shared interests it’s more likely we’d hit it off well.

Now though, with all the microblogging, games and the ****-poor layout, the original resume-style functionality of the site is all but gone, and the privacy filters pretty much restrict people from finding other people to network with.

YouTube is going the same thing, Google is trying to turn it into a social networking site with videos instead of pictures. That’s all well and good, I’ll just wait for another streaming site where I can get my copyrighted material. Log in to see images!

Well hey! Its Dirty Birdy’s mammary glands! Log in to see images!

King Jazza

Avatar: 112664 2010-03-26 06:14:26 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 69 Troll

Hail to the King baby

Better question, what’s up with this kid? – www.youtube.com/kingjazzad12

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society!!!

FAP FAP FAP!!!

SOMETIMES, I WISH I COULD STILL TOUCH CHILDREN!

I DO IT FOR TEH LULZ!

CHUCK NORRIS IS JESUS!

BUCKETHEAD IS GOD!

CABAGGE!!!!!!!!!

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-FX_rHGFSE

sdgrbbum09

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

King Jazza Posted:

Better question, what’s up with this kid? – www.youtube.com/kingjazzad12

That’s not actually you, is it? But if it is, as a guitarist myself I have a tip for you:

Your thumb is not for fretting notes.

GGG_Ace

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLOLOL UTUBES’ NEW LAYOUT IS FOR TEH WIN GUIZE!!!!!!!!!

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Really huh? Nobody really cares about the ratings too much? Wow.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Celerysteve Posted:

I think everyone cares about ratings, you’ve just voiced their opinions so eloquently there’s nothing left to add.

sdgrbbum09

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Celerysteve Posted:

It’s a little annoying because you can’t give a video a so-so rating, it’s either ****ING AMAZING, BEST THING EVER or COMPLETE UTTER ****. It does tell you how many people think it’s AMAZING or **** though. But if you want to do some math, you can find the “rating”. It’s something like this:

(5x+1y/5z)*5 if x=Likes, y=dislikes , and z=total votes. I’m on the video for HIM’s “Heartkiller” (because I’m a fabulous person with poor taste in music) and it’s got 2272 Likes, 145 Dislikes, and 2419 total votes, so ((2272*5)+(145)/(2419*5))*5= around 4.76.

So yeah, it’s totally not worth the effort.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

It’s a little annoying because you can’t give a video a so-so rating, it’s either ****ING AMAZING, BEST THING EVER or COMPLETE UTTER ****. It does tell you how many people think it’s AMAZING or **** though. But if you want to do some math, you can find the “rating”. It’s something like this:

(5x+1y/5z)*5 if x=Likes, y=dislikes , and z=total votes. I’m on the video for HIM’s “Heartkiller” (because I’m a fabulous person with poor taste in music) and it’s got 2272 Likes, 145 Dislikes, and 2419 total votes, so ((2272*5)+(145)/(2419*5))*5= around 4.76.

So yeah, it’s totally not worth the effort.

Yeah, I know you’re just saying, but the whole point is seeing the rating before you click on it. I’d even be happy with a percentage like on the myspace videos; ****, give me something.

Celerysteve edited this message on 04/04/2010 2:47PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

This fixes, like, 90% of the problem…

aussie114 — April 08, 2010 — If you want to skip the start and get straight into the tutorial go to 2:15 minutes,

First install the firefox add-on “grease Monkey” and then install the 4 scripts, its

very simple

links:

Grease monkey firefox add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Scripts:

Show Video Rating Stars in Related Videos List: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73355

Show Video Rating Stars in Search Results: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73296

Show Stars and Rating on Video Page: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73110

show likes/dislikes: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73758

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!