Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ This -5 **** is exploitable.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Okay, I have a confession, first. Back when -3 was in effect, RPGam worked on killing all opposition. It’s how I got up a style when I really shouldn’t have: we downvoted all other entries until mine survived.

Now, this -5 is harder, but if you have a large klan (not that hard), hypothetically, locking down a minor division like ideas, logos, or styles wouldn’t be impossible.

I’m just saying.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

You’d have to use an instant messaging system.

Like, oh, IRC.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Well, you don’t even have to be that coordinated. There just has to be enough users down-voting every submission that isn’t there’s for it to all come down to luck.

Seriously…if you’re going for a particular E-Peen, you almost have to spend all your submissions on one type of submission, just because some of them are going to be hate-voted out of the running. Log in to see images!

Kerridwen_Ka-
li

Level 29 Emo Kid

I HEART CANADIANS!

Honestly, is it really that important to you?

****, I need to go write some more emo poetry. Log in to see images!

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I actually thought of this, as well as probably a lot of people. This really needs to be worked on.

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Whatever, if people wanna be huge fabulous persons than they will find a way to downvote everything they want. I think the system is about as good as it can be, especially since mods say they warned extreme downvoters. I think it has gotten much better the last 2 weeks than it used to be.

Mister Hand

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I suppose one way to combat this is to limit people to voting in, say, 10 random entries per type. This not only lessens the impact of serial downvoters, it also helps prevent coordinated upvoting as well.

rohina

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 10 Troll

Queen of Mean

If there were a limited number of votes per person per week, perhaps you could also earn more votes based on your forumbuildr score?

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

If votes were limited per week, any submissions coming after Monday morning would be pretty much dead on arrival; they’d never get enough up votes. Maybe a max # of votes per day?

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

It is very exploitable. All forumbuildr forums should be deleted until it is fixed.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

[b]I DOWNVOTED EVERYONE AND USED THE EXPLOIT, CAN I HAVE A CUSTOM E-PEEN?[/bfail]

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Maybe they should factor in forumbuilder voting ratio into your forumbuilder score. So if you have a natural score of 10 but a voting ratio of .5, your final score would be 5.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

This doesn’t take into consideration that there is a lot of crap that gets submitted. Seriously, I read every submission before I vote, and while on occasion I change my mind after the vote, usually, if I upvote, it’s because it was clever, humorous, entertaining, or at least original in some way. If I downvote, it’s usually because it’s drek.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!