Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rage So I was able to stomach enough of episode 3 to get to the Spitfire451 I wrote...

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

There, I posted a cartoon villain. Am I cool now?

Joseph of Suburbia Posted:

im about to do a fuknig pirouette off the handle numpnuts if you dont find this completely hilarious i guess you are just completely dumb geez dont you get this is the funniest stuff ever

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I didn’t write it as Sideshow bob, that’s just a generalized comparison. I didn’t even think of him until I decided to make this thread and googled stuff for ideas http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=offLog in to see images!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

And that’s why you were — wait for it — “fired.” Heh, heh.

It should be pretty obvious that the character was yelling “fire” to cause panic in the reader, not because he was channeling Cornholio.

But yes, point taken. You often have to play to your audience. If you want to read poetry, there are plenty of other sites for that.

Anyway, I think I have your original script somewhere, if you’ve resolved to share it with the clbum.

It was kind of short I’ll admit. You often have to play to your audience’s attention span. However, it wasn’t fleshed out even vaguely in the smooth brandy-sipping style I laid for the foundation. You can tell who wrote what; it’s night and day.

And if there’s anybody in the world who hates poetry, it’s me. But this **** was a cool away to introduce the character:

Some say the world will end in fire;

Some say in ice.

From what I’ve tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

Were you afraid you’d get sued or something? You kept the suicidal tendencies reference.

Anyway, do what you want, but I think we need to focus on the Merc mission right now.

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Steve, I’m pretty sure that every person who has written for somebody else has had their favorite, pet part of their “masterpiece” edited in a way they didn’t like. All you’re doing by acting like a princess about it is showing everybody how difficult you are to work with.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

plk Posted:

Steve, I’m pretty sure that every person who has written for somebody else has had their favorite, pet part of their “masterpiece” edited in a way they didn’t like. All you’re doing by acting like a princess about it is showing everybody how difficult you are to work with.

Actually I could care less at this point. I’m responding to JB and you’re cluttering up our ensuing repartee with your bland observations. Go sit in the corner.

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Celerysteve Posted:

Actually I could care less at this point. I’m responding to JB and you’re cluttering up our ensuing repartee with your bland observations. Go sit in the corner.

So sorry. You were acting like you’d never written in anything other than your own diary and I was trying to fill you in.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

plk Posted:

So sorry. You were acting like you’d never written in anything other than your own diary and I was trying to fill you in.

I hope you like my new edit. I think it sounds much better.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Celerysteve Posted:

I hope you like my new edit. I think it sounds much better.

I’m just glad I could give you something to work with.

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I think Steve’s “eloquent psychopath” take, as well as the Frost quote, could have been done. The Frost quote could still go in somewhere, technically.

Steve, I just thought your draft was too rough, short and a bit choppy. Your theme didn’t come off in a smooth enough way to be engaging, and it didn’t really have the sort of short-attention-span humor the game needed.

I did try to preserve many of your good ideas and references while fleshing out the rest and, yes, making it more low-brow. Because of how abrupt and unrefined the original mission was, it was bound to end up feeling different than how you left it.

I’m not going to sit here and take jabs at you, and imply that you didn’t have any good ideas. You did. I hope enough were left in that you’re at least a tiny fraction of satisfied. In the end, I had to make decisions to play to the audience and bloat the character into the fat pants of FWZ.

You were a douchebag in general during the project, but I give credit where it is due. You had some good themes and ideas, and they were plenty welcome to work with.

—Bashy

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Bashy Posted:

I think Steve’s “eloquent psychopath” take, as well as the Frost quote, could have been done. The Frost quote could still go in somewhere, technically.

Steve, I just thought your draft was too rough, short and a bit choppy. Your theme didn’t come off in a smooth enough way to be engaging, and it didn’t really have the sort of short-attention-span humor the game needed.

I did try to preserve many of your good ideas and references while fleshing out the rest and, yes, making it more low-brow. Because of how abrupt and unrefined the original mission was, it was bound to end up feeling different than how you left it.

I’m not going to sit here and take jabs at you, and imply that you didn’t have any good ideas. You did. I hope enough were left in that you’re at least a tiny fraction of satisfied. In the end, I had to make decisions to play to the audience and bloat the character into the fat pants of FWZ.

You were a douchebag in general during the project, but I give credit where it is due. You had some good themes and ideas, and they were plenty welcome to work with.

—Bashy

I don’t know, Bashy. How does a guy retort to that? I mean, basically you knowing male reproductive organ-all is essentially what it comes down to. Not to be critical, but that’s really about the sum of it.

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I was being nice to you, Steve, though I had no reason to be.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

Unfortunately for you, your opinion that your efforts and personality were God’s Awesome was dwarfed during this project by those whose opinion was that you could go **** yourself.

As a result, **** happened, man. You’re not in a position to start calling people idiots. You’re just not. I don’t know what else to tell you. Since you wasted the olive branch I kindly laid out for you, I have nothing more to say.

Betty Page

Avatar: 81460 Thu Dec 11 12:43:14 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 25 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Bashy Posted:

OOOH! Now post that Willy Wonka “Good day, Sir” .gif that he’s always posting!

CarlieGotfin-
gered

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Sorry guys, imma let you finish, but the Suicidal Tendencies reference was the greatest reference in ep3.

P.S.

Betty Page Posted:

OOOH! Now post that Willy Wonka “Good day, Sir” .gif that he’s always posting!

Log in to see images! CarlieGotfingered edited this message on 04/01/2010 11:50PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Bashy Posted:

I was being nice to you, Steve, though I had no reason to be.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

Unfortunately for you, your opinion that your efforts and personality were God’s Awesome was dwarfed during this project by those whose opinion was that you could go **** yourself.

As a result, **** happened, man. You’re not in a position to start calling people idiots. You’re just not. I don’t know what else to tell you. Since you wasted the olive branch I kindly laid out for you, I have nothing more to say.

That’s right. I didn’t play along on the apprentice. You did. I’m very happy for you. Of course, that has zero to do with the fact you edited a veritable modern clbumic with all the competence of a three-year-old with a box of crayons. You know this, and that’s why you chose to side step the unflattering and indisputable truth — that essentially you complimented my work like a mustache on the Mona Lisa — instead you have spent all your effort attacking this straw man about me generally not taking the apprentice seriously enough and proven absolutely nothing, except maybe how bitter you are that I called you on it.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I think you both lose since you’re arguing over the merit of four small, forgettable lines in a small, forgettable game. Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Johnny Mac Posted:

I think you both lose since you’re arguing over the merit of four small, forgettable lines in a small, forgettable game. Log in to see images!

That was one example. And it’s not so much what he took away, but what he put in.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Johnny Mac Posted:

I think you both lose since you’re arguing over the merit of small, forgettable lines in a small, forgettable game. Log in to see images!

Sorry here you go.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Johnny Mac Posted:

Sorry here you go.

Yeah, I suppose we should make better use of our time posting pictures of cheese or something.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

ur a fart

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

IDK man, like, wasn’t writing for the apprentice, like a job? Meaning that you provide the material that the client requests regardless of what your own ‘artistic merits’ are?

So what if Bashy edited it in way you didn’t like? He obviously did so in a way that was approved by JB and CZ meaning that he provided the material that the client wanted regardless of whether or not it was **** in the end. If the client wants ****, you give them ****. That’s business and that’s professional writing (as crappy as it is).

Stop being a whiny **** about it dude. The forum can only take so much of your ****ing ego in one day.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

instead of writing, maybe consider a career in Feng shui?

This is the part where Single Tingle turns into Double Trouble and ends up in

If you don’t fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!