Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll IDEA: "Advanced Role-Playing" subforum

xxEmoxKidxx

Avatar: 102681 2011-08-02 00:21:53 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

It’s not a bad idea if

A) Moderated properly

B) Used Correctly By Users

C) Allowing RP outside of clbum

But we all know either A or B will almost never happen.

Mathew Jonson

Avatar: 96817 2010-03-01 18:20:48 -0500

[Fire Robin Ward In-
itiative
]

Level 61 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

duca Posted:

I honestly don’t think this will do anything. If people wanted to seriously roleplay they would. They just don’t

Having a ‘private’ or ‘unique’ forum won’t change the fact that no one has any good ideas or the time to do it. It also won’t change that the people who took it seriously left a very long time ago.

Go ahead and make it but I don’t see it working. The user base has changed. Accept it, move on. People from 4Chan and ED do not want to pretend to be a emo kid.

This is very true. Log in to see images!

I personally wouldn’t be eager to participate in such a forum either. Why? Because there would be even less activity than on the normal forums and because it would be rather exhausting to deal with all the guys who are “trying too hard”. LHO is actually right about saying that too much RP can be annoying, especially if someone tries to force you into it. The most entertaining RP characters here never had that much trouble with “RP hate” anyway.

And the highest enjoyment I got from Flamebate wasn’t caused by the most cleverly thought out character. The posters I enjoyed the most (and I’m pretty sure, others did, too) usually didn’t take themselves too seriously. And often, it weren’t even particular people, but rather group dynamics that made Flamebate fun. And this is what’s missing: There’s absolutely nothing going on here anymore. No people worth making fun of, no super-drama regarding certain bans or admin actions or anything, no klan warfare, no rule bending, nothing. Even when h0g left, not much really happened in the RP section. Log in to see images!

If I started a thread one year ago, 75% of the posts in there would have been pretty lame already, but I would have definitely found something to continue the thread. If I start a thread today, I don’t even have to bother looking into it again.

Mathew Jonson edited this message on 03/24/2010 7:26AM

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

MC Banhammer Posted:

R.I.P. Biff and Janie

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I wish people would focus their energy on doing some role-playing instead of elaborately describing how something new that hasn’t been implemented yet will fail.

Maybe you should all go back to playing your little Dungeons and Dragons games.

I hate role-play.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

R.I.P

Biff

Janie

SRSLY

The Gentlemans Club

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

You should do it because right now the normal roleplaying forums aren’t roleplaying, there just without as many rules. Test it out, it has no downsides.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Raepdog Posted:

You should do it because right now the normal roleplaying forums aren’t roleplaying, there just without as many rules. Test it out, it has no downsides.

I can think of a downside.

“****TY RPERS RUINING THE SECTION. WE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS THUS ARE BETTER THINK SOME THING IS ****TY IN THE NEW SECTION THUS WE PROTEST IT BECAUSE IT’S ****TY”

I mean, do we really want the inevitable QQ threads?

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I mean, do we really want the inevitable QQ threads?

The community ****es about everything possible as it is, so it actually couldn’t hurt.

Improved idea: don’t make the new RP forums come up when you go on flamebate, like how there’s an active topics list for CD and RP. Make it so, if it’s a subforum inside RP, it doesn’t feed to the active filter list, because it’s obvious there will be not-so-good RP and I’d really prefer not seeing a thread titled ‘Pedro and the flaming fabulous persons’ or something ****ting up the active topics list.

Natalie

[SRSLY]

Level 16 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

SRSLY is currently zombified. I’m still around, just lurching around and mumbling “braaaaaaaains” a lot.

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Anything that even slightly suggests roleplaying is better than the actual RP forums. ET had a good idea when he started it: creating a place for all the users to represent their clbumes. However, this was ruined by the obnoxious and omnipresent wannabe-trolls that thought trolling as ‘diaf diaf diaf’.

ARP would be a solution, even if only a temporary one, to save the roleplaying side of Flamebate. As someone (as I am too lazy to search for the quote again), we need storylines. And sticking to our clbumes, in this situation, would be even worse. Serious RPers should build a character, with a solid story behind. If ARP is made by good RPers into a mbumive story, it may have an influence on the quality of Flamebate. Also, note that gimmick alts are not to be considered ‘good RP’. Inspector Chelmey, Mathew Johnson and others could revive Flamebate in case of an ARP section being created, while Google Ads wouldn’t. Voting yes.

BidSquid

Avatar: 121118 Sun Jan 18 02:23:35 -0500 2009

[Honourable Order o-
f Mascots Of Corpo-
rations
]

Level 27 Permanoob

From raw materials, or I'm of my shopping. It is forced I'll in order to enjoy.

megazeroexe Posted:

or typing like the kyoubai squid.

Just a little, have sexual intercourse.

Squid RP of my defect is not limited at all. I’m using all resources, that is possible

(( what I really meant to say is that squid RP is extremely limited, and overused. Can’t do much better than that Log in to see images!

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

BidSquid Posted:

Just a little, have sexual intercourse.

Squid RP of my defect is not limited at all. I’m using all resources, that is possible

(( what I really meant to say is that squid RP is extremely limited, and overused. Can’t do much better than that Log in to see images!

So then don’t use it.

That was my point.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

megazeroexe Posted:

So then don’t use it.

That was my point.

Hence why I rarely post on that character.

I did try building some sort of RP on it, but it’s a half bumed meme within a meme. Everyone has squid-related jokes before. There’s no way I can be original with that.

Oh ****, alt reveal – brb reporting myself.

Frank The Bu-
nny

Avatar: 228121 2010-03-17 14:12:55 -0400

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I hereby promise to find a good way to post. Hell, I’m a character in an awesome movie, I deserve some respect!

EmSee Hamban-
ner

Avatar: 77011 Mon Dec 29 10:38:43 -0500 2008

[TribeGirl]

Level 59 Permanoob

halp et fix this ssoon thx

Teh Cezar Posted:

sticking to our clbumes, in this situation, would be even worse

taht wud mayk itt imposibull 4 mosst hckerz 2 roll pla. moss “hakerz” doh!nt no a thro eksepshun from a gobackto

Frank The Bu-
nny

Avatar: 228121 2010-03-17 14:12:55 -0400

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

EmSee Hambanner Posted:

taht wud mayk itt imposibull 4 mosst hckerz 2 roll pla. moss “hakerz” doh!nt no a thro eksepshun from a gobackto

That’s exactly what I meant. You can’t roleplay as a hacker. In my opinion, only Karl Koch is doing it right. That’s why we need unique characters, irrespective of the clbumes.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

This post is in reply to the conversation happening in the “food” thread that has nothing to do with food.

As far as I can tell, gimmicks post only very, very occasionally, otherwise the gimmick goes stale. They’re RP, but not sustainable RP like this suggested forum is looking for.

We’ve seen some good RP here in the past, but it’s always been relatively short-lived as the character’s story ran out.

If we’re forced to choose one character and play it consistently in a “Civil RP” forum then I don’t imagine the forum activity will last long. This isn’t an RP site it’s a parody site.

Having said that: What could it hurt? Just do it imo

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

If anything it would be fun for a week.

Then I imagine it suffering the same fate as incit.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 03/24/2010 2:03PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I really don’t see how it could hurt anything. If it becomes the unfunny circlejerk some fear it will, you can just avoid reading it, right? Even if it ends up being mostly gimmick posts, I don’t see how that’s worse than Anonymous. I’d just try it and see what happens and if it’s truly terrible, well, it’s just a forum. It can be deleted or reworked again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!