Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun FFX vs FFX-2

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Ok, been going retro (if you could call it that) and playing my PS2, and one of my favorite games of all-time: FFX.

Then my girlfriend (thats right, girlfriend) let me borrow X-2 for a while.

I was sadly dissapointed at the game in general, despite praise from said girlfriend. It, quite literally, made me want to shoot myself.

How do you feel about the “first true sequel in Final Fantasy”?

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

I (that’s right, I) thought it wasn’t that bad but wasn’t that good. It was more of a storyline than a game, and didn’t really tickle my fancy in any way.

However, FFX was a great game.

CrashMurphy

Avatar: 168149 Fri Jul 31 01:41:13 -0400 2009

[Canucks]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

It appealed to me in the sense that you were able to traverse the world almost from the get-go in the Gullwings airship instead of going through the obligatory 2/3rds of the game before getting chocobos and vehicles.

But I think that X-2 was a ploy to appeal to more female gamers and to try and continue on with the Tidus/Yuna love story thing even if he was dead or whatever.

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

I regret buying X-2 because I coulda spent that 20 bucks on a better game like (insert almost any game here) or just a steak at a restaurant.

My gay friend loved it though so I gave it to him

Mazzon

[Too sexy for membe-
rs
]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

X2 wasn’t really all that bad, it just wasn’t a Final Fantasy game. It was a game for people entertained by constant costume changes (I bumume that’s somewhere in the X-chromosome) and the concept of a megatonberry.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

From the standpoint of somebody who can’t get over how “deep” and “tragic” FFX was, I can see how X-2’s more lighthearted tone might be upsetting, but I didn’t find it all that bad, to be honest. I really enjoyed the battle system, even if the concept of Dresspheres was eerily reminiscent of a Barbie advertisement. Actually, nearly all of the game’s mechanics were well-executed. The plot and soundtrack are a bit shallow, but the mini-games and combat more than make up for that, at least for me.

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

From the standpoint of somebody who can’t get over how “deep” and “tragic” FFX was, I can see how X-2’s more lighthearted tone might be upsetting, but I didn’t find it all that bad, to be honest. I really enjoyed the battle system, even if the concept of Dresspheres was eerily reminiscent of a Barbie advertisement. Actually, nearly all of the game’s mechanics were well-executed. The plot and soundtrack are a bit shallow, but the mini-games and combat more than make up for that, at least for me.

^this

X-2 had a much more interactive battle system and gave a lot more options when it came to building a party, albeit some were just there for funsies trainer dressphere, anyone?. It’s true. As a story, X-2 was clearly inferior in depth, but as a game, X-2 was clearly more fun. If I really wanted to grind the same mobs over and over in a simple turn-based style game, I’d just go buy the latest pokemonLog in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

X-2 did have a great battle system, and once you got to the third chapter it stops being so full of rainbows and retardation at least.

In all honesty I find it hard to really place Final Fnatasys in the same category as each other since there is often so little similar kept between them. Dragon Quest kept the same basic battle system since #1 but Final Fantasy has changed EVERYTHING from one game to another. There are so few aspects kept across the entire series that it’s mostly a name now.

However they at least put effort into the franchise so that keeps them pumping out good games at least.

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

I didn’t like the water sport thing in X-2, wasn’t as fun as before Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

X-2’s battle system was great, a slight throwback to the abilities in IX, which was my favorite FF. The game is very enjoyable if you’re not stupid and insecure. It’s just one of those games that you don’t want anyone walking in on you playing. Goddamn that opening sequence.

And yeah blitzball got dumbed down but I had enough of it in X.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/23/2010 6:08PM

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

**** blitzball

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

Chawin Posted:

**** blitzball

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

megazeroexe Posted:

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Chawin Posted:

**** blitzball

ms-karen

Avatar: 215275 2009-12-24 20:16:17 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I love Tidus, but the “good/perfect” endings kinda ruined the epicness of FFX’s ending, with him randomly appearing in the ocean. I also hate what they did with Yuna, her personality changed so much, and it was weird how even though she saved the world 2 years ago people treat her like crap (I don’t think she even got a statue, did she?)

But aside from that, I liked it, it doesn’t have the same tragic ‘end of world’ mood most FF games do, which was a nice change, and I enjoyed seeing the old characters and revisiting Spira knowing no one’s gonna die at the end.

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

there was a death

rip lulus vag

you will never be the same after shooting out that ginger monstrosity

Kerrigan - Q-
ueen of Blad-
es

Avatar: 196463 2011-11-26 01:50:06 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 15 Hacker

At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen **** of the Universe.

ms-karen Posted:

I love Tidus, but the “good/perfect” endings kinda ruined the epicness of FFX’s ending, with him randomly appearing in the ocean. I also hate what they did with Yuna, her personality changed so much, and it was weird how even though she saved the world 2 years ago people treat her like crap (I don’t think she even got a statue, did she?)

But aside from that, I liked it, it doesn’t have the same tragic ‘end of world’ mood most FF games do, which was a nice change, and I enjoyed seeing the old characters and revisiting Spira knowing no one’s gonna die at the end.

Yuna was horrendous in FFX, and was made only marginally better in X-2. The one scene in FFX where Tidus is trying to get her to laugh and they fake it is atrocious.

Whenever I think of Yuna my mind returns to that scene and I can’t help but think of her as some sort of inferior Borg creation. “Yunatron has bumimilated laughter”...

She’s so wooden and bland that it shames me to compare her to the Borg as they at least understand the goal of improvement and evolution within a species to an ideal form. Even if they taint it with inorganic steel and other such machinations.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Kerrigan – Queen of Blades Posted:

Yuna was horrendous in FFX, and was made only marginally better in X-2. The one scene in FFX where Tidus is trying to get her to laugh and they fake it is atrocious.

Whenever I think of Yuna my mind returns to that scene and I can’t help but think of her as some sort of inferior Borg creation. “Yunatron has bumimilated laughter”...

She’s so wooden and bland that it shames me to compare her to the Borg as they at least understand the goal of improvement and evolution within a species to an ideal form. Even if they taint it with inorganic steel and other such machinations.

Oh snap.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

I didn’t play FFX but I know Tidus was a kid in KH, but then again every character in that game was either ripped from FF or disney so Log in to see images! Skyman747 edited this message on 03/24/2010 3:01AM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!