Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 New Domination Card - 'The Shield' does NOT work properly, needs to be fixed

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I have had a Shield activated since yesterday evening, and when I try to play a second one, it reminds me that one is currently active. No problem there. I’ve also got the option to auto replay a fresh Shield card enabled.

Just got bumholed 3 times and had a Chocolate Scoop stolen this morning. The Shield never activated.

So, FYI, The Shield is currently not working properly, so I would advise against spending scoops on it until it is fixed.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I just looked at your account and you had no shields active?

So you’re saying you had a shield active, then you got screwed anyway? You might want to take this to tubmail with me since I want to discuss how many shields you had before and after, etc.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

I definately just bumholed him twice…

Klub

[Random Insanity]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

For me, it said that I had the Shield already active, even if it’s the first time I bought it. And I didn’t have the autoequip setting on. I have a feeling it isn’t protecting me. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

My advice is to wait until Evil Trout posts here that it’s fixed. Until then, I’m suspending my attacks in my Domination bracket. I don’t think it would be fair of me to attack people that have bought Shield cards until we know that they are working properly.

Call it a temporary cease fire.

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I bought only 1 shield card,equipped it, came back a day later to find that i still have the card. I tried to use it again thinking i must have just not used it yet, but no it said the shield was allready on.I know i only bought one shild ,theres a bug here defenitily

funkytowel edited this message on 03/30/2008 4:16PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Okay guys I’ve fixed the bug. It wasn’t letting some players equip their bumhole cards.

If you were told your shield was already equipped right after buying it, it is not equipped yet!

Go in and try again, it should let you equip it this time. You will know when it’s equipped because it will be displayed as such below your list of domination cards.

Sorry for any inconveniences!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I got an error message a few times (the pic of GWB as Mary Poppins), but it is now working properly.

Thanks, E.T.!

On a side note:

I guess someone was phoning E.T.’s home this time around, huh?

Nykkel

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Does the Shield block the next card played on you regardless of who plays it? That is, let’s say you play Shield on yourself in defense, but nobody attacks you for the rest of that Domination game (wild fantasy, I know). You need a couple scoops at the deadline to win a trophy, so you play Modest Improvement on yourself.

Will Shield block it?

That would be interesting.

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’ll test that theory out right now

EDIT: I just Modest Improvemented with a shield active and it worked. It must only block bad cards.

manimal edited this message on 03/31/2008 2:29AM

Nykkel

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Thanks, manimal. That makes sense, though I half expected it to be a card that you could hose yourself with if it were played incautiously. None of the others really backfire on you, though, so I suppose this is consistent.

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

No problem man. Nice job thinking of that CZ, and I approve of the new card.

blanksuspect

[Le Guild]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

The question still stands, does it only block 1 domination card played against you before wearing off or does it block the next 2? The description could be misleading, “When played, this card will protect you from Domination cards played against you.”

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I just Peeping Tom-ed someone and saw they had 3 shields. Does this mean they don’t block Peeping Toms or did that person just not have the shields activated?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

blanksuspect Posted:

The question still stands, does it only block 1 domination card played against you before wearing off or does it block the next 2? The description could be misleading, “When played, this card will protect you from Domination cards played against you.”

It blocks one attack card. The description needs some tightening up.

manimal Posted:

I just Peeping Tom-ed someone and saw they had 3 shields. Does this mean they don’t block Peeping Toms or did that person just not have the shields activated?

They don’t block Peeping Toms. That would be too powerful.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Acid Flux Posted:

They don’t block Peeping Toms. That would be too powerful.

Though if Peeping Toms could tell you if a player had Shield active, that might make the card more useful.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

True, but if you see any Shields in hand, you can bumume there’s one active.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Evil Trout Posted:

Okay guys I’ve fixed the bug. It wasn’t letting some players equip their bumhole cards.

If you were told your shield was already equipped right after buying it, it is not equipped yet!

Go in and try again, it should let you equip it this time. You will know when it’s equipped because it will be displayed as such below your list of domination cards.

Sorry for any inconveniences!

Wait, how many cards does a Shield protect you against? I just played 4 cards in a row against DrScience, and each was blocked by a Shield. If you can’t have multiple Shields up, I think there’s a bug somewhere.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Escher Posted:

Wait, how many cards does a Shield protect you against? I just played 4 cards in a row against DrScience, and each was blocked by a Shield. If you can’t have multiple Shields up, I think there’s a bug somewhere.

A shield protects you against one card. However, after you play your first shield, you can choose an option under Domination Card Settings that will auto-equip a new shield once the old one is used.

Evil Trout edited this message on 04/02/2008 1:29PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

>.<

Okay. My apologies.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!