Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
TV Do you have what it takes? Survivor: ForumWarz! 100BP + exclusive peen

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

I always miss all the drama because of supper. That aside

plk Posted:

If you really want to know how I interpreted that, it is exactly what I said. Our attempt to pwn the threads as a group was not made until after 3pm today. That’s it. It didn’t occur to me that we were trying to do anything remotely tricky. And if you’ve read our forums like you said, you can see how we shut down any talk of tricky things like interrupting the other team.

this and

spacekadt Posted:

As for the 24 hours to question/argue – not ONE of us on the tribe had the slightest question as to whether it would be allowed. We had other questions, as you well know, and people had to be set straight on a few things in your rules… but for not.one.person to even question it makes me think it was easily interpreted as it was *due to context*.

On my honor and a male reproductive organ this is true. It never even crossed my mind that we were doing something ‘shady’. Its obviously a context thing now, so what ever will be, will be.

“Que Sera, Sera”

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

And I had not the slightest question that the intent of using 12 visits was a given, because I am NOT a serious domfabulous person.

But all this aside — here’s the thing. It was not my intention for you to hold an additional forum, and nothing in your strategy would have changed it you hadn’t. You all still saved up 12 visits for today and used all of them. So to me, the 13th was not an integral part of your strategy unless both tribes used it, and the other tribe did not because they interpreted the rule the way I intended.

So, since not having the 13th would, in my opinion, have resulted in NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER to how you approached the task, I’m going to simply rule that the extra held forums — 7, by both someone on your tribe and Nicco’s validation — do not count. That’s as fair as I can be.

This means Two Girls One Tribe held 84 forums, while TribeGirl held 72, meaning Two Girls One Tribe wins again!

TribeGirl, I will see you in tribal council, where the second person in the game will be voted out.

spacekadt, you’re the one who posted the winning entry, and as promised I have something special for you. I’ll give it to you in your tribe forum a little bit later.

And I’ll post the full challenge here later for the viewers.

I always miss the end of a thread because I’m careposting in slow motion

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Is the problem that Two Girls One Tribe started pwning forums before the public post was made? If so, I agree that they should be penalized.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

The challenge itself:

(Called Immunity Challenge #2: Hold Them Forums!)

Me Posted:

Last week you built a shelter. Now it’s time to see if that shelter can help you. (NOTE: This was FLAVOR TEXT ONLY — your shelter does not come into play in this challenge.)

Your challenge this time is to hold concurrently, as a klan, as many forums as you can, with a minimum of forty-two. When you’ve done so, have anyone on your tribe take a full screenprint proving you’ve done so (using the http://www.forumwarz.com/domination/vanilla page), and post it in the public Survivor: ForumWarz thread. Your tribe may post only ONE screenshot in an UNEDITED post. The tribe who holds the most forums concurrently wins. The other tribe will go to tribal council, where the second person will be voted out of the game.

I also have a little something for the player who makes the winning post. I’ll let that player know what it is after the challenge.

Two Girls One Tribe, because you have one additional player, you need to sit someone out for this challenge. Keep in mind the same player cannot sit out back-to-back challenges. Who’s that going to be? You have until 11AM server time tomorrow to announce the player who’s sitting out (please do so in the public thread).

You’ll notice that I’m not posting the details of this challenge publicly. I ask that you do not as well.

Details:

You may not start your attempt until 24 hours after the public post about this challenge. Any forums held from before that time will not count. There are mods on both tribes who can verify the time of your pwning and they are encouraged to do so if they suspect foul play. These 24 hours give you plenty of time to question/argue with me about the rules.

The challenge will end 48 hours after the public post about this challenge, or whenever both tribes have posted their entries, whichever comes first.

If your post does not contain at least the minimum number of fourms (42), or is edited at all, the other tribe will automatically win.

If the number of forums held is a tie, the tiebreaker will be whoever posted first.

If neither tribe posts before the 48-hour deadline, the challenge will be extended another 24 hours, and I will post additional tiebreakers/clarifications at that time.

“Honor system” rules for this challenge:

Don’t use your alts to disrupt the other tribe’s attempts. Don’t ask anyone not playing the game to do so either.

The player sitting out needs to COMPLETELY sit out: No pwning anything (doing so could confuse the other tribe if they think you’re making your run then), no helping with timing/strategy decisions, etc.

Characters who take forums from you but are not participating in the game should be considered “natural elements” and you’ll just have to hope they don’t bother you too much, or figure out how to mitigate their interference.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Players?

After the timing issues TribeGirl had with the first challenge, for the 2nd one I gave you 24 hours to prepare and plan. Do you still feel you need that much time, or can a challenge be placed with a 24-hour window for completion, and you don’t find out about it until you log in (which could be within that 24-hour period)?

I need to keep this fair, but I’m also looking at “24 hours after the challenge is announced to allow you to plan, at least 24 hours to do the challenge, some time to get tribal council set up, 24 hours for tribal discussion, 24 hours for votes” — that’s almost five days for each challenge. I’d like to try to cut that down and would like your input on what would work for you.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I was remarking on exactly that last night.

If the challenge gets posted at the same time every time, preferably at a time when everyone is online according to their apps, I think that’s doable. Maybe allow 2-3 hours for questions before the challenge actually occurs, but 24 is overkill.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I’d like to adopt a new rule, to help move the game along, starting after the current tribal council (or after a reasonable amount of time from now):

If you don’t post in-game (or TM me about in-game issues) for 24 hours, you’re going to be considered medically evacuated and removed from the game. Exception: If you know in advance something’s going to come up you can post/TM about it and we’ll handle on a case-by-case basis. If it happens during a challenge I’ll decide whether to continue or cancel the challenge on a case-by-case basis as well.

This could potentially REALLY screw up a tribe (if more than one person doesn’t post) but let’s be realistic: Unless they’re in a tight alliance, if someone’s not communicating they’re likely to be voted out anyway, right? And if they ARE in a tight alliance, well that wasn’t very smart of the other members of that alliance.

I can see the arguments against this, but if the players are all okay with it I’d like to adopt it. Let me know (either itt or via TM). Thx.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

How do you know that we aren’t communicating a lot on IRC?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Drakodan Posted:

How do you know that we aren’t communicating a lot on IRC?

Because I have asked multiple times to be sent transcripts or summaries of such interactions, and have to this point received exactly one.

I know that yesterday’s challenge was coordinated on irc and don’t need details of “you take this forum NOW”, but I can’t make intelligent calls on the game if I don’t know what’s going on.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Posting so I don’t get evacuated Log in to see images!

UnlimitedTyy-
ppi

Avatar: 217173 2009-11-18 08:46:15 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

This new rule should be all right, a part of survivor is being around so might as well have it as a rule.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

UnlimitedTyyppi Posted:

This new rule should be all right, a part of survivor is being around so might as well have it as a rule.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Yeah, fair point. Alrighty then, no further problems from me.

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

UnlimitedTyyppi Posted:

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Two Girls One Tribe getting their first look at the new TribeGirl tribe.

spongebob-scout voted out at the last tribal council.

Look for the next challenge in your tribe forums shortly.

Two Girls One Tribe, you have two extra people, so you’ll need to sit two out, keeping in mind you cannot sit out the same person in back-to-back challenges. I’ll post more in your forum, and when you’ve decided, please post your decision here publicly.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

MC Banhammer Posted:

spongebob-scout voted out at the last tribal council.

Hardly a surprise, eh? Log in to see images!

Nicco Posted:

If you guys are wondering where spongebob-scout was, well he didn’t show up. Log in to see images!

Fran Posted:

Streaks are really important Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

plk and I will be sitting out this challenge

if you need a spokesperson other than me regarding the challenge, it’s jimmy teh re-re

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

MC Banhammer Posted:

Two Girls One Tribe, you have two extra people, so you’ll need to sit two out, keeping in mind you cannot sit out the same person in back-to-back challenges. I’ll post more in your forum, and when you’ve decided, please post your decision here publicly.

Our strategy is to lose so many people that you can’t mathematically manage to have the right number of people sitting out whilst also not sitting someone out twice in a row.

Plan’s going great so far Log in to see images!

Crazy_Smurf

Avatar: 226503 2010-03-04 22:50:54 -0500

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Amasius Posted:

Surprise? Surprise!? SURPRISE!! The clowns are coming. Parading down Main St. like we don’t know what their up to. Throwing bows and singing boast they destroy the town drive-thru daiquiri shop. MADD ain’t got nothin’ on DDAMM. Outnumbered, you see, by the octogenarian pelicans trying not to eat your cat. See what I did there, it was reposed on Bose while my jewelry flows, you know how it goes. Young folks don’t want it like that, go off and get your gat, to silence that chit-chat, right! Trick loves the kids.

Crazy_Smurf was banned for this post by Aldo_Anything

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

**** **** ****!

Guys, I know I said I’d be getting one thing a day for you for this challenge, but my — let’s call him a “supplier” — is having internet trouble and isn’t going to be able to get it restored for about a week.

So I’m REALLY sorry about this, but since we already started this challenge, I can’t really end it. I’m going to have to put this challenge, and the game, on hold until he gets back to me.

In the meantime, please keep the “I’m isolated on an island” idea intact, and don’t discuss the game, etc. That kind of stuff.

I’m going to rejigger future challenges and timing so I don’t have to deal with this kind of **** again. It won’t happen again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!