Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
TV Do you have what it takes? Survivor: ForumWarz! 100BP + exclusive peen

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

They weren’t held before the challenge. We hit the last thread on our first forums sometime after 3pm server time.

Edit: and yes, Amasius got it.

plk edited this message on 03/23/2010 5:13PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Amasius Posted:

Two ways to do that: either you run your visits at rollover (I bumume that wasn’t possible in this case because there was a certain time frame) or you prep a forum before rollover and pwn it the next day. That should be within the rules as far as I can tell. Log in to see images!

You haven’t seen all the rules yet.

But yeah, I get that. Thanks though.

Jimmy teh Re-
-Re

Avatar: 93129 Sun Jun 07 02:47:39 -0400 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Re-Re

UnlimitedTyyppi Posted:

Of course what we did is allowed

wrooppSSSIIIisisisiis121!1!Log in to see images!

@zign hurfdruf :gifft:

(It would appear that we did in fact make a mistake… however as it does say HELD BEFORE that time the trick we used was in fact legitimate as we were not holding them before that time.

This collection was when we had 91 held but shows all 13 of a few people. Should this trick, which is detailed in our Klan Forums giving MCB access to it, be deemed not allowed, we were not told in advance and he could tell them how it works if he wants to. Otherwise you could cut down our total to 85 as 7 of us still had those additional Forums held by the end)*

*Translated from Re-re

Kid Banhammer

[Two Girls One Tribe]

Level 68 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Jimmy teh Re-Re Posted:

Should this trick, which is detailed in our Klan Forums giving MCB access to it, be deemed not allowed, we were not told in advance and he could tell them how it works if he wants to.

That bumumes that I’m reading everything in every klan forum. I’m reading a lot, but the details you guys were working out were a little TOO detailed for what I look for when reading them.

Regardless, I’d like to make this point clear at least: Don’t try to “game” the game. I thought my intent was clear, but communication sometimes leaves room for interpretation. I’m not a lawyer. If you were concerned in any way that the “trick” wouldn’t be allowed, it’s up to you to bring it to me, not up to me to find it and call you on it. That falls solidly under the “honor system” clause. And I gave you guys 24 hours to ask questions.

There will be some sort of penalty, which I hope to decide soon and objectively.

EDIT: Impressive 2nd screen shot, Jimmy!

Kid Banhammer edited this message on 03/23/2010 5:34PM

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I guess I’m not sure how this was gaming the system. It’s something we’re all used to doing in dom. I thought everybody knew about it and it wouldn’t have occurred to me to ask about it.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

plk Posted:

It’s something we’re all used to doing in dom.

Log in to see images! I’ve never done it. I’m not that intense a dom player (just ask spacey).

I had something very clear in mind, and for the second time in a row it didn’t come across. This does not bode well Log in to see images!

I may pull in external judges. Or the viewers may weigh in. And we’ll see what the other tribe does (or doesn’t do) and I’ll keep pondering it.

BUT — I keep coming back to this:

me Posted:

You may not start your attempt until 24 hours after the public post about this challenge.

I am curious how you interpreted this bolded line to mean you could start work (not planning, actual work) on the challenge before the specified time.

imo the intent was pretty clear. I’m willing to allow there’s reasonable doubt, but I also think the intent is very clear.

I have in my mind how I would like to handle this, based on a criteria I use in future challenges (you’ll see it in the next one for example). I’m going to reserve it until the other tribe has submitted or the time limit expires though, and hear what the viewers have to say (and the players of course).

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

If you really want to know how I interpreted that, it is exactly what I said. Our attempt to pwn the threads as a group was not made until after 3pm today. That’s it. It didn’t occur to me that we were trying to do anything remotely tricky. And if you’ve read our forums like you said, you can see how we shut down any talk of tricky things like interrupting the other team.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

One thing I am curious about…you didn’t post what the challenge was, which is understandable considering what it is, but now that the results from one team have been posted publicly, it seems that the other team might have a disadvantage (interruption, etc) if they haven’t already completed the challenge. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CaptainDDL Posted:

One thing I am curious about…you didn’t post what the challenge was, which is understandable considering what it is, but now that the results from one team have been posted publicly, it seems that the other team might have a disadvantage (interruption, etc) if they haven’t already completed the challenge. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer Posted:

your not knowing is part of the challenge.

g7parsh

Avatar: 119206 2010-03-02 23:21:21 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

in other news…

Is that blog going to be up soon? i’d like some front row seats for this.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

g7parsh Posted:

in other news…

Is that blog going to be up soon? i’d like some front row seats for this.

Pretty sure the blog won’t be up until after this whole thing is done. It would strongly impact the game if all the players were privy to one another’s scheming.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

g7parsh Posted:

Is that blog going to be up soon?

Well no. Not at all. The blog has to wait until the season is over, otherwise it gives players an insight into the other tribe (and other players) which isn’t appropriate while they’re still playing the game.

And while I’m calling it a blog, it’s really turning more into an episode of the tv show. I’m using quotes from the players to tell the story in the same way the show doesn’t show external commentary. But every so often I’m throwing in my own words. It’s rough right now but will smooth out (as will all this teh drama) as time goes on — I’m learning everything as I do it.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

It only took us 10 minutes to complete our attempt so anyone looking to interrupt would have to sit there all day refreshing the page looking for them which would be a bit of a pain.

I personally missed the part about not holding Forums from the day before and I think many of us did since we were talking about whether or not we’d luck out with that the day before. In the end I think we’re all looking forward to having fewer players to make all of this a bit quicker and simpler so whatever they get and whatever your decision is is fine by me. I will however say this –

Kid Banhammer Posted:

You may not start your attempt until 24 hours after the public post about this challenge. Any forums held from before that time will not count.

The penalty was also stated in the rules and the penalty of 7 (My claim to how many of the 13th Forums were held by the end) or a penalty of 8 (one per person just in case) seems fitting.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

72 forums held.

If you guys are wondering where spongebob-scout was, well he didn’t show up. Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Nicco Posted:

If you guys are wondering where spongebob-scout was, well he didn’t show up. Log in to see images!

Streaks are really important Log in to see images!

Crazy_Smurf

Avatar: 226503 2010-03-04 22:50:54 -0500

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Albino trolls stealing the quarters from under your sofa. King we, all need to participate for a better living through chemistry. The chemistry of the room was off by one insanely hot temptress in red. Why red? What did the antelope do to deserve that comment? bumerflies in molbumes, worn by the American Jesus makes a saint from a sinner while the rest of us simply eat supper. Bonsai said the bunny while bathing in the juice of the blood orange. Nasty little fruit, that. Grapes are where it’s at, but the riverboat won’t allow any to cross over. By this time tomorrow, the beautiful graps will have turned into the California Raisins, be bop a woo bop. Chew-Chew Ch’Boogy while you’re at it. The famous melting clocks have never appeared to me, as many times as I’ve tried.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Crazy_Smurf Posted:

Albino trolls stealing the quarters from under your sofa. King we, all need to participate for a better living through chemistry. The chemistry of the room was off by one insanely hot temptress in red. Why red? What did the antelope do to deserve that comment? bumerflies in molbumes, worn by the American Jesus makes a saint from a sinner while the rest of us simply eat supper. Bonsai said the bunny while bathing in the juice of the blood orange. Nasty little fruit, that. Grapes are where it’s at, but the riverboat won’t allow any to cross over. By this time tomorrow, the beautiful graps will have turned into the California Raisins, be bop a woo bop. Chew-Chew Ch’Boogy while you’re at it. The famous melting clocks have never appeared to me, as many times as I’ve tried.

Make these the lyrics to the theme song. I’ll even sing it for you. Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Full paragraph to get all the context:

You may not start your attempt until 24 hours after the public post about this challenge. Any forums held from before that time will not count. There are mods on both tribes who can verify the time of your pwning and they are encouraged to do so if they suspect foul play. These 24 hours give you plenty of time to question/argue with me about the rules.

Due to the emphasis *by you* about the time of pwning, the first few words of that didn’t even register as having any meaning other than pwning the forum within the designated timeframe.

For better or worse, our team has domfabulous persons… domfabulous persons that acknowledge and use 13th forum runs. It’s a well known tactic to serious dom players and is neither cheating forumwarz, dom or imo, your rules.

Now that people have seen the chaos and bickering, I don’t feel comfortable with you selecting people to be impartial judges – not because I think you’ll make bad choices, but because I don’t think people will be impartial.

As for the 24 hours to question/argue – not ONE of us on the tribe had the slightest question as to whether it would be allowed. We had other questions, as you well know, and people had to be set straight on a few things in your rules… but for not.one.person to even question it makes me think it was easily interpreted as it was *due to context*.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Jeff Probst Posted:

When explaining this challenge to the Survivors I always give them a chance to ask questions before we run the challenge. Someone asked if they could push their boat instead of using the paddles. Usually this is a terrible idea as the water gets too deep to do any pushing and the paddles are much more effective.

So, without even consulting John Kirhoffer our Challenge Producer, I said, “Sure. Knock yourself out.” Turns out I was wrong. That one little decision completely changed the challenge. It took out all of the drama of having to figure out how to paddle while fishing for the puzzle pieces. I knew it moments after the challenge started, but there wasn’t anything I could do – the decision had been made. It was still a fair challenge, so it didn’t affect the game, but my decision changed the design of the challenge and as a result it didn’t run as well as it should. That’s all on me. I blew it.

To his credit, John Kirhoffer, our Challenge Producer, never said a word. Then again, he didn’t have to — I was painfully aware.

This relates to the discussion at hand.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

not ONE of us on the tribe had the slightest question as to whether it would be allowed.

And I had not the slightest question that the intent of using 12 visits was a given, because I am NOT a serious domfabulous person.

But all this aside — here’s the thing. It was not my intention for you to hold an additional forum, and nothing in your strategy would have changed it you hadn’t. You all still saved up 12 visits for today and used all of them. So to me, the 13th was not an integral part of your strategy unless both tribes used it, and the other tribe did not because they interpreted the rule the way I intended.

So, since not having the 13th would, in my opinion, have resulted in NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER to how you approached the task, I’m going to simply rule that the extra held forums — 7, by both someone on your tribe and Nicco’s validation — do not count. That’s as fair as I can be.

This means Two Girls One Tribe held 84 forums, while TribeGirl held 72, meaning Two Girls One Tribe wins again!

TribeGirl, I will see you in tribal council, where the second person in the game will be voted out.

spacekadt, you’re the one who posted the winning entry, and as promised I have something special for you. I’ll give it to you in your tribe forum a little bit later.

And I’ll post the full challenge here later for the viewers.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!