Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant So this is what it's come to...

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Kerrigan – Queen of Blades Posted:

I keep seeing those of you who have been around since the beginning waxing poetic over the long lost glory days of Flamebate, yet I have yet to really get a laugh out of most anything I read here. That is not to say that I don’t find some of it amusing or interesting in it’s own right but your nostalgia for a time that may never have properly existed does well to destroy any attempts of revitalization from the newer blood.

In my time observing you all here I have not seen this place as dying so much as ‘evolving’. Unfortunately for you however, you are doing so about as well as humans have ever done and find ways to stunt your own growth. I can only be so thankful that I am not there so that I don’t have to hear what confused and misguided thoughts breed such self-destruction.

Just as the Sons of Korhal and the UED before you, I fully expect your lack of unity to tear you all asunder with only the barest manipulations on my part. But worry not, for like male reproductive organroaches you will last far longer than you ought.

Kerrigan is right. The glory days of Flamebate is a myth.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I remember this discussion from when I joined nearly two years ago. I would repeat myself from the last time this thread was made, but you guys don’t want to listen to me anyway. Thats why I ran for Governor, but Evil “Robin” Trout refuses to give me the power that is due to me.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I want to listen to you was but I resent it when you share your wisdom with others.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I am committed to the public service, Malaise.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

was Posted:

I am committed to the public service, Malaise.

I am committed to my ongoing resentment of things and people.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

I am committed to thinking you both need a good spanking. Log in to see images!

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

scullyangel Posted:

Well, that’s one way to inspire more participation.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

I personally don’t believe it’s the ‘Trolls’ that are keeping people from RPing, but rather the RPers themselves. Like there aren’t enough oldfabulous persons around that if they just freaking posted they wouldn’t quickly flood the forums and override any **** that happened. No, it’s that people are either too busy or too freaking lazy to take the time to properly RP regardless of the forum.

I think Banhammer has perfectly demonstrated that you don’t need to be in the RP section of the board to have a great RP thread, just look at his recent auction threads. No all it takes is the time and effort to do it. I’m just guilty as everyone else in this. Whenever I’ve RPed in either side of the boards people have been totally either with it or left us to our own devices. I haven’t seen a lot of people ‘****ting up threads’ just for the sake of ****ting it up. It’s just that I get lazy and don’t bother to do it. Hell these days I barely have time to check my main let alone make a complicated set of RP posts or whatever.

The forum is whatever we make it. Don’t sit around in IRC or IDC and **** about the good old days when you’re perfectly capable of going and making a post yourself. Just make the freaking post, get some klan buddies to help you out and POOF there ya go, funny RP thread. Just takes effort.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

scullyangel Posted:

Mee too please Log in to see images!

duca Posted:

No, it’s that people are either too busy or too freaking lazy to take the time to properly RP regardless of the forum.

*grunt*

I hAAAAAAve not ssseen that relative of youRRRs in sssome time. I fear bad thingsss may have happened to her. The Mbumster fled the cbumstle with his creAAATion. I think they are headed to one of the ssstates that allow gay – inhuman marriages. *squeal*

If you sssee her, let her *oink* know that we need some cAARRpet cleaner. The Raerwulf is having sssome digessstive problemsss. Disssgusssting.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

quangntenemy Posted:

Mee too please Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee is too busy to log on anymore, let alone receive spankings. Thank you for posting on his behalf, despite the fact you spelled his name incorrectly.

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

duca Posted:

The forum is whatever we make it.

Considering the kind of people who frequent the forums,I think Forumwarz has done pretty well to reach this stage in it’s existence. The next few months imo will be the deciding fate of how long Forumwarz can carry on for.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

First up – I really hope this is more about the bigger issue and not me leaving.

Secondly – “I thought you left” – thread was linked in IRC.

Finally – Duca has a very valid point, that it’s not just “trolls” keeping RP down, it’s people not properly RPing (or RPing at all). It’s both. And maybe it’s both feeding each other in a vicious cycle. Whatever. I just didn’t see any reason to stick around in an “RP Community” that has borderline zero Roleplaying. Because then it’s just a community, and frankly there are plenty of better ones out there.

Just wanted to drop in my ideas on what *I* would consider Civil RP since it’s sort of the reason I left and at least partially what sparked off this particular thread.

Gimmick Alts are not Role Players. If you can’t see the difference, you probably never played a role. I’m not saying Gimmick Alts are terrible and shouldn’t exist, but they, like Mast Ertroll said, don’t contribute anything.

Google Ads = Gimmick

The Unknown Comic = Roleplay

“Troll Characters” – Alt revealing, wether it’s widely known or not who the “main” is, is not role playing. Ever. Even if you claim thats what your character “does” – that’s not a character, that’s a gimmick. Think of it like an Eddie Murphy movie where he plays like 10 of the roles. It would not make for a good movie if there were extras on set who had no other lines than “Shut up Eddie Murphy” to any character he played. Sure, it might be entertaining to some (as a gimmick), but it does nothing to progress the storyline.

Nor does calling out that they are RPing. Or responding to them in any other way, than if they were a real person with whatever personality traits were shown. So – if its your thing to troll by telling people to **** off, then don’t say “**** off you suck at role playing” – because you are calling them out portraying a character – “**** off you are a worthless whore” would be more appropriate.

——

Now, I’m 90% sure most people who play forumwarz probably never played participated in LARP, or drama clbum, or anything like that and are just here to play a free game and post goatse and tell people to eat a bag of male reproductive organs. Hey that’s great, doesn’t belong in Civil RP though. And these are the people who won’t take the time to give any sort of personality to each character, and that’s fine too, but if you are at all interested in participating in Civil RP (here if it ever happens, or elsewhere) you might wanna reconsider, maybe watch other people do it before you jump in.

Anyway – I didn’t wanna start any drama. Which is why I didn’t make some long post or anything I just said bye and left it at that. I don’t deserve the attention, but hey if it leads to some civil RP actually happening maybe I’ll come back. Just not on this or any of my other existing alts. In hopes none of you would recognize me anyway because I’d be in character.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

I HATE YOUR GUTS Posted:

”Troll Characters” – Alt revealing, wether it’s widely known or not who the “main” is, is not role playing. Ever. Even if you claim thats what your character “does” – that’s not a character, that’s a gimmick.

Hear, hear. This is why we will miss you, Log in to see images!

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

What I realized since I began lurking and posting on Flamebate is that people complain about no RP, but when some quality RP shows up, they start being bumholes, under the excuse of “RPing”. It’s true that some of them do RP that way, and personally I enjoy LHO’s and the like’s posts.

However, most people don’t understand how to control this kind of RP, and it gets to the point of scaring new and good posters away.

If you guys want to spice up Flamebate and make it awesome again, start helping new posters and help improve the RP quality, instead of posting ‘**** off’, sitting back and saying “I was RPing”.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I guess I need to clarify something.

I don’t care if anyone that doesn’t RP doesn’t want to start. I certainly don’t want to make anyone feel like they have to RP anything.

BUT – I would like to see somewhere that those that DO want to do RP can do it without alt reveals and without people telling them that they suck and should GTFO.

You don’t want to read people’s RP posts, don’t read ‘em. I like seeing good RP. And there are still a few good RPers out there… I’d kinda like to read their threads and the characters they develop without complete bumhole postings thrown in here and there.

As for RPing in CD – that’s not what these boards are for. Yeah, McB found a way with the banhammer family in a kyoubai thread. But where else would that really have gone over in CD without people reporting it? I want to see Phil Marlot. I want to see the old days of manimal kingdom. I want Biff and Janie back. I want GS49 back. I’d kill to have Escher back. Hell, if Escher had just gotten started today, most of you would have **** on every single post.

PANTS and MST weren’t the highlights of flamebate. Polarizing characters to be sure, but they weren’t the highlight by a long shot.

****ty Famil-
y Guy Alt

Avatar: 222812 2015-05-30 20:50:23 -0400

[south park]

Level 69 Camwhore

hot horse great times lover

Forumwarz Cool Kid Posted:

This is an outrage. As a cool kid I can’t allow you to do this. All the roleplayers here suck and we’re happy the way things are with all the cool kids telling non cool kids that they suck whilst the cool kids have a circlejerk amongst themselves. **** you. You suck and your gimmick sucks as well. All gimmicks suck and any gimmick accounts are dumb. Log in to see images!

Crossposting this

Shitty Family Guy Alt was banned for this post by Nicco

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Teh Cezar Posted:

What I realized since I began lurking and posting on Flamebate is that people complain about no RP, but when some quality RP shows up, they start being bumholes, under the excuse of “RPing”. It’s true that some of them do RP that way, and personally I enjoy LHO’s and the like’s posts.

However, most people don’t understand how to control this kind of RP, and it gets to the point of scaring new and good posters away.

If you guys want to spice up Flamebate and make it awesome again, start helping new posters and help improve the RP quality, instead of posting ‘**** off’, sitting back and saying “I was RPing”.

I have never told a quality role playing poster to **** off. the majority of the people i tell to **** off are either the people who A) are asking stupid questions about this game before ever checking the wiki, or B) are actually doing the terible rp thing. Man I fell in love with characters like charlie sheen or the unknown comic and even emohunter. But it’s like no one else who attempts rp even tries when they come here they just emulate stereotypes of certain characters and its just ****.

This sites roleplay is dead because most of the people here are ****ing browsing 4chan and spouting what they see instead of lurking flamebait threads and trying to think of something interesting or entertaining to do. It also doesn’t help that idiots here think outing good roleplayers is funny or ****ing part of some gimmick, and that they can get away with it. Thanks evil trout and jalapeno bootyhole for advertising on the bumhole of the internet known as 4chan you really helped us out there.

but whatever i’m leaving this site soon anyways who gives a **** right.

Melanin-Enhanced Individual edited this message on 03/10/2010 4:35PM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Lee_Harvey_Oswald Posted:

I have never told a quality role playing poster to **** off. the majority of the people i tell to **** off are either the people who A) are asking stupid questions about this game before ever checking the wiki, or B) are actually doing the terible rp thing. Man I fell in love with characters like charlie sheen or the unknown comic and even emohunter. But it’s like no one else who attempts rp even tries when they come here they just emulate stereotypes of certain characters and its just ****.

This sites roleplay is dead because most of the people here are ****ing browsing 4chan and spouting what they see instead of lurking flamebait threads and trying to think of something interesting or entertaining to do. It also doesn’t help that idiots here think outing good roleplayers is funny or ****ing part of some gimmick, and that they can get away with it. Thanks evil trout and jalapeno bootyhole for advertising on the bumhole of the internet known as 4chan you really helped us out there.

but whatever i’m leaving this site soon anyways who gives a **** right.

But I originaly came from 4chan Log in to see images!

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

But I originaly came from 4chan Log in to see images!

i am truely sorry for u lots

also its not just people who are from 4chan its the people who lurk 4chan all day every day whenever they can like crack addicts and base their personalities off of that. I wont name any names on this site but there are a few i can think off off the top of my head, they are part of the problem, definitely.
Melanin-Enhanced Individual edited this message on 03/10/2010 4:42PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!