Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Butthurt The Google Wars: Also known as Who Can Suck Google's male reproductive organ the Hardest

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

As many of you probably know, Google is looking for a home base to start up their super-fast internet experiment known as Google Fiber.

So, one town in Midwest America thought it would be cool to try and force google to come to their town by RENAMING THEIR ****ING TOWN GOOGLE, KANSAS. For the month of March, it’ll be called Google, Kansas.

So this was pretty stupid, but it gets worse. In retaliation, Duluth, Minnesota decided Every new born child will be named Google or Googlette.

So my question is, do you think this very special oneupsmanship is just gonna go on forever until New York decides that every church will worship Google? I mean, it’s all in good fun, but is there a point where it becomes too much. I dunno.

Also, this isn’t the first time Topeka has changed it’s name.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

I’ve gotta give the edge to Duluth.

That is awesome! It’ll still be in NYC or LA, but Duluth really gave it the old college try.

Interestingly enough, New York beats Los Angeles, but LA beats NYC.

Sneaky27 edited this message on 03/04/2010 8:23PM

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Reading the articles and not just the titles is fun!

newser Posted:

From this day forth, all-first born children of Duluth, Minnesota, shall be named Google or Googlette Fiber. Well, that’s not true, but the city has produced a parody video saying so in a rejoinder to Topeka.

And if Topeka wants Google’s internet that badly, then that’s their decision, especially if the town doesn’t have super high-speed internet already.

Mazzon

[Too sexy for membe-
rs
]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Google should just sue Topeka for giving them bad press. I mean honestly, nobody wants their name bumociated with some podunk town in a state that could be swallowed by the earth and nobody would notice it gone right?

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I would like to point out to the good people of Google that Winston-Salem, NC has one slightly-used, soon-to-be vacant Dell plant for sale they are welcome to have.

There’s also good moonshine in the county next door.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Mazzon Posted:

Google should just sue Topeka for giving them bad press. I mean honestly, nobody wants their name bumociated with some podunk town in a state that could be swallowed by the earth and nobody would notice it gone right?

Uh…a population of 122,647 isn’t exactly “podunk”...Google should just ignore Topeka for being so silly.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Joseph of Suburbia Posted:

Also, this isn’t the first time Topeka has changed it’s name.

I’d just like to congratulate this man for making a colored, underlined URL in a spoiler bracket. That’s pretty fancy.
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!