Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Nearly all voting is clan based

Svameno

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 15 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

I started playing about a month ago, and I started to use buildr immediately. First I though i really suck, then I noticed that I always get same number of vote downs on currently submitted submissions, and I’ve also noticed that some really lame Submissions win. This has to be stopped!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I agree with this man! Where is the punishment for these users! This man seems like he is very funny, and writes very well. There is NO WAY he should be getting all these downvotes when other TOTALLY LAME ideas win. I suggest CZ ban the offending users if they want more people getting interested in their game, and perhaps those users could go on to supporting CZ!

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

Corruption is and will be rife in Forumwarz™.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Maybe you just have abnormal tastes in funny. Log in to see images!

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

welcome to forumwarz?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I forgot there was buildrs until this thread popped up.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Ricket Posted:

Maybe you’re just have abnormal tastes in funny. Log in to see images!

Maybe you’re just not funny at all. Then again, that would probably get you plenty of votes. So yes, WeChall is voting you down and you should go cry about it.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I agree. Every time someone other than me wins it is the result of a mbumive and well-executed conspiracy.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

NO SRSLY! to the OP:

The issues is not that you’re not funny, or that lame entries win, it’s that you have to understand the “brand” of humor in Forumwarz. You have to know your audience. A comedian is not going to do the same stand-up routine in a NY nightclub he does in and Alabama bar.

Now, about your “clan voting” problem. I’m sure it does happen, but if you’re found out the penalties are high. Also, it’s hard to get anyone to to ANYTHING on the internet consistently. So, while maybe one week someone DOES win that way, they are not going to be able to convince those same group of people to vote again the next week and the next next week. Trust me.

Speaking of consistency, sometimes lots of people just decide to downvote in a row. I have had one entry that -5’ed in 7 votes win it all the next week. (direct C/P, same entry) The signal to noise ratio in a game like this is pretty high. If you think you have a winner, you just have to keep trying with it.

I will admit, at first, I though maybe it was all clan voting, but as I kept trying and studied the trends, I realized there is just a lot of noise. But, what convinced me 100% it was not all clan voting was this. One week I told my buddy about forumwarz, and then did not talk to him for about two weeks, when, out of the blue, he aims me and says “Hey, I won that forumbuildr thing see?” No clan, never played before, and he did not even tell me he was playing, let alone tried to get me to vote for him.

His entry was just, well, funny.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Soron’s right. Hell, a lot of times I’ve seen an entry get -5, get resubmitted, and then make it into the final version of the forum.

Personally, I think the biggest problem is rampant downvoting. I know a lot of people post an entry and then immediately downvote every competing submission, so the first few entries almost always get creamed whether they’re good or not. In my experience, waiting 24-36 hours after the forum is made available to submit helps a lot in certain categories, especially for ideas for the next week’s forum.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

SoronTheBeast Posted:

NO SRSLY! to the OP:

The issues is not that you’re not funny, or that lame entries win, it’s that you have to understand the “brand” of humor in Forumwarz. You have to know your audience. A comedian is not going to do the same stand-up routine in a NY nightclub he does in and Alabama bar.

Now, about your “clan voting” problem. I’m sure it does happen, but if you’re found out the penalties are high. Also, it’s hard to get anyone to to ANYTHING on the internet consistently. So, while maybe one week someone DOES win that way, they are not going to be able to convince those same group of people to vote again the next week and the next next week. Trust me.

Speaking of consistency, sometimes lots of people just decide to downvote in a row. I have had one entry that -5’ed in 7 votes win it all the next week. (direct C/P, same entry) The signal to noise ratio in a game like this is pretty high. If you think you have a winner, you just have to keep trying with it.

I will admit, at first, I though maybe it was all clan voting, but as I kept trying and studied the trends, I realized there is just a lot of noise. But, what convinced me 100% it was not all clan voting was this. One week I told my buddy about forumwarz, and then did not talk to him for about two weeks, when, out of the blue, he aims me and says “Hey, I won that forumbuildr thing see?” No clan, never played before, and he did not even tell me he was playing, let alone tried to get me to vote for him.

His entry was just, well, funny.

tl;dr, make lots of submissions with male reproductive organ jokes, dead memes, and racism (preferably all 3)

sdgrbass09 edited this message on 02/24/2010 10:06AM

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

So let me get this straight; people are downvoting your subs in the buildr’s because you’re not funny?

THEN DO I HAVE A GAME FOR YOU

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

tl;dr, make lots of submissions with male reproductive organ jokes, dead memes, and racism (preferably all 3)

I used to be a racist necrophiliac with some bestiality and sadism tendencies, but I realized I was just beating a dead black horse. Log in to see images!

In all seriousness though, I don’t get understand the point of this. You’re claiming it’s all klan based; if it is, I don’t see a problem with that. If you want to look at a klan as a clique, then it’s like the jock’s not ever voting for the nerd’s subs Log in to see images! Pretty sure this site is above that, though.

I’ve heard enough people come into IDC and say something like ‘COME INTO INCIT IT’S SO FUNNY’ and once you go in, you realize it’s just meme after meme with a really stupid sub based in, and they honestly think they’re funny.

tl;dr: you probably just weren’t that funny, or there was a much better one there. Buildr is probably full of idiots like INCIT too, so maybe you were genuinely funny and they weren’t. Log in to see images!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

It happens, unfortunately. I’m still trying to get a couple of ForumBuildr peens, because the votes are at best completely arbitrary most of the time. I try to be as honest as possible with my voting, but the simple fact is that a lot of people just downvote everything, and if you reach -5, there’s no coming back up.

Just keep trying.

SuperSonic

Avatar: 148701 2010-01-03 11:24:25 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

Svameno Posted:

I started playing about a month ago, and I started to use buildr immediately. First I though i really suck, then I noticed that I always get same number of vote downs on currently submitted submissions, and I’ve also noticed that some really lame Submissions win. This has to be stopped!

So you’re a newfabulous person.

For you: http://i49.tinypic.com/11lmzpd.jpg [SFW]

Edit: Link fixed.

SuperSonic was banned for this post by Nicco

SuperSonic edited this message on 02/24/2010 11:15AM

HuGGleS4EVer-
YoNE

Avatar: 11164 2010-02-17 20:44:46 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Um, I got Modern Art Movement in despite the fact that I was in a clan where I was the only active member.

There’s a lot of rampant downvoting. How well something does varies widely from week to week. But I see no evidence this is clan based.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Gosh I wonder what would happen if I went to the Search page and searched for klan voting. Bet there’d be no hits found.

Oh wait, no. There are 19 PAGES of results. How could I have been so confused?

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

MC Banhammer Posted:

Gosh I wonder what would happen if I went to the Search page and searched for klan voting. Bet there’d be no hits found.

Oh wait, no. There are 19 PAGES of results. How could I have been so confused?

Honestly, most of those posts have nothing at all to do with klan voting, they just have “klan” and “voting” somewhere in the same post.

Edit: a search for “klan voting” brings up 5 pages, most of which is vague accusations (like this thread). Sure, it happens sometimes, but to say “nearly all” voting is like this seems a bit far-fetched.

Besides, if it really was all klan voting then WeChall would be winning everything.

OrsonScottCard edited this message on 02/24/2010 12:38PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

SoronTheBeast Posted:

I 100% agree, but there’s also the old meme/old joke problem where people can submit the same kind of joke, or same kind of format, and it’ll win if it gets in first.

I try to submit original material each time, with variable results. But at least I feel good about not making somewhat similar forum ideas exactly the same in content.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!