You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.
You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.
|Menage a Terror: Week 2 - 3 Bonus Contest: Search and Destroy!|
p hard. I’m aware that I got a lot of the questions wrong though some I could get straight away
|Posted On: 02/23/2010 8:15PM||View Johnald The Robo...'s Profile | #|
Tm sent before the end of it all.
|Posted On: 02/23/2010 9:13PM||View Joseph of Suburb...'s Profile | #|
Well that was fun. And by fun I of course mean arduous.
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 9:06AM||View ERECTILE_DEATH's Profile | #|
Bumping to remind people that this ends tonight. Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 12:27PM||View scully's Profile | #|
Sending tubmail now
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 6:37PM||View Aldo_Anything's Profile | #|
Ok, this is done for entries. It is going to take a bit to get everything scored. As soon as I have the results I will post. Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 9:14PM||View scully's Profile | #|
It’s been 5 whole minutes. Shake a leg already. Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 9:20PM||View Jubbles's Profile | #|
Now that it’s over, in which thread was the hippo bump? I just couldn’t find it and would really like to know.
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 9:25PM||View Aldo_Anything's Profile | #|
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 9:54PM||View ERECTILE_DEATH's Profile | #|
Now that’s an OLD post. Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/24/2010 10:00PM||View Amasius's Profile | #|
1st place – Aldo_Anything (score of 95: 55 BPs)
2nd place (tie) – ERECTILE_DEATH and Jubbles (score of 92: 52 BPs)
4th place – MC Banhammer (score of 90: 50 BPs)
5th place – handofg0d (score of 77: 43 BPs)
Also going to send out some participation prizes to those who didn’t hit the top five because you guys were totally entertaining and awesome. Log in to see images!
I’ll be posting an answer guide in the next day for those who asked. Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 2:31AM||View scully's Profile | #|
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 2:42AM||View ERECTILE_DEATH's Profile | #|
I got 5 BP Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 2:47AM||View Inconnu's Profile | #|
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 2:57AM||View scully's Profile | #|
At least you had fun doing it? Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 2:57AM||View CaptainDDL's Profile | #|
Obviously due to the nature of the questions there was often more than one acceptable answer.
1. Use the phrase ‘Gain a chi.’ in a sentence.
Wait, “gain a chi” as in gain a skill point in certain roleplaying or trading card games, or “gain a chi” as in gain a letter of the Greek alphabet? Either way, I just used the phrase twice in that sentence. I win. – Jubbles
2. Find a corporate website that misuses the word their, they’re or there.
http://www.theinsider.com/news/1089478_Angie_And_Brad_Couldn_t_Get_It_Done_On_There_Own – Aldo_Anything
3. Can you reach the end?
WatcherX will post the answer to this damn thing. Log in to see images!
4. Produce some form of evidence supporting the idea that Jesus would be good at basketball.
Log in to see images! – Inconnu
5. So, do you have a theory about who Jacob is?
There has always been a balance of light and dark on the island as seen early in season one when Locke was playing Backgammon with Walt. This idea was further fleshed out in season 6 episode 2 when Locke (currently the man in black) takes the white stone off of the scale holding both a white and black stone and pitches it into the water. I won’t delve much into the traditional literary theme of light forces versus dark forces, good versus evil and all that. But basically there are two forces in balance on the island, a light force and a dark force. Jacob is the good force and the man in black/the smoke monster/Locke are the force of evil.
The bible of LOST has yet to be written so it’s difficult to say how fate and predestination affect the survivors, but it is clear that Jacob had a hand in bringing the Oceanic 6 to the island. It’s also clear that they can’t make people do anything. Ben shot Jacob on suggestion and manipulation from The Man in Black. In the most recent episode Jacob said that Jack had to find the answers out on his own. He has to want to help.
So to make things short, Jacob seems to basically be the God of the island while The Man in Black seems to be Satan.
Or more likely the final episode of the series is going to be Jack Shepherd** waking up and saying “Damn, what a complicated dream.” – ERECTILE_DEATH
6. Prove that Mahatma Ghandi is six degrees from Kevin Bacon.
Gandhi > Univ College London Alumni brother to Ricky Gervais > In Night at Museum with Robin Williams > In Insomnia with Al Pacino > In Godfather III with Eli Wallach > In Mystic River with Kevin Bacon. – hoosahokie
7. Say you have a hole. 6 meters deep and 2 meters in diameter. At the bottom of the hole is a rather unfortunate frog. Each time the frog jumps he ascends 2 meters, but slides back 1 1/2 meters. How many jumps will it take to get out of the hole?
1 jump. Every jump working his way up he is in the hole, the final jump puts him out. One is either in something or outside something, but your math teachers would all be proud of you. Log in to see images! – scully
8. Coke or Pepsi?
For a long time I would’ve said Pepsi, however as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized Pepsi is cloyingly sweet and doesn’t have nearly enough carbonation. Coke is my beverage of choice. – sdgrbbum09
9. Give one reason that YouTube is a communist plot.
One reason why Youtube is a communist plot? But by god, there are so many! Narrowing a field of thousands down to a single winner is something we normally leave to an unqualified panel of judges and an even less qualified voting audience, but I suppose I can try.
Youtube is a communist plot because it encourages people to freely share their creations with one another, without demanding any form of payment or recompense. This contradicts at its core the principles of capitalism, and is nothing more than DIRTY COMMUNISM! When people become accustomed to such free exchange of entertainment (from each according to ability, to each according to boredom) how can we expect our fine upstanding content creation corporations to make an honest living? It’s just not right that anyone should be allowed to undercut the free market with their socialist “sharing” like that.
In summary: Filthy commie Youtube is teaching our children to share. – man-man
10. Find a website that compares Jimmy Hoffa, Ronald McDonald, George Bush (Jr. or Sr.) or Jesus Jones (the band) to Adolf Hitler.
Wikipedia did before they reverted my edits – Johnald The Robot
(Most common answer – http://www.oreilly-sucks.com/hitlerbush.htm)
11. Speaking of which, what is Jesus Jones up to?
According to Iain Baker’s MySpace he’s making a shopping list – Inconnu
12. Learn the secret code word / phrase.
Since not one person even bothers to ask, I’ll be damned if I’m telling.
13. There is a land and in this land all knights tell the truth and all knaves lie. One day there was a great excitement in the land, because it was known that a spy had entered from another land. The spy was neither a knight nor a knave; he sometimes told the truth and sometimes lied – he always did what most suited his convenience. It was known that the spy was living with two other inhabitants and that one of them was a knight and the other a knave. The officers of the land arrested all three one day but didn’t know which was the knight, which was the knave and which was the spy. Let us call these three A, B, and C because I can’t be bumed to come up with good names and don’t feel like becoming personally involved – this sense of detachment is prevalent on the internet and shouldn’t surprise you at all. At the interrogation, A claimed that C was a knave, and B claimed that A was a knight. Then C was asked what he was, and C replied, “I am the spy.”
Which one was the knight, which one the knave and which one the spy?
A is the knight, B is the spy, and C is the knave. The reasoning: C cannot be a knight, because no knight would lie and claim to be the spy. Therefore, C is either a knave or the spy. Suppose C were the spy. The A’s claim is false, which makes A a knave (he can’t be the spy, because C is). This leaves B as the knight, but then how could he, a knight, make the false claim that A is a knight? So it is impossible that C is the spy. Therefore, C is the knave. Then B’s claim is false, which means he is a knave of the spy, but C is the knave, so B must be the spy. This leaves A as the knight.
14. Find a photograph of a bald, bearded man in a blue dress wearing white shoes. (Any nudity disqualifies you, I’m totally serious.)
No one came up with the whole thing, but these were my favorites.
Log in to see images!
Log in to see images!
15. Get swine’s stamp of approval.
Log in to see images!
16. Please give a good recipe for monkey.
Step One: Catch the monkey
This part can be rather tricky. If you’ve never caught a monkey before, my experience is that the easiest way is to catch them off guard in the zoo. Just grap the monkey by the legs and lift it off the ground holding the monkey upside down by the legs. The monkey may flop around a bit, but if you’re careful, and have a good grip on the legs the monkey won’t get away. The important thing to remember is not to let the monkey go, because its going to be really hard to catch it again now that its on its guard.
Step two: Kill the monkey
There are two methods that I’ve seen to kill a monkey. One is to simply lie the monkey on a chopping block and cut off its head. This can be rather bloody, but its a sure way to be positive that the monkey is dead.
The second method (and the one I’m going to discuss here) is to wring the monkey’s neck. If this is done correctly it’s a lot less messy.
So, take your monkey by the legs (you are still holding it right?). In your other hand pull down on the neck and then bend it upward very quickly. If you’ve done it correctly, then you will feel a snap, and the monkey will reflexivly begin to flap its arms. At this point my great grandmother would drop the monkey and let it run around the yard until its body finished dying.
If you’ve broken the neck, then the next step is to drain out some of the blood. Hang the monkey upside down over a bucket. Then with a sharp knife reach into the mouth slightly down the throat and cut across cutting the jugular. Be very careful not to cut through the back of the neck.
Step Three: Pluck the monkey
This step can be quite time consuming, but it’s quite simple. Hang the monkey (preferably over something to catch the hair). It’s best to begin with the larger arm hair, and simply pull in a downward motion. Take care not to try pulling in large clumps, if you try to pull too many at a time, then you risk tearing the skin. Be sure to get all the large hairs and as many of the small ones from the areas of the monkey that you plan to eat.
After you’ve plucked as much as you can stand, singe off the remaining hair. Simply hold the monkey over an open flame.
Step Four: Dressing the monkey
This step is not for the weak of stomach.
With a sharp knife, cut around the bum. Take care not to cut the intestines. Once you’ve cut all the way around the bum and freed the intestines from its connecting membranes move to the head of the monkey.
At this point you’ll need a heavy knife or a pair of clippers. Cut off the head at the base of the neck. Reach your hand into the monkey from the neck, and try to loosen as many of the internal organs as possible. Now simply remove the internals from the bum end. If necessary reach inside the monkey to be certain that you’ve removed all the insides.
Step Five: Finishing up
To finish up cut off the feet, and pull out any remaining hair. If you so desire, now is the time to skin the monkey. Then wrap the monkey and refrigerate it as soon as possible. REMEMBER, wash the monkey thoroughly before preparing.
That’s it… you have yourself a fresh monkey.
Now for the recipe:
1 pound monkey meat
1 egg white
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated orange peel (wash orange well before removing peel with a grater)
2 tablespoons chopped scallion (white part only)
4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup cornstarch (in a plastic baggie)
Cut monkey into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
Make marinade: Combine egg white, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir vigorously until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add monkey cubes to marinade and stir to coat well.
Make orange sauce: In a bowl, combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and sesame oil; stir and set aside. Place a pot over high heat. When pot is hot, add the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat.
Add orange peel and scallion and stir for about 20 seconds, taking care not to burn the orange peel. Pour combined sauce ingredients into the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
To finish: Preheat 4 cups oil to 350-375 degrees. Meanwhile, put marinated monkey in the plastic baggie containing the cornstarch. Shake monkey well for about 20 seconds or until monkey is covered with cornstarch.
Shake off all excess cornstarch and fry monkey in hot oil until golden brown, approximately 2 1/2 minutes. Remove monkey from oil with a slotted spoon, drain well and set aside. Add fried monkey to pot with heated orange sauce, stir for about 30 seconds, then serve immediately. Serve with steamed rice. – MC Banhammer
17. Find a photograph of a cake that says, ‘Happy Birthday Claude.’
Log in to see images!
18. How many elephants are in the continental United States?
According to http://www.elephant.se/country.php?name=United%20States it’s 463 – 2 (Hawaii) = 461 – Inconnu
19. The next spy who entered the land (see number 13 for details on this very awesome land) was far more clever. He was arrested one day with two others, one of whom was a knight and the other a knave. The case was brought to trial. The court knew that one was a knight, one was a knave and one was a spy, but the court didn’t know who was which. Again we call the three defendants A, B and C. First A said, “I am not a spy.” Then B said, “I am a spy.” Then C was asked, “Is B really a spy?”
Now it so happened that C was the spy. Being a spy, he can either lie or tell the truth as he chooses. Well, he did the foxiest thing possible and answered in such a way as not to convict himself. What did he answer?
He simply answered, “No.” Why? If he had answered yes the court could have reasoned as follows: suppose B is the spy. Then all three are telling the truth, which is impossible, since one of them is a knave. Therefore, B can’t be the spy. His statement, therefore, was false, so B is the knave. C’s statement was false, and since C is not the knave, he is the spy. So, if C had answered yes, the court would have known that he is the spy. Therefore, C must have answered no leaving the court to wonder if he was the knight and B the spy, or if he was a knave and A the spy, or he could be the spy.
20. Name or link to two Forumwarz members who also claim that they are “Not a spy.”
Genesis as noted here
21. Find a photo of a person or people chewing tin foil.
Log in to see images! – spacekadt
22. Bearded ladies or Fiji mermaids?
FIJI MERMAIDS. HELLA AWESOME. – Joseph of Suburbia
23. Is being hidden by Illuminati.
FNORD – Johnald The Robot
24. Do you think Elvis is alive? Give reasons supporting your position.
No, Elvis is dead. Just last week I exhumed his body and ****ed it, so I know. – MC Banhammer
25. In 30 words or less give a good argument as to why people should riot in the streets on January 8th.
Everyone should riot in the streets on January 8th because we never have riots and Europe isn’t better than we are. – handofg0d
26. Does former NBA star Clifford Robinson give autographs?
Clifford R. Robinson or Clifford T. Robinson? – sdgrbbum09
27. Provide a link to a post made prior to this contest with this image.
28. Provide instructions for proper garnish placement.
It should not be on the edge of a bowl or plate, instead should be on the food. – Skyman747
29. True or false? This statement is false.
Neither. The statement is self contradictory and as such has no meaning or truth value.
Unless you use quantum logic, in which case the statement is both true and false until a cat eats poison and collapses into a wave. – man-man
30. Link to the original post that contains this phrase: Of course it was all worth it.
31. 44 6f 20 79 6f 75 20 74 68 69 6e 6b 20 61 6e 79 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 6d 6f 64 73 20 72 65 61 6c 6c 79 20 64 65 73 65 72 76 65 20 74 6f 20 62 65 20 73 74 72 69 70 70 65 64 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 69 72 20 70 6f 77 65 72 73 3f
The answers to this were pretty amusing. Log in to see images!
32. Whenever Mickey is asleep, everything he believes is wrong. In other words, everything Mickey believes in his sleep is false. On the other hand, everything he believes while he is awake is true. Last night at midnight, Mickey believed that both he and Sylvia (his lady love) were asleep at that time. Was Sylvia asleep or awake at the time?
Awake. If Mickey were awake at the time, he could not have had the false belief that both he and Sylvia were asleep. Therefore, he was asleep. This means that his belief was false, so it is not true that both were asleep. Therefore Sylvia was awake.
33. Find a technical diagram for a Toshiba G7 drive.
Log in to see images!
35. Name a movie that uses the phrase, ‘Bobs your uncle.’
Pirates of the Caribbean – Curse of the Black Pearl
36. Contact the head of the Mafiosi to gain the secret image.
Log in to see images!
In a row?
404: Question not found.
There is no 37. There will never be a 37. Deal with it.
34. THIS ANSWER REQUIRES A FORUMWARZ GOLD ACCOUNT TO VIEW. – Nicco
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 4:35AM||View scully's Profile | #|
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 6:32AM||View man-man's Profile | #|
yay, I got an answer on there. Hooray IMDB and wikipedia.
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 7:15AM||View hoosahokie's Profile | #|
Log in to see images! Scully!
Now I’m THAT much closer to having enough BP to not spend on Forumwarz Orange Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 9:34AM||View MC Banhammer's Profile | #|
Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 02/26/2010 10:17AM||View Aldo_Anything's Profile | #|