Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ The Sisterhood presents: Secondary Stats and What They Do (Spoilers and Math within!)

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

(Re-posted by n00b65’s request after problems with the first thread.)

There have been a lot of threads recently asking what statistics do and how they affect combat and flezz; while we don’t have all the answers, The Sisterhood of the Quivering Rose has decided to go public with what we have figured out. We’re Camwhores; we can’t help showing our stuff publicly.

Thanks go to Arktor, Barely Legal, Bubo, Galanodel, Persiflage, Sancdar, Skyreal, and Zendra for huge amounts of work and smarts in getting this information together! And special thanks to the wiki-savvy Velveteen, who put all of this info in the Spoilerpedia!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Okay, here’s what we know:

Offense:

Your Offense level modifies how much damage you do with any single attack. When you attack a forum, the program generates a random number based on the range of the attack. For example, if you Flirt, it will come up with a number between 6 and 10. After that number is generated, a percentage bonus will be added based on your Offense level as follows:

Offense Modifier      Offense Modifier       Offense Modifier
   1       0%            9      62%             17     123%
   2       8%           10      69%             18     131%
   3      16%           11      77%             19     138%
   4      23%           12      85%             20     146%
   5      31%           13      92%             21     154%
   6      39%           14     100%             22     161%
   7      46%           15     108%             23     169%
   8      54%           16     115%             24     177%

Once that percentage is added, the damage is rounded “normally” – that is, up if the fraction is .5 or higher, rounded down otherwise. So a Flirt attack that was randomly determined to do 8 damage would do 15 damage at Offense level 12. (8 + (8*.85)) = (8 + 6.8) = 14.8 rounded up to 15.

Defense:

(Thanks to average mario for figuring this out!)

Defense works the same way as Offense, but in reverse. Each forum has a range of damage it can do, and when that forum successfully attacks you, a random number is generated within that range. For every level of Defense you have, that number is reduced by 1% and then is rounded normally to determine true damage done.

According to the Spoilerpedia, Defense also raises the chance that the enemy forum will miss when it attacks you. Based on the data we have, that seems to be true, but we haven’t been able to figure out the formula behind it. Best guesstimate so far is that each level of Defense adds roughly 1.5% to your chance of being missed.

Escher edited this message on 03/28/2008 3:38PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Upkeep:

Upkeep is all about keeping your items less damaged. Whenever you are successfully attacked, your items take damage to their condition. How much damage they take is determined by two things. First is the Quality of the item. Higher Quality items take less damage each hit; but don’t bumume that more expensive items are necessarily of higher Quality than cheaper ones.

The second factor that determines damage is your Upkeep stat. For every level of Upkeep you have (including the first that you start with), your items will take 5% less damage than they would otherwise. At Level 6, then, your items only take 70% of their normal damage.

Bruce Bear will charge roughly 20% of list price (see Frugality below for an explanation of that) to fully repair an item. Weirdly, even though you can only see damage as an integer, Bruce Bear will charge based on the damage percentage including fractions, so prices may seem to fluctuate by a   or two.

Frugality:

Frugality is all about paying less for items you buy and getting more for items you pawn. Each level of Frugality – again, including the first that you start with – knocks 6% off of the base price of any item in a store. At a full Level 6 Frugality, you pay 32% less for items than someone who has the basic Level 1 Frugality. Buying things at the Ppwn Shoppe is an exception – Frugality doesn’t affect the buy price.

When you sell items at the Ppwn Shoppe, each item is sold for 45% of its base price with ~.97% added for each level of Frugality you have. So someone with Frugality Level 6 will make roughly 8% more from selling the same Junk to a Ppwn Shoppe than someone with Frugality Level 1. Also, current condition does not matter when pawning – a damaged item sells for the same amount as a fully repaired item.

[2a83499164c748036]

Charisma and Luck:

According to Evil Trout, the items you receive are based on the amount of Cred received in the previous day; exactly which forums were hit (or even finished) in order to receive that Cred doesn’t matter. Charisma and Luck both modify this, but we haven’t figured out the exact figures yet. More on that to come.

Also, while there have been rumors that Luck affects how well you do at Gamblebot, the devs have stated that gambling is completely unaffected by Luck. We’ve also found that Luck has no direct effect on damage done, damage taken, or chance of being missed. It seems to only affect deliveries.

[2a83499164c748036]

We hope this helps you in figuring out how best to build your character, and helps you have more fun with the game!

Escher edited this message on 03/28/2008 10:38AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Thanks for reposting, Escher, and great job with these numbers! I’m sure many people will find them useful, and those who don’t will grumble quietly to themselves.

(If you don’t know why I asked her to repost, or what I’m talking about in that last part. check this post in the original thread.)

Persiflage

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

*sigh* It’s gonna take ages to work out precisely what difference is made by Charisma; the background variability in the value of deliveries when all else is constant seems to outweight the difference made by a few points of Charisma one way or another! I’m still collecting though Log in to see images!

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Has anyone done the math for Emo damage? Does it scale linearly with % remaining Ego or is it some other function? Also, are offense modifiers multiplied by the Emo bonus or simply added.

Example: Let’s bumume linear Emo damage.

Therefore -X% ego = +AX% Offense

Using the above data:

+14 offense = +100% offense bonus

Let’s bumume an attack of B damage is used

If both offenses modifers are added (most likely the case) then the increase is:

B*(2+A/100)= 2B + BA/100 damage.

OR

Are they multiplied, in the case of one modifier affecting another:

(B * 2)*(1+A/100) = 2B + BA/50 damage.

This should be fairly simple to figure out with some number crunching. I highly feel it is the top case where the modifiers are added together, however, the actual scalar(A ) is yet unknown (anyone correct me on that?). A safe bumumption however is that the scalar lies between .5-1.5 simply for balance reasons.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Again, she leaves herself out. Log in to see images!

Escher Posted:

Thanks go to Arktor, Barely Legal, Bubo, Galanodel, Persiflage, Sancdar, Skyreal, and Zendra for huge amounts of work and smarts in getting this information together! And special thanks to the wiki-savvy Velveteen, who put all of this info in the Spoilerpedia!

Escher is very quick to thank the rest of us for our hard work, but Escher has put in as much or more work than any of us into taking the raw data and both working out the formulas as well as putting our findings into easy to read charts. She of the great cleavage stepped up to lead this project at the very beginning, and has organized and orchestrated the team that has been working on our stat findings.

Bubo edited this message on 03/28/2008 11:59AM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I left myself out again because I was c&ping from the original thread, where I left myself out. Log in to see images!

Persiflage

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I meant to say it too: all hail you, hun! Log in to see images!

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I can’t get your defense formula to work. It predicts among other things that you should get hit for 17 to 18 with a defense of 3 in the furry farm and you don’t. You get hit for 16 to 17.

Edit:

Or if you want a datapoint someone is more likely be able to test. bumuming that I’m reading it right, your formula says that the min you should get hit for in the zombie forum with 8 defense is 18, and I’ve gotten hit for 17.

average mario edited this message on 03/28/2008 12:43PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

average mario Posted:

I can’t get your defense formula to work. It predicts among other things that you should get hit for 17 to 18 with a defense of 3 in the furry farm and you don’t. You get hit for 16 to 17.

Edit:

Or if you want a datapoint someone is more likely be able to test. bumuming that I’m reading it right, your formula says that the min you should get hit for in the zombie forum with 8 defense is 18, and I’ve gotten hit for 17.

Where are you getting the baselines from on those?

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Escher Posted:

Where are you getting the baselines from on those?

I bumumed 19 for the baseline min for the zombie forum. Picking either 18 or 20 for the baseline breaks a lot more datapoints than the one I mentioned.

I’m bumuming the baselines are integers. I have no reason to think that they’re not – though I suppose it could be something odd like the pwnage required range for threads which seems to be a non-inclusive range (eg. 201-299).

average mario edited this message on 03/28/2008 2:29PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

average mario Posted:

I bumumed 19 for the baseline min for the zombie forum. Picking either 18 or 20 for the baseline breaks a lot more datapoints than the one I mentioned.

I’m bumuming the baselines are integers. I have no reason to think that they’re not – though I suppose it could be something odd like the pwnage required range for threads which seems to be a non-inclusive range (eg. 201-299).

If those numbers are true, then the modifier is at least .01128, which breaks the numbers we’ve gotten for Coral Springs and Church of Saiyantology. Log in to see images! The Furry Farm numbers are even more off, with a modifier of .0148 or higher.

Okay, obviously we need more numbers. Log in to see images!

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Escher Posted:

If those numbers are true, then the modifier is at least .01128, which breaks the numbers we’ve gotten for Coral Springs and Church of Saiyantology. Log in to see images! The Furry Farm numbers are even more off, with a modifier of .0148 or higher.

Okay, obviously we need more numbers. Log in to see images!

I don’t think more numbers will help us find a value that works – I’m pretty sure the format is just wrong. Like you said, changing that modifier breaks other things. I have a big chart that has the predicted values and the values I have data for. They’re green if they’re right, light blue if they’re too high, and dark blue if they’re too low. If I put .0105 in, I get a bunch of light blue suggesting the number could be higher. At some point I got a mixture of green, light blue, and dark blue suggesting that either I have bad data or the format for the formula is wrong.

This turns my whole chart green – but I don’t have enough data to say that it’s right.

DamageTaken = Round(BaseDamage * (1 – Defense/100))

Let me know if that doesn’t work for any data that you have.

Also – as long as I’m pointing out problems – you mentioned .0767 earlier for your offense number. Try 1/13. It works for ophilia’s poetry at offense 15. Log in to see images! average mario edited this message on 03/28/2008 3:17PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

average mario Posted:

I don’t think more numbers will help us find a value that works – I’m pretty sure the format is just wrong. Like you said, changing that modifier breaks other things. I have a big chart that has the predicted values and the values I have data for. They’re green if they’re right, light blue if they’re too high, and dark blue if they’re too low. If I put .0105 in, I get a bunch of light blue suggesting the number could be higher. At some point I got a mixture of green, light blue, and dark blue suggesting that either I have bad data or the format for the formula is wrong.

This turns my whole chart green – but I don’t have enough data to say that it’s right.

Let me know if that doesn’t work for any data that you have.

Yeah, that works for all of our data. I think you’ve found it.

Also – as long as I’m pointing out problems – you mentioned .0767 earlier for your offense number. Try 1/13. It works for ophilia’s poetry at offense 15.

As does 108% – I get 208 damage when using ophelia at Offense 15.

Escher edited this message on 03/28/2008 3:26PM

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Escher Posted:

As does 108% – I get 208 damage when using ophelia at Offense 15.

You’re right. Not sure where the .0767 came from. Carry on.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

average mario Posted:

You’re right. Not sure where the .0767 came from. Carry on.

Oh, thank God, I thought I was a complete failure there for a moment. Log in to see images! Escher edited this message on 03/28/2008 3:29PM

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

average mario Posted:

Translation: each point of defense reduces damage by 1%. Now THAT’S what I expect from Forumwarz. Simple mechanics. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

You know what blows my mind? She’s got looks like those and a sharp intellect. That’s so damn tantalizing.

Sitting in awe,

AF.

****hole

Level 16 Troll

Open 24/7

This is neat and all but

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!