Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho OK what the **** happened to my contest

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

You know what I’m talking about.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

in b4 “bull**** rule we just made up because Hobart was trying to do something fun again”.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

oh hey what do you know, I posted a copy of the contest in GRP with a title alluding to the fascist mods most likely deleting my contest because nobody here has a ****ing sense of humor even though THIS IS A “COMEDY” SITE.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/47979-in-case-my-contest-gets-dleted-by-fascist-mods-ima-just-post-it-over-here-so-i-can-copy-paste-it-back-over-there-again-later

I pretty much won’t be happy until my thread is restored as it was to the letter before it was deleted.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Preemptive counter-arguement #1:

There are like 47 mods. This contest is not going to “Create too much of a mess for the poor little mods to cleanup.”

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Preemptive counter-argument #2:

It is clearly stated multiple times in the thread that participating in this contest would result in a ban. Anyone that would have entered would have done so knowingly.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Preemptive counter-argument #3:

I consulted the rules thread and the knowledge base and nowhere is it stated that contests cannot involve participants engaging in banable offenses. The “no spamming/no harbuming” rule does not apply here, since there is no target for the contest entries. This is the only rule regarding contests and banable offenses.

William Murd-
erface

Avatar: 179764 2009-10-09 01:14:17 -0400

[Dethklok]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Pre-emptive counter argument #4—

Ima cat lol

William Murderface edited this message on 02/03/2010 4:39AM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Preemptive counter-argument #4:

It is not your job as mods to dictate how I choose to have fun here. If I break the rules, I expect to be banned. If I play within the rules, I demand that I be allowed to do whatever the **** I want here. If this contest was deemed to be “too disruptive” I apologize for potentially ruining the peace and tranquility of a goddamn forum linked to a game that is supposed to be a satire of the internet.

Forumwarz: Where the object is to “pwn” a forum, unless it’s our forum, in which case the object is to preserve a sterile and boring community through overcautious and overbearing moderation.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

William Murderface Posted:

Pre-emptive counter argument #4—

Ima cat lol

that was #5

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

also just want to reiterate how pathetic it is that I can do something completely within the letter of the law and still have the foresight to post a thread in GRP saying that I knew there was a good chance the mods would delete my thread because they are literally whiny baby infants who value their own power and order over the harmless fun of some community members.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Dear mods,

This all could have been avoided with one ****ing tubmail explaining things. Thank you for taking the time to level with me about why my contest was deleted. It sure shows that you care about the community and are not moderating in the fashion that is most convenient for you. This in no way further reinforces my long-standing disdain for the moderation staff here.

Love,

Hobart

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I mean for ****s sake at the very least you guys should have learned by now to not give me reasons to make CD threads. I’m literally speechless at how easy this one was. Don’t get me wrong, I will get my contest back. But there were so many other cleaner ways of dealing with this.

This whole situation is like fumbling the ball 7-8 times in one play.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

TBH, I would have to pin it on either one of the admins(though, I doubt it) or Cid/Aldo. From what I know of the rest of the mods(including the admins) they would of at least sent you a tubmail.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

It’s a well know fact that I like to live on the edge, but I feel I have a point here.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

You’re the best, Hobart.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

TBH, I would have to pin it on either one of the admins(though, I doubt it) or Cid/Aldo. From what I know of the rest of the mods(including the admins) they would of at least sent you a tubmail.

Unless it’s a blatantly obvious offense, I almost always explain the reason. In fact, people used to like to repost the TMs I sent in an effort to ‘taunt’ me, which was in itself very entertaining.

In any event, I’m not even sure what the details of the contest were, so let me go look at them.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I appreciate the 4 hours of your day you are taking to look into this Cid. I can’t wait to hear back when you figure something out.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I appreciate the 4 hours of your day you are taking to look into this Cid. I can’t wait to hear back when you figure something out.

I’m actually waiting to hear input from other Mods in a separate discussion. At first glance, while the rules do not specifically address this particular issue, it seems to fall under Rule #9 under the Contest Rules. Encouraging multiple people to create false contests (which, in essence, these would be) would, essentially, be ’harbuming, griefing or generally annoying another player’, since anyone attempting to enter these contests would probably be annoyed to find out that it’s all fake. Plus, it could easily interfere with legitimate contests as well. Add to that the general clause of ‘These rules are intended as guidelines’, and that’s really why the contest was paused.

In other words, your contest is under review, not actually ‘cancelled’. I do agree, however, that you should have been notified about the ‘review’ soon after it was pulled.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

This is me, sitting back and smiling because I’m not a mod any more.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

I liked the idea of your contest. I’d probably participate if I hadn’t already bought eps. 2&3. We just don’t have nearly enough spam around here.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!