Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho OK what the **** happened to my contest

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I’m actually waiting to hear input from other Mods in a separate discussion. At first glance, while the rules do not specifically address this particular issue, it seems to fall under Rule #9 under the Contest Rules. Encouraging multiple people to create false contests (which, in essence, these would be) would, essentially, be ’harbuming, griefing or generally annoying another player’, since anyone attempting to enter these contests would probably be annoyed to find out that it’s all fake. Plus, it could easily interfere with legitimate contests as well. Add to that the general clause of ‘These rules are intended as guidelines’, and that’s really why the contest was paused.

In other words, your contest is under review, not actually ‘cancelled’. I do agree, however, that you should have been notified about the ‘review’ soon after it was pulled.

Ah, an argument I didn’t see coming. The entire point of the “male reproductive organS IN MY bum” line was to show, in the OP, that a contest was created solely for the chance of winning my BP. The contest entries couldn’t outright say “this is for Hobart’s contest I don’t intend on paying out” because they would qualify for toxx as soon as they were made, and people would get banned for nothing since someone could easily “outbid” them on the last day while they were stuck serving a toxx ban.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

Hon,

Maybe the concern is that you might have toxxed that contest itself?

I realize that you still haven’t accepted my friend request (and we could be such goooLog in to see images!

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Ma’am, are you calling me dishonest? What cause, nay, what right have you to impugn my honor?

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 02/03/2010 2:41PM

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Ah, an argument I didn’t see coming. The entire point of the “male reproductive organS IN MY bum” line was to show, in the OP, that a contest was created solely for the chance of winning my BP. The contest entries couldn’t outright say “this is for Hobart’s contest I don’t intend on paying out” because they would qualify for toxx as soon as they were made, and people would get banned for nothing since someone could easily “outbid” them on the last day while they were stuck serving a toxx ban.

Looking at it from that perspective, the phrase “male reproductive organS IN MY bum” is interchangeable with “this is for Hobart’s contest I don’t intend on paying out”. So we still come back to the crux of my argument.

Let me make sure I’m understanding the intent of your contest. bumume five people enter, each offering BP, then whichever person offers the most wins your contest, so long as they toxx themselves in their own contest after you’ve chosen them. That player wins the BP, experiences an unspecified ban-length, and the remaining 4 players have to decide between paying out the BP they offered, or toxxing their contest for no profit.

Is that fairly accurate?

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Let me make sure I’m understanding the intent of your contest. bumume five people enter, each offering BP, then whichever person offers the most wins your contest, so long as they toxx themselves in their own contest after you’ve chosen them. That player wins the BP, experiences an unspecified ban-length, and the remaining 4 players have to decide between paying out the BP they offered, or toxxing their contest for no profit.

Is that fairly accurate?

Yes

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Why can’t we have any sort of creative fun anymore?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Johnny Mac Posted:

Why can’t we have any sort of creative fun anymore?

I think the issue may be we can have creative fun, just not at the expense of other people.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 02/03/2010 5:49PM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

MC Banhammer Posted:

I think the issue may be we can have creative fun, just not at the expense of other people.

That’s no fun. Log in to see images!

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I was all for that kind of contest and am surprised at the course of action. Though just a point of clarity, toxx bans are in fact, full site and not just community. That said, if anybody was willing to face the consequences of going through with your contest and you ponied up in the end, it was fair game and legal.

Just another opinion, we will see where this goes.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

If “at the expense of other people” is referring to those that would enter the toxxed contests, I don’t think they’d be any worse off than if someone were to toxx a contest on their own. BP was promised, it wasn’t delivered, and the offending poster was banned. Justice is still served, and anyone that was unaware of my contest would still be at peace with this outcome.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

The contest isn’t dead, it’s hidden for now. BUT…

I will move the contest back into the contests forum on the condition that The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity gives me the 100 BP prize for this contest to hold in escrow.

I will also take the responsibility of the toxx’d contest(s) as a result if the other mods don’t want to deal with it.

So there’s my condition. Hobart – the ball’s in your court now.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

The contest isn’t dead, it’s hidden for now. BUT…

I will move the contest back into the contests forum on the condition that The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity gives me the 100 BP prize for this contest to hold in escrow.

I will also take the responsibility of the toxx’d contest(s) as a result if the other mods don’t want to deal with it.

So there’s my condition. Hobart – the ball’s in your court now.

There is absolutely no precedent for this and I’m more than a little insulted that the moderation staff doesn’t trust me to be good for my word.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

There is absolutely no precedent for this and I’m more than a little insulted that the moderation staff doesn’t trust me to be good for my word.

19 legit bans that I see that are not drunken-tubs or user requested. In a contest that calls for people to toxx.

I want to make damn sure you’re going to pay up. Log in to see images!

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

In before it is implied that Spacekadt is anything but the stand up mod she is.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I love that drunken tubs is a ban category now.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This seems pretty fair actually. It used to be the condition for the earlier contests with prizes of value. I know I remember MCB having to deal with people’s escrow BPs.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I did do that when there was a question about someone’s ability to pay.

While I don’t doubt the Ghost’s ability to pay, it’s very reasonable to bumume that a contest which asks other contests to toxx, is likely to toxx itself. Therefore I support an escrow arrangement for any such contest.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

I did do that when there was a question about someone’s ability to pay.

While I don’t doubt the Ghost’s ability to pay, it’s very reasonable to bumume that a contest which asks other contests to toxx, is likely to toxx itself. Therefore I support an escrow arrangement for any such contest.

but think of how hilarious it would be if 15 people got banned for toxx in hopes of winning a contest that eventually gets banned for toxx Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

but think of how hilarious it would be if 15 people got banned for toxx in hopes of winning a contest that eventually gets banned for toxx Log in to see images!

I so don’t think you’re helping your cause CYBER LAUGH

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I find it hilarious, honestly… I’m just not going to let it happen Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!