Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Those Walmart ****ers

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

If you have not already heard, Walmart has decided to take $470,000 from Debbie Shank, a 52 year old mother of three (One of her sons recently died in Iraq), who was involved in a terrible car accident crippling her short term memory, leaving her in a wheelchair, and in a nursing home.

Because of the fine print of Walmarts health insurance plan, since Debbie was involved in a car accident and was awarded the money to take care of the tragic aftermath, they are entitled to take all the money that was supposed to go to taking care of Debbie.

They actually want $470,000 from this handicapped woman in a wheelchair, who needs it to be taken care of in the future. This coming from a company that made $90 billion last quarter.

Here is the link to the full story at cnn.

They are so going to lose those 470k in revenue.
Echuu edited this message on 03/27/2008 10:38PM

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

walmart is notorious for their egregious abuses of their workers and shady business practices. this is nothing new.

turdfisher

[WeChall]

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I have to say this nothing new from Walmart but its still kind of sad that they are taking the money from her.

TorumFroll

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

This make Torumfroll angry.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, it’s pretty sickening. However, at it’s best, I think it’s another great example for supporters of universal health-care to highlight, and might help rattle some cages.

I do realize that Wal-Mart, the corporation, is evil…but I also realize that [INSERT CITY, STATE HERE] Wal-Mart, and it’s employees, aren’t. So I try to limit my purchases from Wal-Mart, and encourage others to do the same…stuff like buying your groceries from your local grocery store, electronics from specialty stores like Best-Buy, etc.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

I do realize that Wal-Mart, the corporation, is evil…but I also realize that [INSERT CITY, STATE HERE] Wal-Mart, and it’s employees, aren’t. So I try to limit my purchases from Wal-Mart, and encourage others to do the same…stuff like buying your groceries from your local grocery store, electronics from specialty stores like Best-Buy, etc.

Well said, sister! I make it a point to shop local, know my regular shop owners, and avoid the “convenience” of Wal-Mart. It can be done, and it should be if we want to (someday) live in a world that is human-scaled, as opposed to Corp.-run.

OO

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Y’know, I believe it. That’s the sick part.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

pOOpey Posted:

Well said, sister! I make it a point to shop local, know my regular shop owners, and avoid the “convenience” of Wal-Mart. It can be done, and it should be if we want to (someday) live in a world that is human-scaled, as opposed to Corp.-run.

OO

I do the same. I don’t know about other places, but the walmarts here are FAR from “convenient”. The only reason to shop there is the low prices. I’ll gladly pay a little more and avoid the headache.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

kittiejenn Posted:

I do the same. I don’t know about other places, but the walmarts here are FAR from “convenient”. The only reason to shop there is the low prices. I’ll gladly pay a little more and avoid the headache.

agreed. i’ve never made a purchase from the walmart in my town because there’s been absolutely no need for me to. and their low prices only seem to be a couple cents less than other places when i’ve been bothered to look.

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Walmart is a corporation, not a person. Thus, Walmart itself cannot be evil: only the people inside including the employees themselves. You want an end to a business, you get the employees to quit by not buying their products. You might ask, “what about their families? seriously, they have families.” Yes, and so do the people at the top, but there’s a price everyone’s got to pay when it comes to a boycott.

I myself don’t care either way, as I only shop at high-end retailers (eg. Gamestop/EB, Best Buy, Tigerdirect/Newegg, and Tommy Hilfiger).

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Big business is big business and often times people get hurt for a few extra stock points. However, not looking at the link (not a big fan of CNN) I’m sure this is just one of the many sob stories in corporate America without a happy ending.

I never shop at Walmart anyway but you can find just about anything wrong with any big corporation which is why I can’t brush my teeth with Crest because my girlfriend hates Proctor and Gamble Log in to see images!

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

L2 Posted:

Yeah, it’s pretty sickening. However, at it’s best, I think it’s another great example for supporters of universal health-care to highlight, and might help rattle some cages.

I do when I can, but I usually work nights or graveyard, and thus are up during those times even when I’m off ready to go do some shopping. Guess what’s the only thing open… ****ing Fry’s, Best Buy, grocery stores, auto shops, and many others aren’t open as late and if they were 24 hours you wouldn’t see my going to Wal-mart for the rest of my life.

jpsteel Posted:

Big business is big business and often times people get hurt for a few extra stock points. However, not looking at the link (not a big fan of CNN) I’m sure this is just one of the many sob stories in corporate America without a happy ending.

I never shop at Walmart anyway but you can find just about anything wrong with any big corporation which is why I can’t brush my teeth with Crest because my girlfriend hates Proctor and Gamble Log in to see images!

Apparently they test on animals so I’ve been doing the same as far as boycotting them.

BeBoBli edited this message on 04/08/2008 5:49PM

oDrew

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

As far as shopping at Wal-Mart for the “low prices,” 99% of major, high-end retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, all those high-tech places) have Price Match policies. So if you find a cheap TV or computer (they do computers now, right?) just have Best Buy price match it.

(Loophole – If you buy it at full price first, and then come BACK to get it pricematched, you get 110% of the difference.)

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

...They have a forum… http://www.topix.com/forum/com/wmt. And I would like to KILL their forum….

oDrew

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

That forum looks WORSE than the forums we pwn in this game. >_>;

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

oDrew Posted:

Around Dental Forum, So…. Let’s Pwn the **** out it?Log in to see images!

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

oDrew Posted:

Around Dental Forum, So…. Let’s Pwn the **** out it?Log in to see images!

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

General Romanov Posted:

...They have a forum… http://www.topix.com/forum/com/wmt. And I would like to KILL their forum….

In the few threads I glanced through, the “typical posts” seem like the ones here.. disconnected from what everyone else is saying and not on topic.

MuddyBallzFl-
ap

[1337 House]

Level 15 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

That is sick. Everyone, we should all read contracts in full before signing anything. This really shouldn’t be legal.

Chapel

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Subrogation is actually very common, and conceptually makes perfect sense — I think you’d be hard-pressed to find an insurance policy that doesn’t abide by it.

Also, Wal-Mart caved and let the woman keep the money for this particular case.

http://walmartwatch.com/blog/archives/wal_mart_agrees_to_drop_demands_on_shank_family/

Chapel edited this message on 04/08/2008 7:37PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!